Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do people not remember or did no one play Vanguard? Waiting years for a promise of a game, then waiting another 2 years for broken / bugged raid content that didn't even work for weeks when it was actually released. Reporting game breaking exploits to Sillius, Avarem, and co for months that they ignored or didn't give a fuck about. Now I'm seeing the same fucking moron devs who fucked up Vanguard on this and that doesn't instill confidence or hope.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't Brad himself lead the VG Team? and Silius was on all kinds of stuff on the VG team and eventually the lead developer as 2 primary examples. There was ones like Ikik, Avair, Talisker who maybe on the Pantheon team who were awesome to interact and test with but I am not sure I am not "one of the fallen" or have I checked up on there website.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I loved Vanguard regardless of it's issues and I look forward to this new game.

I feel like you guys are beating a dead horse with the Brad situation, especially when he's the only fucker in the gaming community trying to make an old school MMO experience. I would think you guys would be a tiny bit excited, even the ultra-jaded dodeca fags on these forums.

Hell I'm excited even though I'm skeptical. I look forward to rolling one of these gnomes and blowing people up while insulting my fellow FoH brethren and griefing assholes near our camp.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Didn't Brad himself lead the VG Team? and Silius was on all kinds of stuff on the VG team and eventually the lead developer as 2 primary examples. There was ones like Ikik, Avair, Talisker who maybe on the Pantheon team who were awesome to interact and test with but I am not sure I am not "one of the fallen" or have I checked up on there website.
Other than the obvious which is Brad (and that has been beaten to death(, i don't think any other devs from VG's development or launch are currently on the team. SIlius and co. are long gone and most of the work the original Pantheon team did has been scrapped if i am not mistaken. Corey Lefever, i think is the only other ex-SOE person currently on the team and he was a GM (DCUO i think) when VG launched.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loved Vanguard regardless of it's issues and I look forward to this new game.

I feel like you guys are beating a dead horse with the Brad situation, especially when he's the only fucker in the gaming community trying to make an old school MMO experience. I would think you guys would be a tiny bit excited, even the ultra-jaded dodeca fags on these forums.

Hell I'm excited even though I'm skeptical. I look forward to rolling one of these gnomes and blowing people up while insulting my fellow FoH brethren and griefing assholes near our camp.

I played VG and enjoyed most of the game until it was sunset for years. That doesn't take away the fact we waited years for raid content and throughout its entire life cycle it was riddled with bugs and game breaking exploits the developers did nothing to fix. If anything it showed how hungry we were to play something in such a shit state for so long.

Reht Reht Silius if hes gone is very positive for Pantheon, that dude was horrible in every aspect to interact with or get anything done with in Vanguard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, Vanguard's biggest problem was it's engine. Wasn't it a custom unreal engine 2 or something? Engines nowadays are a lot more forgiving and friendly to work with. Unity is very friendly, but I've had a variety of good and bad experiences with it performance wise. Hopefully they know that they need this game to run as good as they can get it, visuals be damned.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
At what point do you believe it is no longer a con? I will say ANY sort of beta and we can make a reasonable assumption a game will launch. I will personally be taking a chance at the game when alpha (the 250 buck version) launches.

Hey, I think it's a game. I'm supporting @Convo and all the hard workers trying to make something great. I even support Brad's effort and I understand Quiad's point. My dad built a business from scratch and it succeeded for almost a decade before he got a government position and didn't have the time to fully invest in it anymore. This is happening! It's real and it looks ok. Someone needs to tell them flags wave and flap or just remove but it's still early.

Brad robbed his guys at the beginning of this game. Let's get past his other shit and just call him out for this. That's truly scumbag shit. He hasn't learned a lot. This game will succeed in spite of him. He's only learned to let better men move this thing forward. I'm glad he's gotten that far at least after two decades. Personally I find it hilarious when retards like Zaide whine about it being brought up. That's not going to stop it from happening whenever someone wants to do it. He has official forums to lick his sack. I wasn't going to comment until I saw chutzpah. That dirty asshole has always had chutzpah. He was the next generation of game developer god, lol!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Brad's a fuck we know... but there's a ray of hope for something my people want here.

