Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
This is the EQ thread, though this one is more like a retirement home for EQ players. Where half of the residents jabber on about "Back in my day" and "Kids these days" and the orderlys wander in from time to time to make sure no one's shit the bed or smirk at poor demented Grandpa sat in a corner clutching at his McQuaid picture.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well I mean if you have something to contribute that relates to Pantheon, go right ahead.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, if people talked about Pantheon then we'd get a post every 6 months. Without Convo, Sevens, or Qwertard posting shit, this thread wouldn't ever move. And...they don't really post that often either.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Rangers have been meleeing for damage since GoD. Swiftwind had use during luclin / PoP as an attack stick. Most ranger bowing was for headshot / volley killing later :3 Though this has been severely nerfed since DBG took control.

Still a fun looking lightning swords but they definitely saw far less use than something like a cleric epic. and dcos was useful until the cheap alacrity potions (GoD) where it just wasn't needed to keep clicking the bastard, though still an option.

Headshot, SK swarming, Decapitate, Bard Swarming and others were all neutered back in 2014, well before Daybreak bought SoEs shit. About the same time they started auto-granting AAs.

Ranger had a spell which would send a ton of arrows, the hail of arrows line, so this allowed multiple head shots in one sitting, just gather them up, vineleash cascade, hail of arrows, then just rinse and repeat for mad AA lesson burns or PL noobs for cash. But that got nerfed even before the great gutting of skills in 2014. It only procced off of one arrow per cast after the initial nerfage.

I remember that time well, because I was playing EQ back them. I was pretty much 24/7 camped in PoF C2 with my 82 ranger and doing just that for AAs. I remember quitting in disgust when the head shot nerf was announced. I would literally pull 1/2 to 3/4 of that whole fucking camp and headshot all of them in less than 5 min. Didn't even need heals as I never got hit after I got good at it.

I saw some SKs in that camp too, they would do even better than I would with their riposte, lifedrain/mortal coil shit they were pulling off. I think it had something to do with their epic clickey too. I think their epic would add like 30-40% more healing per lifedrain proc. It was funny as hell seeing one dude pull like 100 mobs and then beat them all down using riposte. Monks were also doing it before they got nerfed too. I saw dudes pull entire zones, it lagged so fucking bad it was crazy. But this dude used to PL people on our servers when his lesson was up. He would randomly broadcast in general that he had spots open, do it for 30 min every night. I got into his group one day.But I dont know how monks did it, not familiar with that class. I guess some avoidance AA or some shit?

Also, angers pretty much always melee for damage. I think there was a short time after luclin or pop?? when rangers used bows once the trueshot discipline was introduced along with fully maxxed out AAs in archery, the double damage on a non rooted mob, plus the quiver thing along with some others. But this was only for short bursts, as trueshot was a discipline on a timer.

It would of been cool if EQ took rangers down the path of being true archers, but they always ended up being melee, always lookng out not to hit that aggro and be whacked and dead.

Thinking back all that shit was silly as hell. It lagged the game hardcore with so many people doing this shit all over the place. But at the time it was like the only viable way to gain AAs in a timely fashion. There were literally like 10-20K AAs to grind out at that time. I remember doing like 100-200 per hour using headshot plus a lesson burn or exp pots.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Headshot, SK swarming, Decapitate, Bard Swarming and others were all neutered back in 2014, well before Daybreak bought SoEs shit. About the same time they started auto-granting AAs.

Ranger had a spell which would send a ton of arrows, the hail of arrows line, so this allowed multiple head shots in one sitting, just gather them up, vineleash cascade, hail of arrows, then just rinse and repeat for mad AA lesson burns or PL noobs for cash. But that got nerfed even before the great gutting of skills in 2014. It only procced off of one arrow per cast after the initial nerfage.

I remember that time well, because I was playing EQ back them. I was pretty much 24/7 camped in PoF C2 with my 82 ranger and doing just that for AAs. I remember quitting in disgust when the head shot nerf was announced. I would literally pull 1/2 to 3/4 of that whole fucking camp and headshot all of them in less than 5 min. Didn't even need heals as I never got hit after I got good at it.

I saw some SKs in that camp too, they would do even better than I would with their riposte, lifedrain/mortal coil shit they were pulling off. I think it had something to do with their epic clickey too. I think their epic would add like 30-40% more healing per lifedrain proc. It was funny as hell seeing one dude pull like 100 mobs and then beat them all down using riposte. Monks were also doing it before they got nerfed too. I saw dudes pull entire zones, it lagged so fucking bad it was crazy. But this dude used to PL people on our servers when his lesson was up. He would randomly broadcast in general that he had spots open, do it for 30 min every night. I got into his group one day.But I dont know how monks did it, not familiar with that class. I guess some avoidance AA or some shit?

