Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played EQ for probably 7-8 years. There were only two classes that I had never played - magician and rogue. Magician only because the fact that it was so pet-centric made it feel too close to Necro, which was my main for awhile. Rogue because the class just didn't appeal to me. At all.

Warrior was my first main but I grew tired of it during Luclin. I played a Monk for years after that and loved it, mostly because I LOVED pulling. I eventually rose up a Necro after realizing just how powerful they were. The shit a good Necro could do was absolutely freaking ridiculous.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Necros were OP as fuck.

When? Vanilla for the first 6 months? Charm undead (Which we would use in LGuk to solo for Ykesha's) was nerfed quickly. After that I was a mana battery and a corpse coffin expert for 3 xpacs in every single raid in Kunark, Velious, and Luclin. You couldn't even land life tap on any raid boss.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
When? Vanilla for the first 6 months? Charm undead (Which we would use in LGuk to solo for Ykesha's) was nerfed quickly. After that I was a mana battery and a corpse coffin expert for 3 xpacs in every single raid in Kunark, Velious, and Luclin. You couldn't even land life tap on any raid boss.

My experience with Necros came much, much later than this, after the dev team addressed some of their deficiencies. Adjusting spell resist checks and the introduction of the high-powered "fast" DoTs made Necros more useful in the raid game and just flat out sick in everything else.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
In groups and raids they were shit agree, but they were the ultimate solo class and could solo shit others would only dream of using fear kiting or rooting and rotting. Others soloed well too like druids quad kiting, but much downtime. Later on they became even more powerful as said above. And when KEI became a thing, even more so.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I quit in the middle of Planes of Power so I wouldn't have any experience after that if they made solid changes to the Necro class. I was able to solo equally level mobs in Kunark, Velious, and Vanilla with Darkness/Pet tank/Mend pet - especially when pet level 34/39 came around (Although memory makes me think 44 was a huge pet increase) and dots. However, I remember solo'ing various camps and it took so long that it was just better to grab a group and triple the experience gain - especially through hell levels. With that said, the best thing my necro was useful for before I switched main's to a Warrior was plat farming Ice Giants. Raids for me was where it was at, and during the era mentioned in those raids we were flat out mana batteries and corpse summoners, and that was it. My experience is based purely on that time era. During that time, all I did was med and funnel mana to clerics for chain rotation complete heals on our tank as we pounded on a mob for 25 minutes until it died. On the off chance we wiped? I had a shitload of coffins if needed.

We had severe crippling nerfs right after it was found out we were all charming the two guards next to the ghoul lord for Yaks. Charm one guard, the other two attack. Charm the second guard, ghoul lord attacks it. By the time the second guard died, the Lord was a life tap or two away from death. Rinse and repeat. THOSE were some fun times.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not referring to raids, I'm referring to the ability to solo content otherwise impossible.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Qwerty and other cucks, take note. Don't jump the gun and believe the hype. You are not doing Pantheon any favors.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm not referring to raids, I'm referring to the ability to solo content otherwise impossible.

Can you elaborate a bit on which Solo content? (Just curious) Depending on Era (Again Pre-POP) Druids, Bards, and Wizards all did it as well. And some much faster than a Necro ever could.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Haha!

The majority of us can discuss with Brad what he needs to do any day of the week. Christ, I would guess 25-30% of the forum here worked with the guy. Or, he can continue to listen to a handful of idiots shoveling bullshit up his ass. At this stage of the game he most definitely doesn't need the latter.

Also, no one here wants a game to fall on it's ass. We just won't be led around like clueless idiots circa 1999-2006. Pretty safe to say this place won't be. Come out with the game, I am sure people will try it. Aside from that however, people have had enough of the bullshit - that includes Crowfall.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That almost sounds like Laura wrote that :)

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Qwerty and other cucks, take note. Don't jump the gun and believe the hype. You are not doing Pantheon any favors.

@Amod someone post this video at the top of the forums and give treats to anyone who watches. This entire thing should be watched countless times by every single gamer on the face of the planet.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I should revive the EQNext Junkies twitter and endorse this site---Nothing says glowing endorsement like a twitter for a defunkt website.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I specifically remember 39 for my Ranger and finally getting that SoW.

I was so fucking happy that a friend started before me and warned off making a Ranger. Best deciiosn of my EQ playing time.

• 1Like