Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Rhuobhe

N00b
Heard it from some insider sources that a veritable MMOG Dream Team has been assembled for this game, including:

- Lead Character Modeler for original EQ2 models
Hmm looking back, I'm not confident about this one. The character models for EQ2 were dog shit. I hope his skills have improved.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Hmm looking back, I'm not confident about this one. The character models for EQ2 were dog shit. I hope his skills have improved.
rrr_img_44055.jpg

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm sure they've improved just as much as Rosie's have improved from EQ to EQN. heh

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure whether the sarcasm alert should be sounding off on me or the people who think the dream team comment wasn't a joke. Or maybe they do and have ascended the joke to a second tier.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Probably because it was a joke. That's how I understood up until now anyway. Now I'm having seconds thoughts.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They need to take notes fromBlack Desertfor Character models.
They should take notes from the whole Black Desert game. It was a small project with less than 50 hands on deck and it looks amazing.

Hypothetically speaking, if Brad could use SOE's FL engine, Voxel farm building tools, hire 10 good artists for Char models-un Disney the shit, steel Vanguard Class/sphere's, Eqs LvL curve with aa's, bring in the Niche gameplay designs (hardcore, no map, death pen, mobs that cold kill you, no leashing, ect ect) IF IF this was the case I would throw in a grand or more for kickstarter.

Also, I love theory craft
smile.png

tad10

Elisha Dushku
They should take notes from the whole Black Desert game. It was a small project with less than 50 hands on deck and it looks amazing.

Hypothetically speaking, if Brad could use SOE's FL engine, Voxel farm building tools, hire 10 good artists for Char models-un Disney the shit, steel Vanguard Class/sphere's, Eqs LvL curve with aa's, bring in the Niche gameplay designs (hardcore, no map, death pen, mobs that cold kill you, no leashing, ect ect) IF IF this was the case I would throw in a grand or more for kickstarter.

Also, I love theory craft
smile.png
@whoever asked ages ago. I'd kick in $50 for the kickstarter for this if and only if it was goint to be a sub-based game and someone other than Brad was CEO/Chief Ass Kicker.

@Convo & Furious - I will grant that one way for this game to actually get finished is to use EQNL tools to build out a lot of the basic EQ art assets (cities, towns, dungeons etc). Leaving character art work to Brad's team (pretty much what you just implied above)

@Furious. I won't throw in more than $50 bucks into kickstarter unless Brad outlines exactly where the class/combat systems are going.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
@whoever asked ages ago. I'd kick in $50 for the kickstarter for this if and only if it was goint to be a sub-based game and someone other than Brad was CEO/Chief Ass Kicker.

@Convo & Furious - I will grant that one way for this game to actually get finished is to use EQNL tools to build out a lot of the basic EQ art assets (cities, towns, dungeons etc). Leaving character art work to Brad's team (pretty much what you just implied above)

@Furious. I won't throw in more than $50 bucks into kickstarter unless Brad outlines exactly where the class/combat systems are going.
Copy vanguard classes.... do it.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya that's why I said to just copy/paste Vanguards Class system. DOn't need to waste resources on new designs.

If Brad is truely working with Smed on this, he could steal the best parts of SoE games and just spend money on Art, lore and maybe quest writers.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Vanguards music was awesome too. The dude used to post here, well at FOH, too. Anyone remember him? I would like him to do the music as well for Brads new game.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Vanguard music is lovely. It's epic when it needs to be and sinks into the background in nice loops and is completely unobtrusive out in the open world.