Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
As for forced grouping, I honestly don't know what my opinion is on that.

I love grouping when everything clicks, and I play a defined roll and people depend on me for it.

I absolutely hate sitting around LFG, and I'm admittedly too lazy or don't want the responsibility of starting a group. But I like MMOs. /boggle

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm waiting to see some of the other classes in the game. I'm guessing summoner is kind of like the mage class in EQ? I also heard that they were going to have a bard class in the game, but don't currently see it on their website. I'm assuming that Dire Lord will be like a Shadow Knight, but since I don't see a necromancer class, maybe Dire Lord is a combination of both (cause that would be awesome). I'm hoping that they will really take their time in developing each class and make them well balanced and equally useful (I know, I'm hoping for a lot). Kinda bummed I don't see a blood mage class, cause that was the best thing about Vanguard. Some of the classes were really gimped in EQ (okay most of them for awhile), so I'm interested in seeing what they can do with some of the classes to make them more powerful and useful in a group setting. I know as a wizard, it was almost impossible for me to get a group until ROK came out and gave us some actual useful spells.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'm waiting to see some of the other classes in the game. I'm guessing summoner is kind of like the mage class in EQ? I also heard that they were going to have a bard class in the game, but don't currently see it on their website. I'm assuming that Dire Lord will be like a Shadow Knight, but since I don't see a necromancer class, maybe Dire Lord is a combination of both (cause that would be awesome). I'm hoping that they will really take their time in developing each class and make them well balanced and equally useful (I know, I'm hoping for a lot). Kinda bummed I don't see a blood mage class, cause that was the best thing about Vanguard. Some of the classes were really gimped in EQ (okay most of them for awhile), so I'm interested in seeing what they can do with some of the classes to make them more powerful and useful in a group setting. I know as a wizard, it was almost impossible for me to get a group until ROK came out and gave us some actual useful spells.

If you pay for the $10k tier ("donate $10,000" or "invest $10,000," or whatever soothes your conscience) you can have access to the 900+ page design document on summoner. However since it's locked behind an NDA, these details cannot be shared publicly.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider

Necromancer and Bard classes are promised to be released during or after game launch. And yes Summoner is a pet class and Dire Lord plays like a Shadow Knight.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Necromancer and Bard classes are promised to be released during or after game launch. And yes Summoner is a pet class and Dire Lord plays like a Shadow Knight.

I'm having Inquisitor flashbacks from Vanguard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm ready to quadruple my Kickstarter donation for access to alpha.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Sevens

Log Wizard
Actually at the game con they just had Joppa announced that bard will be in for launch, necro not so much. Will look for video for confirmation.
Not sure of the time stamp of when he talks about the bard, but its pretty early in the video

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Can we get a Pantheon promises tracker? Turn it into a game like presidential elections.

I am curious what exactly they've promised. It's important to be transparent when taking crowd funding!

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm told they've got about 20 developers/programmers on the team now. I was pretty surprised since we only really hear about three or four people.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Let's suppose for shits and giggles that that rumor is true. How many of those 20 got their foot in the door through the Apprentice Developer P2D Program, and how many of them are real developers that couldn't find a decent job at a reputable company so they settled for VR because it's less awful than starving to death?

• 2Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Let's suppose for shits and giggles that that rumor is true. How many of those 20 got their foot in the door through the Apprentice Developer P2D Program, and how many of them are real developers that couldn't find a decent job at a reputable company so they settled for VR because it's less awful than starving to death?

Who cares, as long as they can do their job! Kurt Warner was working at a grocery store before he won the Super Bowl. Everyone has to start somewhere.

• 3Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users