Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Been watching their TwitchCon segment. PVP servers. Plural. Game gonna be so popular it will have multiple PVP servers! Hellz yeah!

they're just going to end up shutting down all but the most successful one and offering server transfers off the unpopular ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It would be smart to start with only one and open others as popularity dictates. One packed PvP server with a sub optimal ruleset is probably better than four servers you can choose from with 1/4th the population.

That said, teams w/ single item loot (no weapons, no bags) for the win.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
they're just going to end up shutting down all but the most successful one and offering server transfers off the unpopular ones.

Brad talked about multiple PVP servers all with different rulesets. Seems really serious about PVP. I for one really believe him strongly because of the trust I have in him and his track record.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Only after they lose the devs that understood the premise of the game and shit up pvp with broken resists and AAs.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
That goddamn catch phrase for this game.... every time I kill or hear about 'The Fallen' while playing Destiny 2 I get a chuckle.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Composter

That was one of my favorite things about vanilla wow, specifically how skinning core hounds and dragons gave crafting materials for really strong items. I hated that Nefarian needed onyxia hide cloaks but it was still really amazing to me at that time and I've been wishing they would bring back similar ever since.

Yeah, I do not know why crafting was not more deeply integrated into progression in the first place.

Seriously, though, please just make crafting progression into a mobile mini-game and let us do it while at work or while raiding or while we are driving on commutes...well, maybe not the driving.

• 1Like

Raign

Golden Squire
Yeah, I do not know why crafting was not more deeply integrated into progression in the first place.

Seriously, though, please just make crafting progression into a mobile mini-game and let us do it while at work or while raiding or while we are driving on commutes...well, maybe not the driving.

This please. Find some way to take gathering more common materials offline as well. I don't care if it is a shitty farmville integration where I need to water my sheep to sheer them for mats - just don't make me waste my valuable old-man-real-gaming-time in game doing it.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This please. Find some way to take gathering more common materials offline as well. I don't care if it is a shitty farmville integration where I need to water my sheep to sheer them for mats - just don't make me waste my valuable old-man-real-gaming-time in game doing it.

Vanguard had raid crafting materials, one raid made you craft in the middle of it repeatedly as part of the script, and necros could skin some raid bosses / rares for pet versions of them. With this being a re-skinned Vanguard I can see them adding all of those crafting scenarios again.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Reskinned Vanguard? I haven't seen anything in the videos that suggests it's a re-skinned vanguard. It looks like a re-skinned EQ.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Raign

Golden Squire
Vanguard had raid crafting materials, one raid made you craft in the middle of it repeatedly as part of the script, and necros could skin some raid bosses / rares for pet versions of them. With this being a re-skinned Vanguard I can see them adding all of those crafting scenarios again.

That is cool as hell there. I had no interest in playing a necro in EQ, pet classes just aren't my thing.. but if I could have had a pet Trakanon, you better believe I would play one lol

• 2Solidarity

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Crafting in a mobile app addition would honestly be amazing imo. I basically don't have anywhere near the time I used to have to actually sit at a computer and play the game but I can break out 10-15min multiple times a day to play around on my cell phone. It would be nice to have an integration wehre you could continue progression in some way in that manner. Even if it's as shitty as skilling up crafting, or watching an auction house, or managing minions running missions for you wow garrison style.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Been watching their TwitchCon segment. PVP servers. Plural. Game gonna be so popular it will have multiple PVP servers! Hellz yeah!
1 PvP server, work has been done son.

Now just need single droppable item loot and dark night time.

On track to getting my damn life back here.

ONLY BRAD CAN DELIVER. DAYBREAK AND ROGEAN TECHNOLOGIES ARE FALSE PROPHETS.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is cool as hell there. I had no interest in playing a necro in EQ, pet classes just aren't my thing.. but if I could have had a pet Trakanon, you better believe I would play one lol

Cant find the picture but one was a really cool looking Eye boss with tentacles. They also had a card game for diplomacy in major cities / hubs. If you were successful over and over with NPC's in the town they would trigger city wide buffs. You could then goto those cities before raids and get those OP buffs that "crafters" or people playing the card game had put up.

