Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Convo made a bet and lost, he then proceeded to lose his shit because he's easily manipulated and was delusional enough to believe the horse shit he spewed.

Ridiculed and spurned he packed up his delusional talent and moved to Pantheon.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide is great at running guilds tho. if he's still into it, you were getting burnt out iirc Zaide?

After a yearish of poopsocking it on the last TLP I was definitely bored, but I'm looking forward to running things on Pantheon.

If there's good raiding in a game we always app to whoever is collecting the best raiders, its a small community so its always pretty obvious. Also outside of EQ a lot of people stand in fire man and at 30 years old I don't have patience for mouthbreathers heating up their weapons in fire to do more dps =p

You already know the drill w/ this kind of launch. We're looking for people with ultra high playtime on launch (if not always). The goal is people who are like unemployed, retired, work from home or are willing to burn some vacation time for an MMO launch. Exact specifics will flesh out as we get more details about the game but I expect to have 10-15 static groups premade with predefined leveling paths at launch. If the raid content is uninstanced and PvE involves competition then we'll just run it exactly like a TLP guild and batphone, etc. I figure most of our members will be TLP dudes rather than random apps.

I look forward to facing off against hardcore guilds from other MMO's with members who aren't used to waking up at 3am for a dragon spawn or people who have never stood at a raid boss spawn point for 12 hours socking before. It's going to be a real treat to read the forums.

Also another promising idea, with all the servers MMO's have at launch we probably won't have to deal with Dima. R.I.P petitionquest.

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are going to be on Zaide's server, you better be in his guild if you want to see any end game content. If you think you can compete with him or his crew... lol, you can't. I don't care how unemployed you are, how large your poopsock is, or how hard you yell at your mom from the basement for more meatloaf... you will lose. He runs a tight ship, as professional as it gets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Madikus

Knows nothing.
After a yearish of poopsocking it on the last TLP I was definitely bored, but I'm looking forward to running things on Pantheon.

You already know the drill w/ this kind of launch. We're looking for people with ultra high playtime on launch (if not always). The goal is people who are like unemployed, retired, work from home or are willing to burn some vacation time for an MMO launch. Exact specifics will flesh out as we get more details about the game but I expect to have 10-15 static groups premade with predefined leveling paths at launch. If the raid content is uninstanced and PvE involves competition then we'll just run it exactly like a TLP guild and batphone, etc. I figure most of our members will be TLP dudes rather than random apps.

I look forward to facing off against hardcore guilds from other MMO's with members who aren't used to waking up at 3am for a dragon spawn or people who have never stood at a raid boss spawn point for 12 hours socking before. It's going to be a real treat to read the forums.

Also another promising idea, with all the servers MMO's have at launch we probably won't have to deal with Dima. R.I.P petitionquest.

I feel confident you're still going to have the Dima and Detoxx types to deal with - these idiots thrive on that shit and will actively seek out a community to contaminate with their toxicity.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know detoxx but dima is a clown and wouldnt even be of any concern. Your talking about a career 2nd place loser from 1k population servers. If this game ever got to the point it had raiding and it was 1/2 way decent you'll have real guilds and real raiders not TLP EQ raiders.

• 2Solidarity

Zaide

TLP Idealist
As long as I don't have to sit through another DBG mandated 6 hour rotation agreement that has to be recorded and fucking transcribed I will be golden.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So.. is that saying that the raid bosses in Pantheon are going to require poop socking?

I've seen Kilsin frequently advocating a system where raid mobs are open world and respawn in 30-60 minutes but when you kill them you get locked out for X number of days. It's kind of like turning raid mobs into an open world welfare office imo.

I think there should be some version of instanced or "freebie" raid content to provide some raiding opportunity for really casual players. Maybe a couple encounters per expansion like that. However the premier raid content should be specifically competitive and should imo be pretty hands off when it comes to GM involvement. No rotations, no first in force etc. It should be straight race/dps race.

Phinigel has shown us that if instanced versions of raid mobs exist even with 7x the respawn /lockout timer it is enough to completely kill open world competitive play as almost no guild will contest a "top" guild if they can get the same content just at a glacially slower pace.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've been poopsocking this thread for a while now. The game damn well better require it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That sounds like Vanguards lockout system which allowed everyone to just raid open world versus instancing.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That sounds like Vanguards lockout system which allowed everyone to just raid open world versus instancing.

Yeah I guess Kilsin was on the VG team. I mean from a casual perspective it's cool but it completely destroys any competitive aspect to PvE raiding, it also devalues the economy since there is so much raid loot floating around, unless loot is all no drop which then wtf do you buy anyway? Either way I hope they keep the premier raid content competitive.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
30 to 60 minute respawns would absolutely suck ass. Why is it so hard to have a 3 to 5 day spawn, and just make the timer completely random?

• 2Like

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't think we'll see mob instancing (aka lockouts) in Pantheon unless it's a last resort. Afaic, if you're creating instances of mobs, it's still instanced, even if the world is opened. It sucks for all the same reasons as normal instancing.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
This is actually one subject I semi agree with Qwerty on. Hard core EQ style raiders don't pay the bills and casuals these days aren't going to sit around in a game where half of it is denied to them because they're not willing to add their phone number to a list for 3am calls from random internet people.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Lol at the "us or them" mentality. This is why games (and their communities) fall flat on their faces.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Open world raiding is dead and gone I wouldn’t even give it a second thought about coming to Pantheon. Even EQ the last bastion of open world raiding now is instanced on their special snowflake servers. It is better for the overall community to have more people engaged, happy, and wanting to play more by giving everyone access to all content.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't mind seeing a few outdoor bosses a la Azuregos and Kazzack though. Given, they both had a few pieces iirc that were really good (shadow damage for warlocks off kazz, and cloak off azure) but if you weren't the top guild killing them you weren't missing out too bad. But you're probably all right, people are too carebear these days to not complain that they don't have access to 100% of the content.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I like competitive raiding myself. I really like what Kunark started (and other expansions added) did by adding dragons wandering around the open world. You think about Gorenaire, Woushi, and Western Wastes in general and what that added to the game was pretty cool. I think it adds to the immersion and the overall game. I hate instancing with a passion though I'm willing to admit it is necessary in some cases logistically. Though it's hard to feel you are in a world like Norrath if dragons and even players are all taken out of the world and in these instances. I should be able to interact with anyone and anything. Those people and their choices should have a direct impact on the world i'm in. If someone clears NToV then it should be clear until it repopulates. It may not seem fair but if I want my group of friends to have access to everything the game has to offer regardless of what others do, then I need to play Diablo or go buy a console. I'm not very hardcore, my play time is limited but I understand I simply get back what I put in. That's just life. If I want to partake in raids and the high end portion of the game, then I have to make time or sacrifice a little. That's the only way you feel like it's worth it and it's only fair to those who really put in the time and effort. I'm not saying you make these elements of the game extreme but there has to be a middle ground between EQ 1999-ish and modern MMO's.

• 1Like