Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
1gawiuyukn401.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Wow, the 5-year anniversary of this threads creation quietly came and passed.

• 8Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 11 users

Adinirahc

Trakanon Raider
Found this recent quote by Kilsin over on the Pantheon boards interesting...

"Alpha should be next year sometime but we don't have any more accurate info than that, it all depends on how these pre-alphas go and what hurdles we may hit during development/test. Once we get into the new year we will have a better understanding, but again, we will announce it once it is getting close to make sure no one misses out and everyone can plan ahead for it."

Seems pretty obvious this game is taking way longer to develop then originally thought. Although I guess that's pretty standard. Sounds like there are still multiple phases of pre-alpha to go. Many people were speculating that this upcoming pre-alpha phase (whatever the hell number that is) would be the last. Not sounding like that to me. Doesn't sound like they are even willing to commit to Alpha next year at this point, let alone "early" next year. Beta and launch seem pretty far away to me. 2022 launch, maybe? Is it just me, or does that seem like an insane development time?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's still a few baby boomers not retired yet. They have to wait for their target demographic to reach maximum joblessness before hookin em.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Has it even been 5 years of actual development time yet? What did they start with - $40k? This thing releasing in that kind of time frame would’ve been a miracle.

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah it was 5 years ago this January. They had gameplay footage though so it was in development for quite some time before that. I assume a year minimum?

Wonder how far they have come on the big Oculus Rift melding Brad touted in the begining. :)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Man, time flies when you're having fun.... wait... what are we talking about the flying, comic book text, spell casting chick Pantheon or the fuzzy troll Pantheon?

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Not sure if ti was Brad who said it or not, but they are using Unity to speed up the development time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user