Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Color me impressed. They posted the same picture three times.
They have only the one zone, Halnir's Pass or whatever, and I think that's the plan. Polish a single zone as far as they can reasonably take it, get in some of the basic systems & flesh out & fully document more difficult/expensive ones, while building lore etc. Then they shop that zone around for VC or roll out another kickstarter. It's smart, and their work is starting to look quite competitive, and in my opinion, compelling. This is not about making Pantheon with their current team unless they are STILL absolutely delusional, which given the history is very possible. This is about laying the ground work to make the 'promise' of Pantheon attractive to a buyer.

Good luck, guys. I always push for dreamers. Shit has come a long way visually and you should be proud.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
They could have at least partially disguised it by taking pictures from different angles. Right now all I see is a single bridge in a couple of different lighting conditions. Big fucking deal, once again, anyone practiced with Unity can do what is in those screenshots in an afternoon.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They could have at least partially disguised it by taking pictures from different angles. Right now all I see is a single bridge in a couple of different lighting conditions. Big fucking deal, once again, anyone practiced with Unity can do what is in those screenshots in an afternoon.
...they specifically state they are showing various stages of environmental design in the caption. Read it and you'll understand why it's 3 'identical' shots.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
pic 1: Original assets after importing into Unity 5
pic 2: Concept Art of said area overlayed over it
pic 3: asset after made over by new art head guy they "hired"

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
They have only the one zone, Halnir's Pass or whatever, and I think that's the plan. Polish a single zone as far as they can reasonably take it, get in some of the basic systems & flesh out & fully document more difficult/expensive ones, while building lore etc. Then they shop that zone around for VC or roll out another kickstarter. It's smart, and their work is starting to look quite competitive, and in my opinion, compelling. This is not about making Pantheon with their current team unless they are STILL absolutely delusional, which given the history is very possible. This is about laying the ground work to make the 'promise' of Pantheon attractive to a buyer.

Good luck, guys. I always push for dreamers. Shit has come a long way visually and you should be proud.
Agreed. They should do everything they can to get a working demo with a few zones. I know they have several zones at least partially built from what they've shown and said so far. I'm guessing they are working towards character creation and lvl 1-10 skills on each class with animations.

That would be my plan at least.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agreed. They should do everything they can to get a working demo with a few zones. I know they have several zones at least partially built from what they've shown and said so far. I'm guessing they are working towards character creation and lvl 1-10 skills on each class with animations.

That would be my plan at least.
Thats pretty much what they said. They are working towards Alpha 1 later this year supposedly in which the level 1-10 areas will be tested with 5 (I think) of the classes. They implied that they have multiple zones in progress. The stated goal is to test the combat mechanics, skills, and environments to, above all, make sure the game is fun. Its very close to the approach many people in this thread were suggesting they take a number of pages back.

All in all, I think the art and zone screenshots are more than sufficient for an immersive world. Now we get to wait and see how they integrate the character models so they look like part of the world. Thats one area they really have to design their own stuff, rather than use Unity assets (They have said they are doing custom character models).

Chris Perkins has been really good for this project and deserves the credit for "turning it around". And I'd probably say its good that Brad has been laying a bit lower and letting Chris handle the PR.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Chris Perkins has been really good for this project and deserves the credit for "turning it around".
Good, hopefully it comes out and is successful. That way, Brad can take all the credit for yet another project he did absolutely nothing on.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Any word on where they got the money to hire Aion art guy?
Are they paying him? I read it and just assumed he had been let go from Aion or whatever and was in between jobs, thus "working" on this while waiting on other things.