Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Reht

Molten Core Raider
It's a lot further ahead then i thought it was going to be. Was a nice surprise to see some of the extra races in addition to Ogre; gnome and archai.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I hope the perception thing doesn't get annoying with pop ups. I like that it seems like the game is a dungeon master, though.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Loading...Please Wait.

I've actually missed those words.

They've even re-instituted the legacy zone line look where the road forks to the left and back to the right again before zoning. Can spot that shit a mile away.

And roamers at zone in? It'll be Karnor's Castle all fucking over again!

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Those of us who have wanted a reskinned EQ are going to get our wish. Right down to pet names like Jabantik and Gabanter.

Crowd control is coming back too.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is 2004 EQ2 for all intents and purposes, or I should say... what EQ2 should have been. There is nothing they are saying or anything I am seeing that hasn't already been done 10+ years ago.

I mean, I guess this game will do. I just expected so much more out of MMOs 17 years after EQ first came out.

What ever, it is fine. I will buy it when it comes out I am sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did they say if there will be instances or EQ style of dungeons with camps / zone boss competition?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Did they say if there will be instances or EQ style of dungeons with camps / zone boss competition?
The only instances will be story driven instances, not dungeon instances like we are used to in modern games; it's going to be more like EQ style of dungeons.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
This is 2004 EQ2 for all intents and purposes, or I should say... what EQ2 should have been. There is nothing they are saying or anything I am seeing that hasn't already been done 10+ years ago.

I mean, I guess this game will do. I just expected so much more out of MMOs 17 years after EQ first came out.

Eh, sometimes a few steps back is required before you can go forward. They're running on a skeleton crew, so what we've seen is honestly already more than I expected.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

I understand your argument, but what more have you been expecting? I'm just curious. What would change or redefine the genre? What are some mechanics you're wanting?

Reht

Molten Core Raider

Yeah, but that's the direction they wanted to go, they wanted a throwback game in the same vein as EQ1 and VG to a lesser extent.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider

I totally agree with your statement that it does feel like the spiritual successor to EQ that fans have been wanting for years. In that regard, it has potential is to advance the Everquest IP.

I'm guessing your comment is to say that 17 years ago, the average EQ fan would've predicted much greater things from the MMO space or even the EQ IP than what we've seen? To that point, I couldn't agree more. But better late than never.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I understand your argument, but what more have you been expecting? I'm just curious. What would change or redefine the genre? What are some mechanics you're wanting?

One mechanic that has been blatantly missing in this genre is that of improved mob AI. So many companies have talked about it, including VR for Pantheon, but it's still primitive as shit in execution. The idea that mobs don't just stand there and watch their buddies getting bludgeoned by a group of players while doing nothing. Or recognize that they're outnumbered and will call for backup. Or that certain weapon types work better against certain mobs or not at all (hello dagger vs apparition).

Again, I think VR has discussed shit like this being in their plans but obviously no anywhere near it in the current gameplay.