Raign

Golden Squire
Makes me wish I had stuck it out longer with Vanguard but I crashed constantly in that game and was coming to it pretty fresh out of Shadowbane, which I had quit because of, you guessed it - constant crashes, so Vanguard's rustled me more than they should have and I never gave it a real shot.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Vanguard Necromancer was sweet. Having to harvest body parts from different enemies to equip your pet was a neat mechanical idea.

But then, I also liked Anarchy Online, so I may just be entirely too much of a fan of having a lot of equipment slots to manage/math.

• 1Solidarity

Dullahan

1 PvP server, work has been done son.

Now just need single droppable item loot and dark night time.

On track to getting my damn life back here.

ONLY BRAD CAN DELIVER. DAYBREAK AND ROGEAN TECHNOLOGIES ARE FALSE PROPHETS.
I'd prefer FFA, but I think it's prolly in their best interest to go faction war first. The teams aspect would likely be more appealing to Pantheon's PvE inclined audience. If it's successful then they can consider FFA and item loot. Or they could just try both at once.

In an age of whining and convenience though, I just don't see a PvE game attracting enough people to fill a hardcore ruleset server.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brad talked about multiple PVP servers all with different rulesets. Seems really serious about PVP. I for one really believe him strongly because of the trust I have in him and his track record.

This is what worries me the most. I don't want yet another fucking PVP MMORPG. And Brad has fuck all experience about PVP. Give the special kids a Server where players are targetable, name it "PVP" and call it a day. Worked out just fine in EQ. Don't waste any resources on creating PVP mechanics or content.

Let's not forget how huge EverQuest was. There's still stuff I can do on Project 1999 in the classic areas alone that I haven't done at all. I'm fairly certain I have done every single classic WoW quest, ran every single dungeon and killed every single mob in that game at least once because there was actually so little to do, but you just flew through the levels.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
This is what worries me the most. I don't want yet another fucking PVP MMORPG. And Brad has fuck all experience about PVP. Give the special kids a Server where players are targetable, name it "PVP" and call it a day. Worked out just fine in EQ. Don't waste any resources on creating PVP mechanics or content.

Let's not forget how huge EverQuest was. There's still stuff I can do on Project 1999 in the classic areas alone that I haven't done at all. I'm fairly certain I have done every single classic WoW quest, ran every single dungeon and killed every single mob in that game at least once because there was actually so little to do, but you just flew through the levels.
It's not going to be one, they have emphatically stated it won't be (unless they have a massive vision shift), but will have a pvp server(s) for folks want to ala EQ.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah. I mean put me in the group that absolutely doesn't trust a thing Brad says, but I think he just has a canned PVP answer and it seems very similar to EQ. Lets throw out some random rule set PVP servers just to have them and focus the game around PVE. Honestly that model makes PVP more fun although not balanced (but who cares).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dullahan

Yeah. I mean put me in the group that absolutely doesn't trust a thing Brad says, but I think he just has a canned PVP answer and it seems very similar to EQ. Lets throw out some random rule set PVP servers just to have them and focus the game around PVE. Honestly that model makes PVP more fun although not balanced (but who cares).
EQ had some pretty basic balancing like disabling OP abilities and toning down magic dmg a bit, but overall it just worked fine as is. Trying to 1v1 balance classes in an multiplayer game is dumb anyway. It's meant for group combat, so as long as everyone has a purpose, it's fine.

As for wasting time on pvp content, they've never said they had any intention. PvE content is already the best objective you can fight over in an mmo. Frankly i think it's the lack of content competition in "PvP mmos" that make them so boring. I'd much rather dirtnap a group to take their mobs and shiny items than destroy a castle or keep that has no tangible benefit to me.

• 2Solidarity