Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pile it on, punks...

New screenshot coming Monday.
Hey bro I just picked up this new graphics card so I could play in 1280 X 900.

rrr_img_107014.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do acreenshots prove in regards to producing a working game bro?
That was just a FYI for the people interested. I don't think screens prove anything but I still enjoy seeing them.

Curious, how many people do you guys think are working on this game?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I dont think it really matters but if I had to take a wild stab Id say no more than 20, and thats me being very generous, and also me not following this trainwreck at all.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't see how anyone can make an MMO of substance in today's market with less than 20 people and at least $5 million.

Honestly those are like probably too small a number.

I don't follow this Pantheon stuff besides dropping in occassionally for a giggle. I don't think McQuaid can pull a rabbit out of a hat on this one anymore than he did with Vanguard, frankly.

Look at it this way. He had 50 million + and Microsoft's backing, and couldn't bring home the bacon before. He doesn't have remotely that now. His record speaks for itself.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
There appear to be 21 people associated with the project from their last about us update (a week ago) of course not all of them are programmers or designers and they just recently appear to have re-expanded from 10-12. I would have to assume that they are still working on the game in their free time, so it's going to be slow going, but it looks more promising than it has for, well, ever............

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see how anyone can make an MMO of substance in today's market with less than 20 people and at least $5 million.

Honestly those are like probably too small a number.

I don't follow this Pantheon stuff besides dropping in occassionally for a giggle. I don't think McQuaid can pull a rabbit out of a hat on this one anymore than he did with Vanguard, frankly.

Look at it this way. He had 50 million + and Microsoft's backing, and couldn't bring home the bacon before. He doesn't have remotely that now. His record speaks for itself.
Definitely valid points, dude.. I've said it before... i totally understand the push back and why people think I'm insane. It's all good.

This just isn't the shit show we've become used to. That's been obvious for months now, regardless of content updates. The hiring of experienced devs is always an encouraging sign.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This just isn't the shit show we've become used to. That's been obvious for months now
I mean I just don't think the evidence we've seen, so far, in this thread justifies this conclusion.

As Lurkingdirk said, only time will tell if this conclusion is actually valid or not.

I'm not emotionally invested enough in the EQ model of gaming to root for or against Brad. I just know the last project he was involved in was a disaster, know this project began as a disaster, and don't think they have the money or team large enough to make a successful, substantive MMO today from what I've seen so far.

Best case scenario, they put something out, and it is unsustainable from a financial perspective.

That's my personal opinion.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean I just don't think the evidence we've seen, so far, in this thread justifies this conclusion.
Not to shit on my statement to defend it.. but it's not hard to raise the bar from Fuzzy troll.

This isn't a very revealing articlePantheon: Rise of the Fallen | Catching Up on the Past Year | MMORPG

but there is a level of understanding and professionalism that didn't exist back then. I've came to that conclusion over the course of the last 6 months or so. Just following the updates and reading some of the more in length dev replies in various places.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
For the record, Convo, I'd love for this game to be what you think it's going to. I just can't look at Brad's track record and put much weight into any unfinished product. You follow the project much closer than I do, so I'll admit I'm not basing my opinion specific to Pantheon on much research. I just can't forgive Brad for the lies he told leading up to the launch of Vanguard. And that's just a small item in the long list of shit associated with his name.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Not to shit on my statement to defend it.. but it's not hard to raise the bar from Fuzzy troll.

This isn't a very revealing articlePantheon: Rise of the Fallen | Catching Up on the Past Year | MMORPG

but there is a level of understanding and professionalism that didn't exist back then. I've came to that conclusion over the course of the last 6 months or so. Just following the updates and reading some of the more in length dev replies in various places.
This is all just words.

The proof will be in the pudding, so to speak.

Right now they seem to be making pudding with feces, and talking really nicely about how great it'll taste when its done. We have no reason to trust anything coming from McQuaid's quarters based on his track record. Some nice interviews and some semi decent screenshots are not sufficient evidence to retract this opinion at this point in time.

As lurkingdirk said, at this point, only time will tell if these are just words, or something of substance, but skepticism and history demand that we reserve judgement and remain pessimistic until such time.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not saying that Pantheon will amount to anything, but after playing Project Gorgon the last few days it really is astonishing how fast things can be made in the Unity engine compared to MMO's of the previous generation. Gorgon has 2 developers and is already fun to play, and it has less bugs than Vanguard.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Not saying that Pantheon will amount to anything, but after playing Project Gorgon the last few days it really is astonishing how fast things can be made in the Unity engine compared to MMO's of the previous generation. Gorgon has 2 developers and is already fun to play, and it has less bugs than Vanguard.
Yeah, that's what's giving me some hope. Project Gorgon impressed me with what they have been able to do with Unity.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah Unity is an amazing framework. But it still takes competent developers and managers to get a game out the door. Brad's last game he basically set a pile of money on fire and it didn't come out the way it was supposed to. The only thing that keeps me even halfway interested in Pantheon is the fact that Vanguard at the very core had some interesting design philosophies. It was a technical disaster but hopefully Unity can help alleviate some of that technical stress. So maybe Brad can pull another rabbit out of his meth pipe.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Too much focus on Brad and not enough on the rest of the team. Brad hasn't even been the most visible person on this project.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Dude he's the head of the entire project.

He's also the most well known, and most controversial member, and also the guy who bollocksed up the kickstarter campaign from the get go, mis managed, and outright stole funds for the project.

Bruman

Golden Squire
My favorite part from that interview:

"This isn?t Pantheon, it?s Visionary Realms. It will be a hallmarkin other games that we do too"

GUYS THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!

Also, "real" update end of September. I hope they have mouse look!