Also, angers pretty much always melee for damage. I think there was a short time after luclin or pop?? when rangers used bows once the trueshot discipline was introduced along with fully maxxed out AAs in archery, the double damage on a non rooted mob, plus the quiver thing along with some others. But this was only for short bursts, as trueshot was a discipline on a timer.

It would of been cool if EQ took rangers down the path of being true archers, but they always ended up being melee, always lookng out not to hit that aggro and be whacked and dead.

Thinking back all that shit was silly as hell. It lagged the game hardcore with so many people doing this shit all over the place. But at the time it was like the only viable way to gain AAs in a timely fashion. There were literally like 10-20K AAs to grind out at that time. I remember doing like 100-200 per hour using headshot plus a lesson burn or exp pots.

Except PoFear for some reason, you could ae entire zones on p99 with minimal lag. Phinigel is exceptionally bad -- if someone is swarming pofire field 2 / castle 2 you will absolutely notice it. Low hp aggro is the only real definite way to hold a swarm anymore -- and that was nerfed on p99 a while back as well.

So what do people in modern EQ do to 'catch up' on AA? is that what the auto grant is about?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
So what do people in modern EQ do to 'catch up' on AA? is that what the auto grant is about?
Pretty much, some years back, before autogrant, they added a bonus to AA exp to help people catch up, the current iteration is 1,000% at level 1 and degrades linearly until you hit 4,000 AA. When they added autogrant, it initally made catching up really easy because you could take advantage of the AA bonus to grind out important AA lines well above the autogrant level and then use the autogrant for the less important AA - it worked out really now. Now autogrant grants about 7kish (depends on class - you could still try to use up the bonus first but i don't think it would make that much of a difference now) and exp is really easy to come by these days on live.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^ Thats right, I forgot about the bonus. Yeah it was a bonus before the auto grant of today. BTW you can turn auto grant off or on if you like to do it the old school way, but im not sure why you ever would.

Yeah, on live my 93ish box crew have pretty much auto-granted about 8000-9000 AA (depending on class), every level it seems like I get about 300-500 consistently from lv51,( lv 50s being about 75-100AA per level) up to my current level of 93. Not sure when this stops, but im betting auto grant basically grants you every AA except the current expansion or two or maybe the last 5-10 levels. The only ones it does not grant are the tradeskill ones and some dealing with pets and some other random ones where they leave the choice up to you if you want it or not. The rest of them are all filled in upon dinging every level up to its max for that level.

Right now I just rolled a fresh crew of 3 on firona vie, (I always wanted some toons on there) And they hit lv 51 just last night and all of them got 75 AAs granted.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I remember when Luclin launched and the AA system went live, I was happy to get one AA point in a four hour grind fest in Fungus Grove on my warrior. Not sure why we used to camp that zone aside from the fact there were plenty of shrooms to pull but it was pretty shitty.

Fun hearing about people getting hundreds of AAs in a 30 minute session nowadays.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember when Luclin launched and the AA system went live, I was happy to get one AA point in a four hour grind fest in Fungus Grove on my warrior. Not sure why we used to camp that zone aside from the fact there were plenty of shrooms to pull but it was pretty shitty.

Fun hearing about people getting hundreds of AAs in a 30 minute session nowadays.

Well when you have over 15K-20K, depending on class from lv 51-105, thats a shit ton of AAs to grind out, lol. Thank god for auto granting. There is no way to catch up if your halting regular level progression every 5 levels or 10 to grind out a few thousand AAs just to stay ahead of the content.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh I get it. And I'm not that far removed from Live as I was still actively playing during the House of Thule expansion. I think my necro had around 6K AA points at the time I quit but I had several alts/bots that were well behind that. AAs came much faster for them.

And yes, auto granting was necessary to allow people any chance at all to catch up.

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
I sat through it's unveiling and a few panels on it during Blizzcon 1 and was excited for it to come out.

I played it at E3 on GameCube lol, then again in a multiplayer demo on Xbox like a year after. I feel like I liked it but who the fuck knows, maybe I was lying to myself.

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm amazed how many of you continued playing into the twilight years. Pretty sure I quit EQ once WoW dropped and never looked back. Or some time after, I don't remember. I killed Quarm, that's about the last I remember. I must have revisited during GoD/OoW because I remember those mobs hitting like fucking trucks for no good reason.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
WoW beta and Gates of Discord released around the same time so you may have tried GoD, like many of us, and said fuck this and moved on.

Last edited:
  • 1Like