Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

shabushabu

Knight of the Realm
2h 19m
Reactions
25 2 0 0
No, you didn't

I had 2 x 8800 gtx and it ran like shit.

I was good at pvp because everyone I killed was LD
yes i did. its funny, the damn thing ran better with my GTS than a GTX on my system, the game was very CPU bound. Most MMOs are anyway, with all the network use. My performance actually went down after SOE had the game for a year. I recall they removed some graphics features and did performance improving which outside of hitch improvements hurt performance on my system.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Vyemm Raider
2d 20h 34m
Reactions
1,763 435 0 0
someone posted a debug on rendering on VG a decade ago.

the problems were with something very specific at the end of the task. devs tried their best to clean it up and delete these unnecessary calls years later

Identikit

Molten Core Raider
2d 2h 44m
Reactions
1,017 263 0 0
No, you didn't

I had 2 x 8800 gtx and it ran like shit.

I was good at pvp because everyone I killed was LD

it ran like shit for you because SLI came out around the same time as VGO launched and no game, especially not VGO was really optimized to use it.

It ran better on one graphics card than it did using SLI for sure.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
<Donors Crew>
1d 15h 59m
Reactions
1,567 156 0 0
Somewhere down the line they're gonna run into some cure Unity issue and get that ring imprint on their forehead.

I hope not tho.

goishen

Knight of the Realm
3d 1h 56m
Reactions
422 83 0 0
it ran like shit for you because SLI came out around the same time as VGO launched and no game, especially not VGO was really optimized to use it.

No it didn't. It came out about 2 years before the game came out. In hardware terms, a lifetime.

Dom

Lord Nagafen Raider
2d 10h 35m
Reactions
160 10 0 0
SLI has always been hit or miss on whether or not a game would benefit from it or actually suffer compared to a single card. So much to the point that it's pretty much a dead tech now because the amount of games that benefit from it at this point are less than the ones that experience endless issues because of it.

RobXIII

Knight of the Realm
1d 8h 46m
Reactions
210 54 0 0

I'm usually careful and almost never fall for a scam, but when I bought a 2nd card for SLI, and realized it never worked with the latest games (always seemed to be patched in a year later) I realized I was duped ;\

Shmoopy

Trakanon Raider
16h 41m
Reactions
1,526 111 0 0
I had a 3-digit user ID on the Vanguard SOH forums so I got into alpha/beta free. The time wasted on those forums, for that game, is a far more egregious loss than the $60 I might have spent... o_O

Furious

Baronet of the Realm
1d 1h 8m
Reactions
2,992 3,366 0 0

I remember that, it's true.

I had a big post in old FOH forum how I built the best VG rig. I spent around 4g and the game did about 17fps. Legit