Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I disagree. I think it was mutual and we've had problems getting some of the same rabble rousers back there to simmer down over here. The persistent viruses affecting the site for a month are what swayed the many that action had to be taken. Tyen's influence was 99% positive, and Trex had a marginal effect on the day to day operation. What was ridiculous was the exaggeration by the community about how bad Trex was. Also everyone blamed Trex/Tyen for the fashion forum when Requiem was the one who did it as a joke.

I wasn't a fan of Trex's activities, but I just ignored her like I did anyone else. I didn't mechanically ignore her because she didn't warrant it. Also you couldn't actually ignore mods, but they changed that as soon as people complained. So if you wanted to actually ignore her you could do that too. There are people on these forums I'd rather not talk to. So what?

The viruses being the turning point is a bit like the hessian mercenaries in the american revolution. For a while there, the rebellion was pretty much so/so with the colonists. When the german mercs showed up it upset a lot of loyalists and the revolution picked up steam. If not for the viruses, Trex/Tyen would have blown over.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Eh. Rose colored glasses. But whatever. The same could be said of much of the discussion on this board - such as this very thread on Brad and his new MMO.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Rose colored nothing. I said this stuff back then, here and there. My opinion hasn't changed one bit. Not to say I'm dissatisfied with the new management. Shit seems better than ever, so we upgraded. I'd like Req and Tyen to become constructive members of the new location though.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Rose colored nothing. I said this stuff back then, here and there. My opinion hasn't changed one bit. Not to say I'm dissatisfied with the new management. Shit seems better than ever, so we upgraded. I'd like Req and Tyen to become constructive members of the new location though.
Absolutely rose colored. Tyen stopped being a constructive member of the community over eqbrowser. He went nuts. It got fucking ridiculous.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
He did go nuts over eqbrowser. That was ridiculous. I don't know why he's still doing that shit. I don't even think he's trolling. WTF?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i never had a problem with tyen or trex. personally, i think most of the attacks on trex were completely unwarranted.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Must disagree about eq2 character models here.. by today's standards eq2 models look dated but back then ? They were pretty cool looking and very customizable... easy to "not look like" everyone else if you had a slice of creativity in your head.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's all about the benjamins (and management). Brad can pull it off if he gets the money and management other than himself. I will write it off if he starts NewCo with himself as CEO. That just can't end well.

Call it the difference between INT and WIS. Brad has a decent INT but showed a pretty low WIS score when he was running Sigil. ;-)
Nah, low alcohol tolerance! :3 But seriously, it's good he's clean now.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I dunno, I remember really dislking the EQ2 characters from videos and screenshots, but I didnt pick the game up at launch. When I tried it years later they (still) looked bad.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For the record I don't think I have rose colored glasses in regards to Brad and this new project. I've laid out my reasoning.:)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Neuralizer1.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha time will tell. That's the beauty of this one. For this thread and this thread only I should change my name to Convowulf?!

Gecko_sl

shitlord
It's all about the benjamins (and management). Brad can pull it off if he gets the money and management other than himself. I will write it off if he starts NewCo with himself as CEO. That just can't end well.

Call it the difference between INT and WIS. Brad has a decent INT but showed a pretty low WIS score when he was running Sigil. ;-)
What exactly would Brad do here, Tad?

The problem is Brad circa 1995 was one of us: an old school AD&D gamer and MUD player. Now, he really isn't. I doubt he plays MMOs much, and I'm not sure what he could bring to the table anymore,.

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean the funniest part about it is that EQ in a browser actually isn't a terrible idea. Honestly, it's not.

But he shouldn't be talking to Sony, he should be talking to the guys who run RuneScape.

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
The problem is Brad circa 1995 was one of us: an old school AD&D gamer and MUD player. Now, he really isn't. I doubt he plays MMOs much, and I'm not sure what he could bring to the table anymore,.
I think this can be said for a lot more than just Brad. In my opinion, the passion for the "gaming" part died out for a lot when they saw how much money they could make. Purely an opinion of course.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think this can be said for a lot more than just Brad. In my opinion, the passion for the "gaming" part died out for a lot when they saw how much money they could make. Purely an opinion of course.
i can't really blame them. video games<shit ton of money, drugs, hookers, stock options, and vacations.

kudos

<Banned>
John Carmack bought a fucking Ferrari in the 90's and he's still a video game coding God.

It's all perspective.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
John Carmack bought a fucking Ferrari in the 90's and he's still a video game coding God.

It's all perspective.
But he actually has a passion for what he does and listens to the community. We have him to thank for online gaming and the FPS genre. Brad got lucky because he was the first one out of the gate.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I think you are absolutely correct. And while true for the industry as a whole, it is more true for this genre. And those relics continue to pump out garbage.