Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crowdfunded then. Point is that they are in a similar situation as the other small team mmos and updates are very few and far between. Mmo's require a massive amount of man hours to make. Even big studios take years to complete them.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
My philosophy on Pantheon is 'maybe one day there will be an mmo worth playing again.' Soon would be great, but they have a wide lane and nothing comparable coming out. I don't want them to mess it up.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any Poe players here may know the coward’s trial map. I’ve done some rotations on that map to grind xp while semi afk. Boring but great when ur not looking at the screen half the time. One thing tho I’ve noticed is in a lot of those maps specifically u see people start shooter shit with each other in chat , linking items makin jokes etc. u never have that with poorjoys which is a map where u are constantly moving fas. it kinda took me back to old school mmo memories so I do think there is some merit to it possibly coming back. I guess the trick is how to bring back that social element without just making things static and boring (which that map is)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Holy shit! Does that mean we see more than 4 zones now?!!!! This game going places.

iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
So, it looks like some investor funded this thing to some significant degree. They dropped a few nuggets in today's newsletter:

"Due to recent funding goals being met we are expanding the team once again". They are hiring four positions previously mentioned in this thread. Lead character animator is particularly good news I guess, the animations have been bad.

Also, this statement was interesting, "we are still partially a crowdfunded game and rely on your contributions to keep growing our team and expediting development". The last I had heard, they were almost completely crowdfunded with the exception of some help with Series A funding from an angel investor three years ago. So, now crowdfunding sounds like a minor part of the financial situation. This leads me to believe that somebody or multiple somebodies invested significant capital.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Newsletter - October 2018

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
So you are essentially saying...

This could turn it around for Pantheon?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's been in production long enough for that trust fund kid whose lawyer saved him from pissing it all away on Pantheon to turn 18 hasn't it?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
"Crowdfunding" for a game that also receives investment is another way of saying "investment without return"

But my $10,000 investment gets my game released! That's all the return I need!!!!!!

Also some sweet in-gme loot and maybe a cloth map.

Don't you dare say there's no return on those pledge tiers.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hard for you to imagine but some people want a classic style mmo THAT bad.

Pixels are a helluva drug.

Grundge

Trakanon Raider
I just hope they don't rush in putting this game out so they can make sure it runs well.

That being said, I also hope it will be senior citizen friendly, like super sized fonts and a reminder of what you are doing every 30 secs. Most things considered I'm in pretty good shape now but who knows what condition I will be like when this releases in a couple decades from now.

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I just hope they don't rush in putting this game out so they can make sure it runs well.

That being said, I also hope it will be senior citizen friendly, like super sized fonts and a reminder of what you are doing every 30 secs. Most things considered I'm in pretty good shape now but who knows what condition I will be like when this releases in a couple decades from now.

Don't worry, you can customize your "Epilepsy Warning" font when the game starts up.