Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I had some sweet grinding spots in classic WoW. My favorite was the ogre ruins in Tanaris. Perfect respawn

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
In Vanilla WoW I ground that village in Western Plaguelands that had the elite soldiers with that one slightly tougher guy that would path through the area, up in the north. Can't remember the name of it.

Got two of those purple one handed swords that all the sword rogues liked prior to raiding. Can't remember the name of that shit either, wtf?

Made a lotta gold selling those. Really enjoyed grinding there because no one else was ever there, the mobs were too tough to solo for most classes, but my rogue would chew them up, and he could separate the groups with some of his abilities.

That was a long fucking time ago though.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Krol Blade was a noob trap item. For sword rogues the set from UBRS (Dal'Rend) was better in every way since you got precious +Sword off it to push away glancing blows.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Lake Rathe was easily doable for magicians and necros at 14-16. Well, and monks. Monks were so OP in vanilla. One of the few classes with a kajillion different abilities that very few people invested time to level up. ID kiting was amazing.
I used to ID sploit in Sol B. The bats would get stuck and just fly back and forth in one spot and you didn't have to chase them at all. Monks in EQ were so fun in the early days.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Krol Blade was a noob trap item. For sword rogues the set from UBRS (Dal'Rend) was better in every way since you got precious +Sword off it to push away glancing blows.
It was high demand for gold farmers and noob sword rogues who either didn't want to do dungeons, or didn't have time, or didn't have any friends to do them with, etc.

I made a fucking killing selling those two swords.

Tenks

It was high demand for gold farmers and noob sword rogues who either didn't want to do dungeons, or didn't have time, or didn't have any friends to do them with, etc.

It was also a better PvP sword since it was 2.8 and Dal'Rend was 2.6.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Yeah it was mostly gold sellers who bought these so they could farm in azshara faster and shit. Also I think they were better than Dalrend for PvP? Cause like you didn't get Glancing in PvP. And arguably it was easier to farm 600gold or whatever Krol was than to get 2 specific drops in UBRS, which on top were rare iirc considering UBRS took fucking forever to run and everyone rolled on everything and shit. It was the fucking dark age back then.

Tenks

Also I think they were better than Dalrend for PvP? Cause like you didn't get Glancing in PvP.
Technically you could if you ran +Defense. I did run a defense PvP warrior for a bit doing battlegrounds. It was pretty worthless since the majority of PvP damage is yellow so defense didn't matter much.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
all of the "mechanic" gnome npcs and some of the clockwork npcs in ak'anon wouldn't move/attack if you attacked them from a few specific corners in the city. it was pretty awesome.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Memories of weapon levelling in classic. Those mobs in Blasted Lands that would go invuln so you could get your skillup ticks.

dreamy sigh

Tenks

Pft this was in an age before DPS meters. If you weren't leveling weapons in a raid you weren't trying!

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yeah, we're talking about WoW, and you're saying there's no DPS meters. I had DPS meters back in Kunark raiding in EQ. I'd expect they were there in Vanilla too (I just didn't start raiding before Velious).