Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I gotta agree. The whole follow the arrow quest system and shiny rewards every few mins that make loot in general boring has to stop. And just destroying mobs mashing buttons with zero danger. It's pretty lame imo

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The main thing that every MMO gets wrong nowadays is the risk vs. the reward. The risks are meaningless and the rewards are a joke.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So now that the usual stuck in 99 have said their "Every ~75 page" spiel, back to laughing at brad and this never coming out.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's weird how this argument continues to pop up. Hasn't everyone fucking said it by now?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everyone's said everything about this "game" by now, so if you see a bump it's probably rehashing something.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So now that the usual stuck in 99 have said their "Every ~75 page" spiel, back to laughing at brad and this never coming out.
I am laughing right now at the fact there will be a Pre-Alpha and Alpha NDA on a free to play game with 10 levels and 5 zones which will be EQ remapped and new music. To be launched in 2032 on Unity version 65.3.

There is a LOT of secret sauce to protect here Cinge!

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
rrr_img_122471.jpg

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Problem with MMORPGs is that there are too many variables and if you do a few of them wrong then, to me, it would defeat the purpose of making an MMORPG.
What I want to see in an MMORPG is PvE focused and catered towards the group experience. The content is not solo-quests; the content is you delving in dungeons of various sizes and difficulties scattered around the world for you and your friends to discover. Instead of giving you errands to follow, MMORPGs should set us free choosing our own pace. Quests should be more intimate, something that takes a long time for you to complete and the reward is great. But the whole point of playing is "the chase"; just like TCGs where you chase that mythical/rare card in an MMORPG your main focus is to chase that rare gear. Problem with most recent MMORPGs is that gear is thrown at you left and right so easily and so fast and you level too fast and upgrade your gear too fast it really doesn't matter at all. Gear is meaningless until you reach max level, this design philosophy should die.

So, "the chase" is you seeking that rare boot dropped by the vampire lord. It's as simple as that. The content should be challenging and fun with "roles" for each class. Don't listen to those who say "trinity is horrible"; actually trinity is horrible there should be more than just three roles. Roles are important in an MMORPG you need cooperation between players, you need to make players feel they have a role to fill in a group. Also, the community interdependence is important; several non-combat skills that make the life of other players easier (like Druid/Wizard portals in EQ). Another chase thing is gaining a skill, level, spell...etc. Make it hard enough to be worth while. If it's too fast, too easy and too trivial then there's no point in seeking it.

Again, a world filled with dungeons and their lore. Dungeons of various levels, sizes and difficulties. The dungeon is your main bread and butter; not quests. Scratch this "errand" style of quests and give us meaningful optional quests that take time and effort to achieve with amazing rewards.

I am unable to play an MMORPG were I have to solo-quest for hours. This, I cannot do. I will not cope with that "quest" style of MMORPGs, I'd rather shove a fork in my eye. I need freedom to test my capability with NPCs; I can go deeper in the forest to fight harder monsters or stay where I am fighting easier monsters. I decide my own pace. Monsters should not die in a few seconds and they should be difficult enough to warrant casual group play. If the average monster is too easy and dies too fast; why would I want to group with my friend? I am bored of playing solo in an MMORPG. I want to see monsters that take a long time to take down. Monsters that makes you definitely consider grouping.

This is only part of what I want in an MMORPG but I believe if designers do this one right I would be interested.
You should use more quotes around basic fucking terms. I feel like I am reading a God Damn marketing sheet from Lisa Boelyn. For fucks sake, you can say Quest system, and not say "Quest" system. Why? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY DO YOU DO THIS. I WOULD LIKE YOUR POSTS IF YOU DIDN'T TO THIS. It reminds me of fucking ester the tester saying PoM "Worked as intended". HOLY SHIT. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

TAKE YOUR " KEY AND RIP IT OFF YOUR FUCKING KEYBOARD.

FUCK MAN.

"the chase"
"Quest"
"roles"
"errand" (WTF!????)

Holy fucking shit! WATCH THIS!

I LOVE GAMES THAT LET ME CHASE THE LOOT CARROT WITHOUT HAVING TO QUEST AND IT WOULD BE NICE IF ROLES WERE POPULAR AGAIN OTHERWISE I FEEL LIKE I AM RUNNING ERRANDS ALL THE TIME.
OH MY FUCKING CHRIST ON A BICYCLE HEADED FOR HELL!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
TAKE MCQUAIDS COCK AND MOTOR BIKE OUT OF YOUR ASS.

AND GET OUTSIDE ITS FRIDAY NIGHT. THE ONLY REASON WHY I AM HERE IS TO WAIT FOR MY WIFE SO I CAN KICK HER ASS IN CRIBBAGE AND DRINK MORE BEER. SHE WILL PASS OUT, I WILL WIN, I WILL COME BACK, AND KICK YOUR ASS VERBALLY LIKE I HAVE BEEN SINCE FIRE WAS INVENTED.

After I show her the schlong of love. That takes a few hours.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They've lasted longer than most here would have predicted. I'll wait and see.

P.S. Write a poem about your world and your imaginary friends on the Internet.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
They've lasted longer than most here would have predicted. I'll wait and see.
I am taking a shit right now convo. One of those emergency shits. You know. The ones that sneak up on you. I'm posting this from my phone. I can tell you right now, after Taco Bell lunch, this game may come out after I am done wiping my asshole in 2934.

What the fuck is imagery? Image file friend? What the hell are you talking about? Get outside. Get some mountain air. Get in a cruise ship. Mars. Anywhere without Internet access or an LTE or 3G connection.

It's our world. Not your world. You moron.