Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The biggest problem with this thread is all the people who wanna have an opinion yet are to lazy to upload an Avatar... Also your Jesus Brad would hate you for that too.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

SuperNaught

Trakanon Raider
I'm excited to try it.

It could rock.
It could be a narcotic pill infused mess of "but it has potential" like Vanguard.
It could be a narcotic pill infused mess of "screw this, I'm out of here."

Any case, I'll try it because, I'm not playing anything currently. Nothing grabs my attention right now. Reality check, nothing will grab my time like EQ did. Second place goes to Vanguard but still, I've too many real life, old person things to let MMOs take a lot of my time. But I will spend a leisurely amount of time as one of teh fallen. Unless it sucks so, we'll see.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
worst5mmolaunches_vanguard.jpg

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
WTF is that???? Reminded me immediately of the luclin models for the iksar and how bad they were when they were released lol.

That's nothing more than Vanguard: Saga of Zeros another failure in the big basket of MMORPG graveyards. More examples of what Brad accomplished with millions upon millions of dollars, staff, and Microsoft support. Surely he will do so much more off of kids lunch money.

16EC4CDCEE26CE1CEF924014E3EFCDCFE8E194C4

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Pantheon should really double down on their version of "kronos" and get some laundering setup.

That way they are guarenteed success.

Russia could prolly make a fake MMO, where all the players are bots, and just launder all their money through that. Best MMo of all time

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Pantheon should really double down on their version of "kronos" and get some laundering setup.

That way they are guarenteed success.

Russia could prolly make a fake MMO, where all the players are bots, and just launder all their money through that. Best MMo of all time

An MMO could be a decent way to launder money.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well it's not just access to raid mobs... it's access to quests, itemization, geography, mob spawns, class builds, and every other element that needs to be understood to succeed in an MMORPG.

The reason paid beta is problematic is that it creates a barrier of entry to the game for people who didn't feel obliged to drop a few hundred for early access. Most gamers will find the prospect of playing at launch less appealing knowing they are playing against people who have already min/maxed the game. Perhaps VR did an analysis somewhere (I doubt it) that determined they would rather collect up front revenue from beta sales than have more subs at launch. Either way, it's a consideration they're going to have to deal with.

Every MMO has technical Alphas, F&F alphas, normal Alphas, and multiple iterations of betas and has been that way since the beginning. The ones who didnt have "paid" gave you early access for pre-ordering the game. Pantheon is doing literally the same thing except they are tying access to a donation for "pre-alpha". If you believe in a game or dev team thats pretty normal to want to invest as an adult into your hobby. GGG who makes Path of Exile is on a very similar model with paid betas 2x a year and a huge MTX store that a lot of my friends including me have spent thousands on.

The more testing, betas, promotional betas, or whatever they want to call it means that we'll have a better chance at a cleaner game. Every MMO aside from FFXIV ARR has had some retarded raid exploit or game breaking nonsense, wouldnt it be nice to have a working MMO that doesn't get wrecked the first weekend?

• 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I had someone go as far as to take the efforts to thumbs down my harmless post about crowd control. Fuck this salty thread today lmao. It’s like a small hill country West Virginia family that has zero contact with the outside world. Familiarity breeding contempt lol

• 4Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Every MMO has technical Alphas, F&F alphas, normal Alphas, and multiple iterations of betas and has been that way since the beginning. The ones who didnt have "paid" gave you early access for pre-ordering the game. Pantheon is doing literally the same thing except they are tying access to a donation for "pre-alpha". If you believe in a game or dev team thats pretty normal to want to invest as an adult into your hobby. GGG who makes Path of Exile is on a very similar model with paid betas 2x a year and a huge MTX store that a lot of my friends including me have spent thousands on.

The more testing, betas, promotional betas, or whatever they want to call it means that we'll have a better chance at a cleaner game. Every MMO aside from FFXIV ARR has had some retarded raid exploit or game breaking nonsense, wouldnt it be nice to have a working MMO that doesn't get wrecked the first weekend?

You know you like buttfucking mmos with crazy exploits :p

• 3Salty
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I had someone go as far as to take the efforts to thumbs down my harmless post about crowd control. Fuck this salty thread today lmao. It’s like a small hill country West Virginia family that has zero contact with the outside world. Familiarity breeding contempt lol

Don't be a faggot and complain about negs. Up your post quality instead, and get an avatar or eat shit. Here is a couple of salties to cry about.

• 6Solidarity
  • 4Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 11 users

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Bahahaahah. Love it today. You don’t like my avatar? It’s after the first letter in my name you see. It’s a long time signature.

But seriously though exploits have always felt like well earned rewards or “features” from playing an mmo a lot as long as they aren’t too Egregious or game breaking. Would you consider pre agro ntov an exploit??or pulled vt through walls exploits? I’m on board with shit like that. Anything too much further than that is lame though

• 4Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
When I start the #1 Pantheon Guild, even y'all haters can join. There will be a 1 dollar annual guild fee, however. Start saving if you want to be One of the Fallen™.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
When I start the #1 Pantheon Guild, even y'all haters can join. There will be a 1 dollar annual guild fee, however. Start saving if you want to be One of the Fallen™.

Damn. I was hoping to be one of the Fal'Len. What does that cost?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire

I don't recall World of Warcraft ever having any paid beta or early access. The original release had a closed beta then a 2 week open beta period free and open to all which is nice to level the playing field for everyone before the gates open. Pretty sure FF14 did the same thing. ESO I don't think had an open beta but didn't sell any beta or early access either. Given these are the three most popular MMORPGs out there, perhaps devs should follow by example rather than selling out their game's integrity to anyone willing to throw a few dollars at them pre-launch.

Last edited: