Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Your loyalty to them is duly noted and I respect that.

If I had friends hanging out with a guy with a history of ripping off his employees, lying to them, and leaving them high and dry while he walked away relatively unscathed, I would be warning them about it, not blindly supporting their terrible decisions.

Maybe that's a difference in values/world views.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your loyalty to them is duly noted and I respect that.

If I had friends hanging out with a guy with a history of ripping off his employees, lying to them, and leaving them high and dry while he walked away relatively unscathed, I would be warning them about it, not blindly supporting their terrible decisions.

Maybe that's a difference in values/world views.
you realize these guys are being paid, right? There is no ripping off going on. There is money, a business, people work, people get paid. It's been that way for a while now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Amway salesmen make some money too.

Doesn't make the system any less of a scam as a result though.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah... people at Vanguard were getting paid too. At one time we had one of the employees post the entire story. Brad for the most confirmed most of what happened. History seemed to repeat itself in the beginning of Pantheon as well. So you, or anyone at Pantheon, need to understand why everyone is jaded or skeptical at best. The stories continually stack up and nothing ever seems to really add up.

I honestly believe most people would love for this to succeed regardless of their opinions but they also hate to see people in the industry, good, hardworking people, get suckered in and get taken out in parking lots again. You almost feel responsible if you support any of Brad's ventures at this point because if history does repeat itself you have been a sole contributor and enabler to this system and it's really not fair to those who just simply wanted a job and to make a game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand the skepticism. These guys don't expect to win this community over with some screenshots, I already know they want to earn legit status around here through their work. They don't blame people for being the way they are. They're working and I hope in time you guys will at least give them a shot, even some help in beta with feedback and whatnot.

Maric

N00b
Amway salesmen make some money too.

Doesn't make the system any less of a scam as a result though.
They could use this experience to get another job in the industry. So even if they are getting paid a pittance (which is probably true) the job experience could prove to be very beneficial. I'm also hoping these guys pull Pantheon off (especially with Unity becoming a major development platform). Not because of Brad, but because the crew since FuzzyTrollGate has been pretty solid. Of course I'd love to see Visionary pull this off because the genre could use an good old school MMO right now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
How much experience do you think people creating games in Unity engine are really getting that is applicable anywhere except in mobile game development?

Serious question, not like asking it just to be a dick or anything.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How much experience do you think people creating games in Unity engine are really getting that is applicable anywhere except in mobile game development?

Serious question, not like asking it just to be a dick or anything.
probably a lot. I think people just assume everything is being done in Unity but for the most part, it's a lot of outside software they are using, at least I know that's what is happening with Pantheon.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Unity is huge. Depends on what they're doing with it I guess. It's wildly supported across all platforms.

The perception here is just shop and drop from the asset store, and there are games that leverage that to a degree. Hearthstone was made in Unity.

Maybe people would be less fixated on Pantheon if there were other alternatives that weren't Crowfall or MMOs more than a decade old.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
probably a lot. I think people just assume everything is being done in Unity but for the most part, it's a lot of outside software they are using, at least I know that's what is happening with Pantheon.
Again how do you know? You say you know all these things but no proof. Everything you say is pure speculation. You hyped up this "update" before it came, you were calling this game "the future of mmos" in the EQnext thread before this update and many other things. You made it seem like you had inside knowledge, but then nothing but a upgraded website comes out. So either your source is wrong or there is no source and its just all BS to help convince yourself that your cheer-leading isn't for nothing.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Again how do you know? You say you know all these things but no proof. Everything you say is pure speculation. You hyped up this "update" before it came, you were calling this game "the future of mmos" in the EQnext thread before this update and many other things. You made it seem like you had inside knowledge, but then nothing but a upgraded website comes out. So either your source is wrong or there is no source and its just all BS to help convince yourself that your cheer-leading isn't for nothing.
Wasn't just a hyped up website. There is content there. I wish they would have went farther and showed a little more but they are a few years out, the only thing that really matters is the end result.

You guys have been making all these different claims about me and my association with the project, despite what you might think, I'm not in this for leet infoz, so I wouldn't push for a ton of insider info anyway. I obviously poked around and feel comfortable enough to support the project. That's not to say there are no risks, of course there are. Words and execution are 2 different animals. I hope they can execute. It's really not my job to divulge information about this project, I don't say I know anything, I use public postings from the team as my source.

I had no inside information on what the update would entail. Again, I wanted a little more but I was happy with what came out. The races look awesome, I enjoyed the fact stuff, screens, etc. It's not a video so it wasn't enough for you guys but there were plenty of folks who were happy with the amount of information that dropped. They basically reintroduced themselves to the MMO world. I think it was a good start and they need to keep it going from here.

It sounds like most of the people here want to see gameplay videos, I don't think that's a smart move until they have a higher level of polish. My guess is the quality isn't there yet so they didn't make a gameplay video.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a lot of words for not mad
I can't say I've ever actually been mad on this forum. It's a gaming forum.. I don't take it as serious as some of you. I'm just trying to respond to him in a reasonable manner. I can shit post and throw mud with the best of them but it's getting kind of lame in here. Maybe you should take a break too, champ.