Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
I'm still playing BDO. It's probably my 3rd favorite after EQ/EQ2. From my PoV I think the game is over populated. Supposedly (I just saw the headlines on reddit but didn't read the article) NA accounts for 56% of the revenue for BDO. The AH is bare of useful materials because everyone keeps buying stuff. And whenever I grind, there are tons of people around. Plus, the channel(servers) are always marked as crowded.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm glad you can see the good in EQ2. It has some shit to look past like the whole mobs and mobs existing as a pack thing being a little weird but I started to like it.

The quests are real tho, figuring out Nektropos and getting a prenerf guise on my wizard was awesome.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm glad you can see the good in EQ2. It has some shit to look past like the whole mobs and mobs existing as a pack thing being a little weird but I started to like it.

The quests are real tho, figuring out Nektropos and getting a prenerf guise on my wizard was awesome.
giphy.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
EQ2's combat system was and has remained complete dog shit.

Do you ever look at your 3 hotbars when playing an MMO and wish you had 6 more? Whoever designed that spammy mess of a system should have their feet hobbled.

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 11 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
EQ2's combat system was and has remained complete dog shit.

Do you ever look at your 3 hotbars when playing an MMO and wish you had 6 more? Whoever designed that spammy mess of a system should have their feet hobbled.

Come on man, give them some credit! If you just took the time to create a 60 line item /useability macro, you only need half a hotbar!
(typing this made me remember doing this on my RIFT warrior, a one button spam macro for pvp lol)

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoyed EQ2 and still think they did a lot right but as many have said, it was covered by so much crap. Even more frustrating, it was never addressed and the problems are still there. I would give anything if they would take the top 2-3 issues, do something.. anything..., and put up a progression server maybe even an old school PvP (early Nagafen) as I would like to do that one more time.

Pantheon should look at EQ2's AH/Marketplace system, their housing, and the crafting. Not necessarily how you craft but what you crafted. I bought a lot of crafted stuff for my player (food, weapons, armor, etc) and their house stuff was great. I think their marketplace was solid. I bought their armor and mounts. It didn't impact the game really but I thought it looked good, good for EQ2 anyway.

Just a shame they don't seem to care. If I could tell EQ2 anything, and I have several times, I would skip an expansion year and let EQ2 die a respectable death but it's probably too late. Once some of these new games come out, I'm not going to take the time to play it even if they did fix some things.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SoE's response to the ability bloat was always along the lines of continue to damn the game into mediocrity in fear the current playerbase revolted.

It had a hell of a lot of potential and some aspects were really exciting. They screwed the pooch bigtime by not addressing the glaring problems.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It would be such a hard line reflection with EQ1 still going and them closing the doors on EQ2. Sort of validates that EQ1 was an anomaly and they really (at the time, and possibly still) dont know what the fk they are doing.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I might do what I did with Vanguard.
Buy.
Subscribe for a few months.
See that the game is still in development.
Quit.
Be sad years later when they finally unplug life support, saying "It could have been so much".

• 1Picard

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So what's new with Pantheon? Haven't bothered to even check up in almost 6 months or so.

You can pay a thousand bucks for the privilege of joining their pre-alpha now. Sounds like a real deal doesn't it?

• 1Solidarity

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
I really enjoyed EQ2 and still think they did a lot right but as many have said, it was covered by so much crap. Even more frustrating, it was never addressed and the problems are still there. I would give anything if they would take the top 2-3 issues, do something.. anything..., and put up a progression server maybe even an old school PvP (early Nagafen) as I would like to do that one more time.

Pantheon should look at EQ2's AH/Marketplace system, their housing, and the crafting. Not necessarily how you craft but what you crafted. I bought a lot of crafted stuff for my player (food, weapons, armor, etc) and their house stuff was great. I think their marketplace was solid. I bought their armor and mounts. It didn't impact the game really but I thought it looked good, good for EQ2 anyway.

Just a shame they don't seem to care. If I could tell EQ2 anything, and I have several times, I would skip an expansion year and let EQ2 die a respectable death but it's probably too late. Once some of these new games come out, I'm not going to take the time to play it even if they did fix some things.
I did like the fact that crafted goods were useful in EQ2. What I did not like is that a solo player could run around and collect the materials and create something that rivaled dropped equipment. It wasn't a big deal for consumables, but when it comes to weapons and armor, the best items should always require a group or more to obtain.

If Pantheon is going to use a node system, those materials need to only be part of the recipe with the other half of the materials being dropped (and the most valuable components coming from group/raid mobs).

In general, I think it's good for crafting to offer something that doesn't drop, or a way of modifying dropped gear.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I did like the fact that crafted goods were useful in EQ2. What I did not like is that a solo player could run around and collect the materials and create something that rivaled dropped equipment. It wasn't a big deal for consumables, but when it comes to weapons and armor, the best items should always require a group or more to obtain.

If Pantheon is going to use a node system, those materials need to only be part of the recipe with the other half of the materials being dropped (and the most valuable components coming from group/raid mobs).

In general, I think it's good for crafting to offer something that doesn't drop, or a way of modifying dropped gear.
So you want crafting to be useless.

DAoC appraoch (gear quality with ability to make an entire set) is my favorite to date. Plus being able to break down gear, hinge it for profit was nice. Actually leveling crafting and mats being only bought was aids