Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know you like buttfucking mmos with crazy exploits :p

We cheated on Vanguards world first for their raid zone boss and on Rift for a couple because the games were shit. With good and polished games like FFXIV ARR you don't exploit because there is nothing there to exploit. Those were the best races imo even though the GCD sucked. Dannins crew were the ones who world firsted Twintania in BG anyway, was glad they got it over everyone else trying.

I don't recall World of Warcraft ever having any paid beta or early access. The original release had a closed beta then a 2 week open beta period free and open to all which is nice to level the playing field for everyone before the gates open. Pretty sure FF14 did the same thing. ESO I don't think had an open beta but didn't sell any beta or early access either. Given these are the three most popular MMORPGs out there, perhaps devs should follow by example rather than selling out their games integrity to anyone willing to throw a few dollars at them pre-launch.

WoW has multiple iterations of every alpha and then beta's what are you talking about? Even if its not paid, they do invited raid testing and the same things you're mad at Pantheon for doing.

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire
We cheated on Vanguards world first for their raid zone boss and on Rift for a couple because the games were shit. With good and polished games like FFXIV ARR you don't exploit because there is nothing there to exploit. Those were the best races imo even though the GCD sucked. Dannins crew were the ones who world firsted Twintania in BG anyway, was glad they got it over everyone else trying.

WoW has multiple iterations of every alpha and then beta's what are you talking about? Even if its not paid, they do invited raid testing and the same things you're mad at Pantheon for doing.
If it's not paid, it's not the same thing Pantheon is doing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
People are going to have the inside track whether it is paid for or not. Getting into betas isnt really rocket science.

You keep changing your reason as to why you think their stategy is bad, so im struggling to follow your line of thinking. Comparing it to the way wow's beta was executed 15 years ago is pointless. The industry has changed. I dont agree with it, but it is what it is.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Also paying 1k for an alpha invite seems ridiculous to me, but Im a retard that spends $100s on dota hats. If people are going to pay it, then they'd be fools to tell them no.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Early access has become a fundraising tool. Lots of games on Steam that let you have 'Early Access' to games that haven't technically released yet. A huge part of me hates it, but I can also understand the financial need on the part of the developer (smaller teams).

In any case, early access isn't a huge advantage for most people. Anyone without early access who is serious will have already read and researched thoroughly. Streams have also completely changed the landscape. P2W is reserved for in-game benefits (items/stats/unlocks) that allow you to circumvent the treadmill that you'd otherwise have to endure to get to the same place.

• 1Like

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
innothule - spirits of the lost - equinox
innothule - the last word - wrymsteel
someone find those and i will pay ty sirs

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
These days, what does getting into alpha/beta get you compared to starting at release? A small lead at best. Sure back in '99 having leet beta infoz was huge because nobody would find out stuff for weeks or even months. These days you could probably find a strategy guide for getting max level or beating end game bosses in the first week of release. Either the data miners or testers who want to publish their coolness will get the info out quick. The regular crowd only has to take a few moments to read up, not wait weeks/months for Alakhazams to update.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Just finding a single instant respawn mob (lol vanguard) or an item that sells for good vendor coin is enough to put someone leagues ahead of the competition.

Every new MMO has the same type of exploits/bugs to gain knowledge of pre-release.

Ill be giving them $100 for this very reason. If they were smart, theyd invite all the cheaters early and watch them.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

tyen

<Banned>
Also selling spells that are found on osbcure vendors is good info.

I resold so many vendor skills in EQ2, was pretty lulz.

• 1Solidarity

tyen

<Banned>
quests that have too big of a reward for the length of time it takes to complete. zthats a solid one.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well we know there are a least a few morons who will hand over their paychecks for pixels in this game. So I am gonna train the shit out of people. KS as much shit as possible, ninja loot, and eBay it all.

Since you all want the EQ experience, hopefully we can corpse camp your shit. Or maybe pretend to be nice and corpse drag your shit but instead take it in deeper.

• 2Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
worldburn-top.jpg

• 1Like

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire
Just finding a single instant respawn mob (lol vanguard) or an item that sells for good vendor coin is enough to put someone leagues ahead of the competition.

Every new MMO has the same type of exploits/bugs to gain knowledge of pre-release.

Ill be giving them $100 for this very reason. If they were smart, theyd invite all the cheaters early and watch them.
This guy gets it. The people buying into the beta aren't there to squash bugs, they're there to get an edge by whatever means necessary.

• 1Like

tyen

<Banned>
Well we know there are a least a few morons who will hand over their paychecks for pixels in this game. So I am gonna train the shit out of people. KS as much shit as possible, ninja loot, and eBay it all.

Since you all want the EQ experience, hopefully we can corpse camp your shit. Or maybe pretend to be nice and corpse drag your shit but instead take it in deeper.

I liked being corpse camped. Added a great dynamic to raiding and making sure some dickheads couldnt get a clean shot off a dragon.

Was great fun having your equip in a raid zone and having a zoneline standoff. Shit would last for 5hrs everytime. One guild would xone over, chaos ensues, someone tries the dragon, everyone pvps naked, corpses everywhere. Bind rush gogogo.

Corpse camping is the best part of pvp. its better than item loot imo. 300 corpses in a zone is pure hilarity and good times.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, the level of retardation in the Pantheon haters is amazing to watch. It's been years now and you still spend endless amounts of time out of your life pissing and moaning about this game. Brad has you little morons wrapped around his finger and you are too stupid to even see it. Hilarious.

• 3Seriously?
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 4 users

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire
Lol, the level of retardation in the Pantheon haters is amazing to watch. It's been years now and you still spend endless amounts of time out of your life pissing and moaning about this game. Brad has you little morons wrapped around his finger and you are too stupid to even see it. Hilarious.
So just to be clear here, the people who are skeptical of a pill addict with a history of overpromising/underdelivering's ability to deliver a worthwhile game without a publisher and with a team made up of indentured servents are wrapped around the guy's finger, and people giving him $1K to play the alpha of potential vaporware are the enlightened among us.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So just to be clear here, the people who are skeptical of a pill addict with a history of overpromising/underdelivering's ability to deliver a worthwhile game without a publisher and with a team made up of indentured servents are wrapped around the guy's finger, and people giving him $1K to play the alpha of potential vaporware are the enlightened among us.

Lol, you really think I said any of that? Wow.

Being a skeptic is healthy. And intelligent people use that to avoid wasting their time on things they believe will not happen. If that's what you all were doing then that would be fine. But you are obsessed beyond the point of reason and waste an incredible amount of your time on this. Some of the haters here have hundreds of long drawn out posts in this thread. That is a very sad statement about who you are as human beings.

If I don't like a game. I don't play or waste a second thought on it and move on. That's what anyone with a basic amount of intelligence does. You don't pass that test in any way.

• 3Salty
  • 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't mind Grim1 he gets triggered over this easy.

Hardly. I have very few posts in this thread. And most of them are just laughing at the trolls. You on the other hand have wasted months of your life here. Perhaps you should get one.

• 2Salty

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Lol, you really think I said any of that? Wow.

Being a skeptic is healthy. And intelligent people use that to avoid wasting their time on things they believe will not happen. If that's what you all were doing then that would be fine. But you are obsessed beyond the point of reason and waste an incredible amount of your time on this. Some of the haters here have hundreds of long drawn out posts in this thread. That is a very sad statement about who you are as human beings.

If I don't like a game. I don't play or waste a second thought on it and move on. That's what anyone with a basic amount of intelligence does. You don't pass that test in any way.

giphy.gif

• 1Worf