Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who cares, as long as they can do their job! Kurt Warner was working at a grocery store before he won the Super Bowl. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Do you have any fucking clue how retarded what you just said was?

Who cares, as long as they can get fired in the parking lot! Curt Schilling was working as Major League Baseball pitcher before he ran a AAA game studio into the ground with eight figures worth of debt. The Fuzzy Troll Dream Team had to start somewhere.

Last edited:
  • 2Picard
  • 2Salty
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
A few weeks ago people here were thinking there were only like three devs actively working on pantheon. I post that the dev team is actually about seven times that size and somehow it's a bad thing. :smuggly:

• 3Like
  • 3Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
A few weeks ago people here were thinking there were only like three devs actively working on pantheon. I post that the dev team is actually about seven times that size and somehow it's a bad thing. :smuggly:

You posted a rumor that you heard with absolutely zero evidence of it being anything other than a rumor.

I posted the truth about Apprentice Developers paying for their "positions" and made a factual observation that VR has a very sketchy history as a company and is extremely unlikely to have the budget to afford a team of top tier talent.

I mean, if we're having a shitpost competition you're obviously way in the lead. Good job buddy!

You_win_the_prize.jpg

• 2Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You posted a rumor that you heard with absolutely zero evidence of it being anything other than a rumor.

I posted the truth about Apprentice Developers paying for their "positions" and made a factual observation that VR has a very sketchy history as a company and is extremely unlikely to have the budget to afford a team of top tier talent.

I mean, if we're having a shitpost competition you're obviously way in the lead. Good job buddy!

Programming
  • Daniel Krenn - Lead Programmer
  • Robert Crane - Senior Programmer
  • Tod Curtis - Senior Programmer
  • Jason Weimann - Senior Programmer
Art & Animation
  • Jared Pullen - Senior Concept Artist
  • Julien Abenhaim - Animator
  • Will Barry - Character Artist
  • Ben Droste - Environment Artist
  • Forrest Imel - Concept Artist
  • Jerry Kulkis - 3D Environmental Artist
  • Bruno Rime - Technical Artist
Design
  • Chris Perkins - Creative Director
  • Tim Wathen - Game Designer
  • Corey LeFever - Senior Game Designer
Technology
  • Kurt Habetler - Systems Engineer
  • Sam Scott - Systems Engineer, Database Administrator
  • Bret DeChristopher - Database Administrator
Project Management
  • Lynn Ashworth - Project Manager
  • Kim Morrison - QA Lead

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The previous topic was about programming and it looks like they have four now instead of two.

Art is super important, but it's still not programming. Ditto with systems engineers or DBAs.

However, if this is still years out, if they're good, four can still do a lot of they don't get caught by scope creep. Though, I'm bet none of them are doing much about security.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Im not seeing that artist on there that made all that crazy good lookin shit, Montreasor.

Whatsup with that

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Who cares, as long as they can do their job! Kurt Warner was working at a grocery store before he won the Super Bowl. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Dude, did you learn nothing from Vanguard? I mean... Heh. It wasn't that they couldn't do their job, it was the management that was too busy banging someone's wife and doing Oxy that completely fucked it up.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Dude, did you learn nothing from Vanguard? I mean... Heh. It wasn't that they couldn't do their job, it was the management that was too busy banging someone's wife and doing Oxy that completely fucked it up.
It was never confirmed that Vanguard was going to rock. Checkmate faggot!

• 2Like
  • 2Worf

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Programming
  • Daniel Krenn - Lead Programmer
  • Robert Crane - Senior Programmer
  • Tod Curtis - Senior Programmer
  • Jason Weimann - Senior Programmer
Art & Animation
  • Jared Pullen - Senior Concept Artist
  • Julien Abenhaim - Animator
  • Will Barry - Character Artist
  • Ben Droste - Environment Artist
  • Forrest Imel - Concept Artist
  • Jerry Kulkis - 3D Environmental Artist
  • Bruno Rime - Technical Artist
Design
  • Chris Perkins - Creative Director
  • Tim Wathen - Game Designer
  • Corey LeFever - Senior Game Designer
Technology
  • Kurt Habetler - Systems Engineer
  • Sam Scott - Systems Engineer, Database Administrator
  • Bret DeChristopher - Database Administrator
Project Management
  • Lynn Ashworth - Project Manager
  • Kim Morrison - QA Lead

No female designers??? I'm reporting them to gamergate.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Why did Monty leave? I thought he was one of the better ones but I hadn't kept up in quite a while obviously.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Why did Monty leave? I thought he was one of the better ones but I hadn't kept up in quite a while obviously.

I think they just didn't renew his contract. His job history doesn't show anything major after VR so it doesn't look like he left for greener pastures.

This is a new game he appears to be working on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Do you have any fucking clue how retarded what you just said was?

Who cares, as long as they can get fired in the parking lot! Curt Schilling was working as Major League Baseball pitcher before he ran a AAA game studio into the ground with eight figures worth of debt. The Fuzzy Troll Dream Team had to start somewhere.

Do you realize how fucking retarded you are? How much experience did Curt Schilling have as an MMO designer when he tried to make his game? Kurt Warner was actually a quarterback, so your analogy makes no fucking sense at all. Now, fuck off back to your pathetic life.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's been a while since I looked at this thread. Is this "game" any closer to seeing the sunlight in this decade? Or is this still a pipedream? So far it's been 5 years of Denny's Napkins, Failed Kickstarters, Fuzzy Trolls, Donation Theft while not paying his team, paid apprentice programs, monthly fee forums, bus stop promo's for hobo's, this is like an MLM of Videogame design. We're still in some sort of pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha. SLASH. But really all bullshit aside, where the fuck are they with this thing? Vaporware or release 2030?

pantheon2.jpg

MMO_Wolf_McQuaid.jpg

84304785.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's been a while since I looked at this thread. Is this "game" any closer to seeing the sunlight in this decade? Or is this still a pipedream?

You've probably missed about three or four streams, the dev team has reached about 20 members, a new zone was revealed and alpha is expected to begin in 2018. Supposedly we'll be seeing the remaining classes revealed soon, Bards are now expected to be in at launch.

Latest stream:

They're hiring more people for full time world building work:
World Builder/Level Designer | Visionary Realms

The latest newsletter (a new one is due this week though)
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Newsletter - April 2018

By all accounts Pre-Alpha has been live for about six months for something in the range of 1000 players but we have not seen any real leaks.

Additionally, part of the increase in team size looks to be related to them adding several new faces to the art team. Maybe we'll see some new character models or more polished animations in the near future.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont understand why them taking their time is being thrown out as such a negative thing. The reason almost every one of the past MMOs had some massive exploit or garbage half done content was because it was rushed out of the door. I'd rather wait till 2020 and get a well designed, tested, and polished game than to play another horribly broken & unfinished mmo.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users