Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course it's a marketing tool. Although not every game is data mined to the level WoW is though. The point is I don't think you can have the element of unknown in today's gaming world we had back then. In EQ even with Alakazam and some maps you still had levels of shit to explore on your own.

This is very true. The mmo landscape has changed in many ways that make it nearly impossible to totally recreate the EQ experience of the unknown. Also the players are better and much more technically savvy. RMT is everywhere. Etc. So a reskinned EQ really isn't viable. But there are other elements of EQ that can be brought back. Elements that other mmos gave up on to chase after the casuals. I much prefer EQ's mob aggro model, non-tethered mobs and non-instanced dungeon crawls for example.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
Why is everyone so hung up on the grand mystical unknown, lol. It's a failed high to chase that I can only hope game devs don't get tripped up on. I don't think we have to establish that people are going to put every single mystery, exploit, etc. online.

It can't exist in today's world in the context of people's willingness to read and digest every piece of content they get, I guess? It's not 1999 so yeah, no game is sacred unless it's a total disaster nobody cares enough to dig into. That shouldn't dictate game design. Breath of the Wild checked a lot of boxes for me in terms of mystery, exploration and discovering random shit littered throughout the world. I could have spoiled it all, but whatever, we're on 2017.

Half decent world design can happen; mystery can still be built into a world. And you directly referenced maps, etc. I guess there was still some obscurity due to the era but Norrath's biggest mysteries were, by and large, readily available very early on in its life.

I seriously fucking hate modern MMOs. What's the last decent one released? FFXIV? (which was a wreck at launch). That one blows, too. I'm not sure how it gets a pass when it's the same shit we've seen since WoW.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
20130924234837a0dl74faikl4u7bb.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
This discussion does come up every few months. I don't think it's the combat or AI or anything specific. I believe it's just the ability to fuck up and lose something. There is a bit of fear and discovery that makes the game exciting. There was a level of risk/reward that doesn't exists in today's games. Also in a game like WoW everything is spoiled and date mined months before it was ever released. So falling down holes in various zones in EQ wouldn't happen today because Streamy McFuckface has beta access showing you in real time every fucking bump in the ground, as well as every spell and ability every mob might throw at you.

Am I the only one who doesn't watch streamers? when Pantheon gets released I'm pretty sure I won't be having time to watch others play the game. I also don't mind if Pantheon was datamined from day one with all bits of information can be found on some website, we had that with castersrealm and allakham and we only went there when we wanted to, why is this bad? But the majority of the experience was new when we first tackled it. I'm pretty sure when Pantheon gets released I'll have fun discovering dungeons and learning about the game and maybe at some point later on I might just go back to a website to read about some X mob spawn time or X named loot table or how to fight X boss...etc and that doesn't bother me at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Am I the only one who doesn't watch streamers?

Ok grampa

south-park-s18e09c08-okay-grandpa_16x9.jpg

when Pantheon gets released I'm pretty sure I won't be having time to watch others play the game.

Just keep waiting, and I'm sure if you believe enough it will happen.

giphy.gif
1byglv.jpg

I also don't mind if Pantheon was datamined from day one with all bits of information can be found on some website, we had that with castersrealm and allakham and we only went there when we wanted to, why is this bad? But the majority of the experience was new when we first tackled it. I'm pretty sure when Pantheon gets released I'll have fun discovering dungeons and learning about the game and maybe at some point later on I might just go back to a website to read about some X mob spawn time or X named loot table or how to fight X boss...etc and that doesn't bother me at all.

Well the truth is for Pantheon it might be spoiler free because only like 8 fucking people will play it.

• 3Salty
  • 3Picard
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok grampa

giphy.gif
1byglv.jpg

Well the truth is for Pantheon it might be spoiler free because only like 8 fucking people will play it.

Why are you so sad though?
Pantheon is designed to be a niche game, so yes few people are going to play it.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Why are you so sad though?
Pantheon is designed to be a niche game, so yes few people are going to play it.

Qwertqwert thinks I too super cereal or maybe it was Grim or whoever I don't give much thought to it.

18f473b36d54df37f40d0fece9a2e6f1.jpg

You think I am sad.

e9e86e94b49ac5f4c51a5b7a752d241191ad127dbd57dfdae1c91a433e287f51.jpg

The truth is I pop in from time to time laugh at the people begging for the pantheon meatsickle to be shoved up their stupid twats like some depraved neglected EQ cleric housewife who's husband wouldn't touch her fat disgusting cooch after a case of beer. The game is never gonna come out. Sorry to break it to ya, this thing is a big shiny turd.