Thread smells like mad Blizzard employees and their friends that can't stand people wanting something other than their "perfect" model sometimes. Maybe we just want to hang out again with that fun loser from highschool that our wife hates, u know? We know he's a fuckup and hasn't done anything with his life lately but he did used to throw the best parties even if he wasn't that cool.

He also promised 1 PvP shard. Lots of mad whenever I even ask for a /duel on an upcoming stream.. then I mention what about best of the best tourneys and the bluebie sack lickers change their tune.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well they seem to be going in the right direction as environment are improving and looking great, models and animation are also improving, not yet where it needs to be I think but it's up to a point where it's looking good.

I'm still not sure what will come out of it...but it's definitely moving in the right direction.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Think Bradski knows this is it for him and is fighting like a cornered animal to get this out the door

Dull

Molten Core Raider
I thought this looked pretty good and the fps was great, its come a long way since Rerolled skeletons. But Im stilled worried about how much the have to do. The last dungeon in the video (note: which has been seen before, second note: they didnt show a new dungeon) CoH accidentally zoned into a zone that hadnt been optimized. Im sure the devs there were thinking "dammit dont go out there!". They cherry picked what they were showing, which is fine but I suspect they showed everything they had. Still a very long road to go with a lot of pitfalls to avoid.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Honestly, Vanguard's biggest problem was it's engine. Wasn't it a custom unreal engine 2 or something? Engines nowadays are a lot more forgiving and friendly to work with. Unity is very friendly, but I've had a variety of good and bad experiences with it performance wise. Hopefully they know that they need this game to run as good as they can get it, visuals be damned.

Yeah, it was UE2 which was at the time notoriously bad for open world, but so was just about every single other engine out there at the time unless you made your own.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Other than the obvious which is Brad (and that has been beaten to death(, i don't think any other devs from VG's development or launch are currently on the team. SIlius and co. are long gone and most of the work the original Pantheon team did has been scrapped if i am not mistaken. Corey Lefever, i think is the only other ex-SOE person currently on the team and he was a GM (DCUO i think) when VG launched.

silius and all the original worthless sony people got stock in place of money. So if the fame is succesful, silius still wins

Reht

Molten Core Raider
silius and all the original worthless sony people got stock in place of money. So if the fame is succesful, silius still wins
I couldn't care less (that's between them and VR), the point i am making is they aren't and haven't been around to ruin the game as some people feel they would.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Listen, I'll play this game when (if) it launches and I'll cross my fingers that it ends up good.

But I don't consider myself jaded for taking things Brad says with a grain of salt. He was great leading up to the launch of Vanguard. He told the hardcore MMO crowd exactly what they wanted to hear and a great deal of it ended up just being lies. I had a little fun in Vanguard too that doesn't change the fact that he promised things that just ended up not existing.

I hope this game does well. But I'm very much in the believe it when I see it camp.

• 1Solidarity

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not sure how much you can really hold Silius accountable for SOE's misdeeds. Fixing problems takes people, people take money, and SOE always treated Vanguard like the red-headed step-child lest it outshine their inferior flagship turd, EQ2. Not sure how anyone could conclude that it was Silius' fault.

If anything, in early Pantheon interviews, Silius demonstrated a keen understanding of how to recreate a game like EQ without the mainstreaming mistakes from Vanguard. Luckily Joppa showed up who seems to share a similar philosophy.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not sure how much you can really hold Silius accountable for SOE's misdeeds. Fixing problems takes people, people take money, and SOE always treated Vanguard like the red-headed step-child lest it outshine their inferior flagship turd, EQ2. Not sure how anyone could conclude that it was Silius' fault.

If anything, in early Pantheon interviews, Silius demonstrated a keen understanding of how to recreate a game like EQ without the mainstreaming mistakes from Vanguard. Luckily Joppa showed up who seems to share a similar philosophy.

I am fairly confident that Joppa (Chris Perkins) saved Pantheon. As to whether or not he will carry it to completion remains to be seen, but it definitely seems like Joppa was the driving force for this coming back from the dead.

• 1Like