Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think this is more about particle effect items being extremely rare in EQ for a very, very long time. So you remembered when you saw one. Whereas WoW went full retard and you could get a beastslaying enchant or whatever for fire effect at like lvl 25.
Maybe on weapons, but actual magic particle effects were all over in EQ from day 1. I assumed that guy was talking about the magic spells, not just weapon/items.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maybe on weapons, but actual magic particle effects were all over in EQ from day 1. I assumed that guy was talking about the magic spells, not just weapon/items.

I meant weapons.

Everyone remembers their, "Oh shit!" moment when you saw some asshole with a SoulFire for the first time.

Also, even after all this time. EQ really nailed having epic, expansive questlines that took you all over the fucking place and into the unknown. That were really, really cool. Long before the actual Epic quests came into the game.

Stein of Moggok quest is one of those really cool things that requires some ingenuity if you're the right class(es) and just gets you out there in the game world.

Until WoW came along and fucked it into being go around and collect some bear asses.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
my girlfriend just started playing TAKP with me, i almost forgot that i wanted to run her through the Stein of Moggok quest once just so she could see the world.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Stein of Moggok quest was awesome. I also really enjoyed the Staff of the Wheel quest for wizards. I also remember finishing the cloak quest from the key that the Frenzied Ghoul dropped in Unrest. Looking back, a lot of the items from those quests weren't even that great, but finishing the quests was fucking fun.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I remember at one point having like 15 different friends on "some stage" of the Paw of Opala quest.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Don't forget camping Dylan for the Testament of Vanear.

I hope this game has camps again but just like all the other issues how do you update camping mobs for 2017.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
DAoC had best weapon particle effects.

Im bitter about EQ since Rogue epic had a particle effect, but it was soooooo small

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
As cool as the Fiery Avenger was for Paladins, nothing beat the warrior epic in terms of particle design. Red and blue swords that could be combined into a two hander was complete badass! I was level a lvl 17 warrior when I saw my first one. Jaw dropping at the time.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DAoC had best weapon particle effects.

Im bitter about EQ since Rogue epic had a particle effect, but it was soooooo small

It was just a little drop of poison.

Master race + Master class !!

959784-epic_warrior.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I mained a rogue in EQ and for my first alt I picked them solely on the amount of particles the epic had.

So I went mage.

At least the rogue epic was badass. 40% haste was unheard of at that era. Necro was absolutely the most useless of them all. It was a 9 second cast snare dot when every necro worth their shit used the level ~30 snare spell because it cast nice and fast for low mana and got the job done. (The dot dmg on even the highest level snares was pitiful and mana intensive compared to main dot lines)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
At least the rogue epic was badass. 40% haste was unheard of at that era. Necro was absolutely the most useless of them all. It was a 9 second cast snare dot when every necro worth their shit used the level ~30 snare spell because it cast nice and fast for low mana and got the job done. (The dot dmg on even the highest level snares was pitiful compared to main dot lines)
Ya Rogue epic was hard to replace. 2 items in Velious and 3 (?) In Luclin were better

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya Rogue epic was hard to replace. 2 items in Velious and 3 (?) In Luclin were better

Same with a lot of classes tho. Even as a War, you'd only swap out for a Blade of Carnage or a Sceptre of Destruction in Velious. Nothing else was worthwhile. Maybe you would use Jaelen's Katana if you were crazy lucky to get the Vulak drop, but even then it's terrible aggro and more of a dps weapon.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Same with a lot of classes tho. Even as a War, you'd only swap out for a Blade of Carnage or a Sceptre of Destruction in Velious. Nothing else was worthwhile. Maybe you would use Jaelen's Katana if you were crazy lucky to get the Vulak drop, but even then it's terrible aggro and more of a dps weapon.
Fair enough. Felt like we never bothered with Tunare much or Vulak, 2 rogue drops, whereas we had BoCs out the ass eventually

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fair enough. Felt like we never bothered with Tunare much or Vulak, 2 rogue drops, whereas we had BoCs out the ass eventually

I remember our Vulak farming ended abruptly when they put in that bullshit Ring Event to spawn him. It just took an eternity to get through. We did it maybe twice before retiring Vulak from the raid schedule. Even during the farm days, it was difficult to get what you wanted. Aside from competing for drops from a full in-era raid force, the mob has a massive table of like 25 items. It was pretty hard to get the drops you were after.