Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
First : Thanks for posting.

1. What do you feel are the main issues with the current design/build , and how have they strayed from the earlier versions?

2. Besides funding, what are the main obstacles you faced?

So basically your gripe is with Joppa and his ability to actually lead this project?
I don't like Joppa, but I think he can lead the project just fine. But more like being head lemming he's leading them all off a cliff. They are trying to do the best they can with what they got, but progress is slow and without any real professionals on the team I don't see how they will be able to make a game that will be any good.

First : Thanks for posting.

1. What do you feel are the main issues with the current design/build , and how have they strayed from the earlier versions?

2. Besides funding, what are the main obstacles you faced?
1. It just doesn't seem far enough along. They need a bigger team of professional world builders, artists, etc. They are making progress, and are trying to improve the appearance of the graphics and level design, but its not enough in the amount of time that has passed.

2. That not enough professionals want to join on board without getting paid. A mostly amateur team taking on the enormous task of making an MMO. The revolving door of devs.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're not really adding much insight here. Come on Kyn! Give us more. What were the issues between you and Joppa?

I think we all know Pantheon has an uphill battle. It's like 3 guys with 12 months of unity experience combined.

Oldbased

> Than U
So I'll be that guy.
Why are you here?
Did you wake up today and decide this project is shit or did they force you out for one reason or another?
What are your plans now?

You're not really adding much insight here. Come on Kyn! Give us more. What were the issues between you and Joppa?

I think we all know Pantheon has an uphill battle. It's like 3 guys with 12 months of unity experience combined.
We just didn't work well together and I was in his way I suppose. I recommended Joppa to Brad for a promotion over me actually months ago. I thought he had the makings of a good leader and told Brad so. Once he got the job though he became a totally different person. He then proceeded to stab me in the back and sabotage all my work and undermine my relationship with Brad.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
What were the 3-6 month realistic goals for the team? (workable demo?)

The rumor of investment funding has circulated, any insight? (Follow up in case you did not see the question asked earlier)

So I'll be that guy.
Why are you here?
Did you wake up today and decide this project is shit or did they force you out for one reason or another?
What are your plans now?
Just being backstabbed brought me here. I knew the project was pretty lousy for a while but I held out hope that we could turn it around somehow one way or another. I know now that is unlikely to happen. I don't have any plans, other than going back to using my free time to play wow instead of spending it on Pantheon.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ha. I just never could beleive the investment one. It just sounds impossible with the current state

Kyn-you sound like someone who got an alpha invite and thought they'd have a finished and fun game. Why isn't it fun? What needs to change??

What were the 3-6 month realistic goals for the team? (workable demo?)

The rumor of investment funding has circulated, any insight? (Follow up in case you did not see the question asked earlier)
I think the goal was just to have as much to show as possible. It was slowly being pieced together but its still in a very primitive state.
I don't think there has been any funding that has come in. I would be surprised if it has.

Any examples Kyn? I can see how that would upset you.
Its just we were used to a more laid back work environment before he came. Then it was all business as if we were working for a real company. Step a toe out of line or do something that he didn't approve of and he would jump all over you. He has a major stick up his ass.