Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The one good thing out of all of this, is that Brad is the ONLY relic to my knowledge that literally got his shit kicked in and was forced to take accountability when Vanguard and Sigil went under.

Dude didn't even show up to fire everyone and then got a cushy job given to him by Smed. Bullshit he had to take accountability. He rode off into the sunset with a nice fat check that SoE cut him for the Vanguard trainwreck and then did jack shit while he was back at SoE before even Smed kicked him to the curb during one of their layoffs.

Because none of those idiots ever took accountability and hopped on to their next scam of games and brought that same mentality to their development teams that made every other project they worked on fail miserably.

And then he came up with a half assed Kickstarter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
^^ Well, I am talking more about industry embarrassment when it comes to accountability. And lack of any trust what so ever so the only way he was going to make a game again was on his own. Unlike Sage who jumped ship to be with Pitchford (That shouldn't surprise anyone) and the others who went to save their ass by lumping into the next foray - while thinking they had successes on their teams and shipped titles.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
imo, that's more due to him being a blithering idiot than any major damage to his reputation in the industry. I'm sure if he had marketed himself to companies, even after the Sigil disaster, someone would have gobbled him up. They seem to recycle everyone else. He's just more interested in helming the ship so he can chase that EQ dragon rather than hand over creative control to someone else. And that's what got us Sigil.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Was that Convo in that podcast? I guess it had to have been with him saying "the F-16's are circling." Convo, you old salty dog, get your ass back here and give us some beta invites!

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Was that Convo in that podcast? I guess it had to have been with him saying "the F-16's are circling." Convo, you old salty dog, get your ass back here and give us some beta invites!

It wasn't even the constant slating he took over Pantheon that drove him away but some dumb drama over an NFL bet, wasn't it?

• 1Like

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I would bet it probably had more to do with him taking a job at Visionary Realms and Brad telling him to stop feeding the haters. If you look at his profile he's still popping in, he liked a post last Saturday. He certainly dropped a drama bomb right before he quit. He probably wanted to go out with style.

I just hope the saying "Never meet your heroes" proves true once again and Convo eventually makes a glorious return with more behind the scenes Fuzzy Troll shit.

• 1Like

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
I would bet it probably had more to do with him taking a job at Visionary Realms and Brad telling him to stop feeding the haters. If you look at his profile he's still popping in, he liked a post last Saturday. He certainly dropped a drama bomb right before he quit. He probably wanted to go out with style.

I just hope the saying "Never meet your heroes" proves true once again and Convo eventually makes a glorious return with more behind the scenes Fuzzy Troll shit.

That I would enjoy. @Convo do they still have that concept 'art'?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
IIRC Convo lost an NFL bet, mods didn't enforce it, he wanted them to, so I suggested that he could just not post rather than relying on the mods to honor the bet.

I wonder if me telling him to step away from the forum was the catalyst that led to him ending up at VR haha.

Edit -- according to his post history it looks like he kept posting to a lesser degree for a couple weeks after he left Gravy's Sports Stadium. I'm still going to take some credit tho. ¶=

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I went full retard and got a VIP pledge. Hit me up if you want to do some raiding with forum bro's if this game ever launches.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd buy the alpha/beta whatever pledge if when info and stuff starts coming out the game actually looks good. Just don't have any hopes or expectations at this point.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went full retard and got a VIP pledge. Hit me up if you want to do some raiding with forum bro's if this game ever launches.

If there's good raiding in a game we always app to whoever is collecting the best raiders, its a small community so its always pretty obvious. Also outside of EQ a lot of people stand in fire man and at 30 years old I don't have patience for mouthbreathers heating up their weapons in fire to do more dps =p

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If there's good raiding in a game we always app to whoever is collecting the best raiders, its a small community so its always pretty obvious. Also outside of EQ a lot of people stand in fire man and at 30 years old I don't have patience for mouthbreathers heating up their weapons in fire to do more dps =p

That scout fight in the first Rift Raid with the bombs everywhere? Not sure there's ever been a more apparent mouthbreather fight in all of MMOs.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Exactly, its much easier to just look for the Serenity type of guild or someone who'll be raiding at the high end and us just app. Go hard for just enough time to down the content and back to casual mode or other games.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Zaide is great at running guilds tho. if he's still into it, you were getting burnt out iirc Zaide?

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
I thought that too, maybe he's been doing other programming things while waiting for his big break back into the gaming industry.

There was a LinkedIn profile for a statistical programmer Robert Crane but making an account to view it is beyond how many fucks I give. To be honest, I think I've already crossed that line.

• 1Like