Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I cannot wait to become One Of The Fallen(tm)

slide_279239_2071948_free.gif

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I wonder if pre alpha will essentially be a single starting area w/ a relative level cap of something like 15-25 ish. I also wonder if it will be an ongoing phase or if it will be several "weekend" type events with PA1, PA2, PA3 etc.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm hoping PA is killing a Rat, Fire Beetles, and get kicked by a snake. Then you go kill some gnolls and turn in their teeth. Finally, you take your loots back to a house to sell and a griffin bust through the ceiling and kills you. Cue, Pantheon splash screen, "You have become one of the Fallen". Rinse and Repeat.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Convo sighting!

Things that immediately jump out at me:

There is a point where the player is struggling to log in, after hitting play at character select he gets punted back to the login screen several times.
When low on health the character moves slowly (like EQ)
The naked human model looks slightly incomplete, the way the arms sit on the body are weird.
At 11:51 the guy moves his microphone away and tells the player to "change your model".
Yungfoo is playing an Archai Monk, the animations look pretty nice.
Casters appear to have 10 spell slots
It looks like we're seeing mid 20's content in the dungeon at the end as the shaman spells seen are up to level 24
Whenever he casts the spell "Virulent Temper" we see the text "Matching boons were not found", the spell text is "Combines water and animus banes to inflict nature damage", I'm not positive this spell was actually doing anything when he casts it. Perhaps he needs to be near a water source or something?

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I heard the EQ buff sound :)

Corrected late night goof...

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well it looks like they're actually making a game at least, so good for them, Brad didn't run with the money. Now if they can actually release a product that's better quality than Vanguard at release though, I still have my doubts. I'd expect they'll release this as early access and it'll be a crashing shitty mess with no balance and after a year of early access with slower and slower patches, it'll die.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if pre alpha will essentially be a single starting area w/ a relative level cap of something like 15-25 ish. I also wonder if it will be an ongoing phase or if it will be several "weekend" type events with PA1, PA2, PA3 etc.
I was talking with people in my TSO (The Settlers Online web MMO) guild, all of them heavy P99 players, and they're all looking forward to play the pre-alpha and expecting their P99 guild to die at that point.

Looking forward for massive smirking... :p

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I heard you can spend $1000 to get into pre-Alpha by the end of this year. I am happy for those QA Visionary Realms employees.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wow, those animations. It's Luclin all over.

How is this guy running? Have any of them.. no of course not, they're all fat... if you run like that, you'll tire out so much faster. That's not running, I think some troll slipped them an Olympic triple jumping as running animation and they didn't realize. Oh that's how fit people run? I had no idea.

• 1Worf

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I want to see a city. Sure we've seen some but what role will they play? When I think of EQ, I think of several zones but one of the top things I think of in both EQ1 and EQ2 is Qeynos and Freeport. Maybe others think of Rivervale or Kaladim but you get the point. Everyone had a special connection to their starting zones and EQ (at least I think) made a mistake continually working away from endearing zones like those we started in. I really hate seeing CL Tunnel die in Agnarr when Luclin is released. I love PoP but by the time it's released, everyone will be in PoK and old zones will be completely empty. I think EQ could have grown within and expanded just a little. Nothing is wrong with adding new places but I think in their design plans, they should have thought of ways to keep the old world relevant. Just seeing people passing through means something or hanging out in certain spots. I'm ready to ask the big questions. I know we can't see it yet but they're acting like this is the real thing so i'm ready to stop treating this like a joke.

How important will starting hubs be? EQ2 and WoW both moved you a long from quest hub to quest hub, will that be present? Player driven economy was mentioned in the video, to what extent? Will it be stuff like banded and FS plate gonna be important? How will be balanced with dropped gear? Will players be able to make or add acclimation to the gear?

You can no longer keep saying, "We are going to make a game that we think everybody wants." You have to say what that is and make commitments. I think a lot of games have died being afraid to make commitments to design and game philosophies or they simply abandoned them when the squeaky wheels got tough and your silent majority was playing the game they purchased.

• 1Like