You are wrong booze, this game is awesome and I'll show you then!!!

Really? Do you think if Pantheon releases and is awesome that somehow I will be proven wrong and all will be ok? The truth is if it comes out and is awesome I will buy it and play it and still shit on Brad for being a fraud, and still hurt your feelings by complaining about class balance or some other shit. Meanwhile I have been racking up the high score on the Pantheon forum game and you shit waffles are still at the character select screen. Get with the program.

giphy.gif

• 3Salty
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok grampa

giphy.gif
1byglv.jpg

You made one good post and then decided to go back to full retard, Qwerty style.
Perhaps a stay in the rickshaw would be good for you. You certainly have the lack of brain cells to justify it.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe Im just use to Booze, but how does anything he say even rustle anyones jimmies? So what if he disagrees with you. Why does it matter so much that you need to change his mind?

Everquest mystery, to me, wasnt about mobs and what shit they dropped. It was about that pot in the corner that may or may not take you across the world. That inactive druid ring that may just be an unknown spell, unimplemented spell, or just there for fucking looks. Same with that wizard spire. What about that painting that changes? Is it just changing to be cool? Or is it linked to something?

Whats a double edge blade about EverQuest, is that mystery like that.. may or may not be by design. This fucking "Piece of A Belt" quest item is clearly labeled and documented everywhere. But no one knows what its for or where to turn it in. Is that because the quest is broken? Or is it truly because no one has found the correct npc, or the correct parts to hand in to the NPC at the same time. I dont know if I want that kind of mystery back, to be honest. Its cool to be curious and imagine about what could be - but I dont want to go back to quests that are just simply broken or half ass implemented.

We dont really have fuck all knowledge about Pantheon right now, so going in circles is better than nothing.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
when Pantheon gets released I'm pretty sure I won't be having time to watch others play the game.

You'll have plenty of time as you're waiting 20 minutes between pulls for your mana to regen.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe Im just use to Booze, but how does anything he say even rustle anyones jimmies? So what if he disagrees with you. Why does it matter so much that you need to change his mind?

Same could have been said about qwerty.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You'll have plenty of time as you're waiting 20 minutes between pulls for your mana to regen.
This is when you will talk about your life and flirt and come out as transgender though. It's important for the community to have that time.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Same could have been said about qwerty.

Booze gets on my nerves once in awhile, but he brings enough lulz the rest of the time that I don't care too much about when he doesn't. Qwerty was about as funny as a Sean Spicer standup routine. Huge difference between the two, and if I was Booze I would be offended that you compared me to queerty.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Booze gets on my nerves once in awhile, but he brings enough lulz the rest of the time that I don't care too much about when he doesn't. Qwerty was about as funny as a Sean Spicer standup routine. Huge difference between the two, and if I was Booze I would be offended that you compared me to queerty.

Booze and Qwerty are both the same but from different viewpoints. They are unintelligent morons who say the same stupid irrational crap over and over with an occasional lucid sentence. Except booze adds monstrous pics that fill up the space and makes the thread unreadable. Qwerty was easy to ignore and scroll past.

When all you see are booze and qwerty shitposts over and over and over again, then what's the point of the thread? Or any thread that Booze or Qwerty shit up? When they are posting there isn't even any point to reading the mmo section, which is why I rarely come to this area anymore.

• 1Salty

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
When I played EQ (early on before it sucked), the mystery was cool, but 99% of what you achieved had already been done. It wasn't about epic strategies; it was about putting in the time, getting the necessary levels, items and players together in order to progress.

It was the process of progression and gameplay that was compelling.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Actually the people who get all ass hurt are pretty funny, If you take the time to look through my posts I don't really shit on anyone or call anyone out. I pretty much just exaggerate how bad Pantheon will be and point out that over 3 plus years of nothing there is still fucking nothing. This upsets some people so they go back and salty my last 30 or so post. Oh boy you sure did something there. Or they try and start some sort of internet fight, in the end I find it pretty hilarious. Anyone keep the hate coming I found a bunch of these sarcastic asian crying gifs and I need reasons to post them.

9940167eac91fc326c892bebee739561.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users