Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha Jesus did they hire Lawrence Schick??
This guy looks like that lore sounds:

"Who are the Withered, you ask? Perhaps it is discovery you seek, rather than mere words."

rrr_img_119050.jpg

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Lets help out Brad and name some more locations for him. This one is on the house, Brad.

Bridgepass
Riverflow
Cavehole
The Moneypit
The first thing anyone who pledges money to this project will encounter, the money pit is a surprisingly deep hole that is entirely a man made construct. It swallows wealth at an infinite rate, defying both physics and logic. Some say there is a portal at the bottom of the pit that leads to the realm where dreams go to die.

The Great Pyramid of Schemes
A huge monolith built by a greedy wizard. The pyramid is a great mystery to all but the most seasoned adventurers. It is said that the secret to unlimited wealth is contained at the top of the structure, one merely needs to reach it. However boundless traps and plot holes await any who would brave it's many, many, many levels.

All Manor
This large property is most peculiar indeed. It is populated by every spare art asset and half baked idea the developers had lying around to try and meet their goal of four complete areas to explore by launch. Come see such sights as the invisible stalker, the feckless horror, the low resolution dragon and the gelatinous code.

The Direstraits
This will most likely be the last place a halfling or anyone else will see in the doomed world of Pantheon. The area is devoid of all life. It contains such places as the marsh of low return which is fed by the river of tears. The delinquency dunes that look out over the sea of non-liquidity. And the burn-rate plain that stretch out before the foot of the terrible mounting Debt that is continuously undergoing bankruption.

I gave it my best, but something tells me it wont be enough.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Do you have to cut through the Crimson Shore to get to Menstropolis?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
it's bad, but then again, being totally honest, so is most fantasy writing. I mean, shit, even Tolkien named his dragon Smaug, and his two main antagonists were Sauron and Saruman. Got those two fuckers confused several times the first time I read the books. And a lot of the names in EQ weren't exactly super original either, so don't know why anyone would expect differently from Brad this time around.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
it's bad, but then again, being totally honest, so is most fantasy writing. I mean, shit, even Tolkien named his dragon Smaug, and his two main antagonists were Sauron and Saruman. Got those two fuckers confused several times the first time I read the books. And a lot of the names in EQ weren't exactly super original either, so don't know why anyone would expect differently from Brad this time around.
I'm sure this will work out just as well as Tolkien's career.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
When Tolkien did it, he was basically the first, too. Pretty hard to be unoriginal when you are the originator, and Tolkien was specifically writing his books and naming his characters the way he was to fit certain European conceptual images dating back hundreds to thousands of years.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
This guy looks like that lore sounds:

"Who are the Withered, you ask? Perhaps it is discovery you seek, rather than mere words."

rrr_img_119050.jpg
Seriously it has to be him. Or his kid or something. It's exactly the same style of REALLY shitty writing.

On a side note, Parking Lot raid Zone lol love it
smile.png

Like Veeshan's Peak. You go in, you are unrezzable and lose all your shit.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
E'ci. Tunare. Tarew Marr. Povar.

Come on guys. Lore has always been shit. Naming even worse.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't get past the first two sentences of whatever was at the top of the article. It made my brain melt.
As the candles of yesteryear burned in the twilight, happenstance wondered with the eye fleeing to the hills of Riverbridge Run. Carelessly fleeting moments of peace long since lost, where adventurers once took note. Now as the burning memory of ages past reignite in the bones of our ancestors, we try yet once and thrice to restore the days of old.

Translation: Go camp derv 5 and make a difference, chair monkey.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Personally, I never gave a fuck about the lore in any game I played. I enjoyed EQ because of the world and how immersive it was, and how much fun I had playing it. I knew that Innoruuk was the God of hate, and that Cazic Thule was the God of fear, beyond that, I couldn't have cared less.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Not really. Lore is just the shitty story that attempts to explain why dark elves are corrupted or whatever. You can be immersed in something because of what you happen to be doing at that time, say, camping emporer crush, and not care at all why he's there.