Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I've begun asking when they will do a /duel on stream but apparently my Champion status ain't cuttin the mustard.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dunno if they've changed it, but pvp used to be activated in streams. Sometimes you might see them hit or root each other, so they could pvp at any time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Cohh has a lot in common with Brad. He also made a Kickstarter game (He billed himself as the Lead Designer), promoted it to his fans and then made off with the money.

Birds of a feather and all that.

Not a huge Cohh Fan (I actually don't watch any streamers) but for what it's worth Cohh took a bath on that game himself

He didn't actually do much for that game. he had another team working on it and they did the typical Kickstarter mismanagement shit. The Kickstarter just got squandered on typical Kickstarter company shit.

I remember him in Discord after he did that video and he seemed pretty down in the dumps for a week or so after.

One thing Cohh and Brad have in common is a huge base of rabid fans that I lovingly call "Dick Suckers" who love to give them money. You can't blame either of them of taking what is so willingly given.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Not that it means a ginormous amount to me personally but their artpass since the last stream is so much better, good lord.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dare I say, the visuals have gone from embarrassing, to meh, to good?

Even if they don't get any better from here, what they just showed today is plenty good for me.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Visuals are definitely a vast improvement. I'm also impressed at how well it seemed to run. Hopefully it still remains stable when the servers are being pounded.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Couldn't care less if it shipped in the graphical condition of last update. My only concern was animations. Now we need the content necessary for moving to alpha, beta and launch. Everything else is fine, and honestly has been fine for a while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You ready to become one of the fallen?
eQ8lE6p.gif
Is this actually happening?

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Visuals are definitely a vast improvement. I'm also impressed at how well it seemed to run. Hopefully it still remains stable when the servers are being pounded.

Ya. Looks completely different. Now work on the animations.

• 1Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather
They're clearly a lot better than they were before, but that's just movement animations so still a whole lot of work to do. I agree though, animations make or break combat focused games for me. It's why I couldn't play early PoE compared to Diablo (admittedly it's a billion times better now).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So what the fuck exactly does "Pre-Alpha 1" mean? I swear Brad and Pals love to hype fucking nothing. Better start up the marketing mobile and buy some more bustop ads ASAP.

• 1Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather
Pre-Alpha to me always just mean't like.. still prototyping lmao. They should probably be calling it Alpha by now.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean, if I was in his shoes.. I guess I would still want to let people know Im making progress on this game. Im not sure I would make releases about different parts of Alpha that only a very select group of people have access to, though. The lighting looked great, and admittedly, it did make a big difference. Animations, like Xzi said, are make or break for a lot of people. The game just feels poorly made and reflects a cheap experience to the player if they arent smooth. I would love for their animations to be on par with what Blizzard releases, but we all have reasons to be skeptical of the ability for brads team to pull this off.

I read the first half of that article this morning when I was waiting for someone. It just kind of repeats itself over and over through several paragraphs.. But, I wish Brad would be more specific about how the game has "more depth" than what other MMO's are currently doing. I dont exactly call farming a static mob over and over an in depth and compelling experience. But I do that in WoW once a week, so I can only complain about that but so much. Or does he mean the crafting? Are items that we need for crafting off boss mobs? Is that it? Cause thats pretty basic as well. Or the interactive quest events that pop up that every other mmo has now? Are we suppose to think that having to not only be near a quest npc to know they have a quest, but also read in between the lines on their quest dialogue to find out what exactly they want.. is that suppose to be better than the simple concept of a quest hub?

I mean, some of the stuff hes just bragged about seems like hes just taking basic concepts and just made them more annoying. If thats what hes calling depth, then.. c'mon man...

Id just like to know if hes going to let the community have addons. So if I find something to be extra ridiculous, I can find a mod that makes it less annoying. Im still on the "Im going to try it" train, but he has got to stop being so gd vague about shit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean, if I was in his shoes.. I guess I would still want to let people know Im making progress on this game. Im not sure I would make releases about different parts of Alpha that only a very select group of people have access to, though. The lighting looked great, and admittedly, it did make a big difference. Animations, like Xzi said, are make or break for a lot of people. The game just feels poorly made and reflects a cheap experience to the player if they arent smooth. I would love for their animations to be on par with what Blizzard releases, but we all have reasons to be skeptical of the ability for brads team to pull this off.

I read the first half of that article this morning when I was waiting for someone. It just kind of repeats itself over and over through several paragraphs.. But, I wish Brad would be more specific about how the game has "more depth" than what other MMO's are currently doing. I dont exactly call farming a static mob over and over an in depth and compelling experience. But I do that in WoW once a week, so I can only complain about that but so much. Or does he mean the crafting? Are items that we need for crafting off boss mobs? Is that it? Cause thats pretty basic as well. Or the interactive quest events that pop up that every other mmo has now? Are we suppose to think that having to not only be near a quest npc to know they have a quest, but also read in between the lines on their quest dialogue to find out what exactly they want.. is that suppose to be better than the simple concept of a quest hub?

I mean, some of the stuff hes just bragged about seems like hes just taking basic concepts and just made them more annoying. If thats what hes calling depth, then.. c'mon man...

Id just like to know if hes going to let the community have addons. So if I find something to be extra ridiculous, I can find a mod that makes it less annoying. Im still on the "Im going to try it" train, but he has got to stop being so gd vague about shit.

It's been this way from day one with Brad though. It's always vague and inconsequential, we're gonna make an old school MMO, we don't throw the baby out with the bath water, we're bringing back MMO's to it's roots, people are gonna need to group... WOW Holy shit there are a bunch of words that mean jack and shit. It's how scam artist work. He might even have a decent idea in mind but he can't articulate it for shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Pre-Alpha to me always just mean't like.. still prototyping lmao. They should probably be calling it Alpha by now.

Pre-Alpha is a framework, but not feature complete. Your most basic systems in place. Combat, NPC and PC interaction, basic inventory. Models, animations, crafting, itemization should be sketched out, but not really anything in a shipable state. Basic player classes should be at least playable. The complete details aren't important yet.

Alpha should be where most of the core mechanics are in place. Things like Player Classes, Combat, Inventory, Quest Systems, NPC Pathing, NPC AI, etc SHOULD be in designed, and ideally in place. All of your features should be designed, and roughly implemented at this point. Feature creep beyond this stage is what horribly delays projects.

Beta SHOULD be when the game is feature AND content complete, and you're now looking for bugs, and squashing them. Gameplay tuning also happens here for player/npc balance. When you hit beta, there should be no more systems or features to be added. If you're still putting in key game features at this point, your planning and implementation roadmap sucks.

Beta has evolved today into nothing but marketing bullshit, and a way to get pre-orders.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users