Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watching a group of faggots beating up a wolf with 80s style claymation graphics for 10 minutes then sitting on their dick for another minutes waiting for said wolf to respawn isn’t 100 hours of game play. For fucks sake, I can understand the desire for an old school MMO but you Pantheon nuts are like fucking flat earthers in your level of denial.

This game is not for you. Not every game in development is meant for everyone. You know some people love fishing, others think it's the most boring thing. Relax, playing Pantheon is not mandatory. What I saw is beautiful, just beautiful, and I can't wait to play it.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Repost
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 6 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
What I find more interesting is usually the Pantheon shills are people with 10 posts, no avatar, and really don't participate in this community beyond the "Pantheon will ROXXXORS" posts.

It's ok though little buddy because deep down "It's gonna rock"

falling-rock.jpg
Well, I post a lot of the Monthly updates and videos for Pantheon but I dont consider myself a shill...I have no dog in this race, I just want a good old school MMO that is group centric and class defined (Im so fucking sick of the everyone can do everything shit).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This game is not for you. Not every game in development is meant for everyone. You know some people love fishing, others think it's the most boring thing. Relax, playing Pantheon is not mandatory. What I saw is beautiful, just beautiful, and I can't wait to play it.

Er, no. We are exactly the intended audience for this. Everyone else has moved on from this dead era of the genre.

We mock this (rightly so) and trash McQuaid for the things that he is, but we are the people that will be playing this if it's good. This shit will be F2P trashware within a year without grabbing the attention of the bitter MMO vets. One key way to turn out to be a trash game is by brainless idiots blowing smoke up their asses and pretending like this has all but the smallest chances of turning out to be worth the disk space it occupies.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Er, no. We are exactly the intended audience for this. Everyone else has moved on from this dead era of the genre.

We mock this (rightly so) and trash McQuaid for the things that he is, but we are the people that will be playing this if it's good. This shit will be F2P trashware within a year without grabbing the attention of the bitter MMO vets. One key way to turn out to be a trash game is by brainless idiots blowing smoke up their asses and pretending like this has all but the smallest chances of turning out to be worth the disk space it occupies.

You do realize that is just one opinion, right? People can hold a contrary opinion to yours. Neither party can claim to be right until it actually releases. Stop acting like you know the future.

Brad has earned a lot of bad will he gets. But most people in this thread are simply trying to out edgelord the other. It gets old.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You do realize that is just one opinion, right? People can hold a contrary opinion to yours. Neither party can claim to be right until it actually releases. Stop acting like you know the future.

Brad has earned a lot of bad will he gets. But most people in this thread are simply trying to out edgelord the other. It gets old.

This thread has been going for five years. Every comment -- yours, his, mine -- is recycled 20 times now.

• 1Truth!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

It's not opinion. He's designing a game that is aimed at the type of people that frequent this forum. We've probably generated more text on the subject of it than the majority of the other small communities combined that actually give some modicum of shit about this.

There's no reason to think that the game has any chance at success outside of being popular with the audience it's designed for.

And if you want to keep at the "just opinion" angle, then realize that I was responding to someone saying that the game was not for someone else, despite them being the exact person Brad wants to play the game. This makes it factually incorrect, and not a matter of opinion.

And really, if you're looking for something other than people trying to "out edgelord" eachother in a thread specifically focused around shitposting about the game, then you're wasting your time, because this edgelord train ain't got no breaks

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If this game had focused on just being a hardcore MMORPG, have a playable amount of content on release, and have a reasonable schedule of releasing new content, I could have easily been playing this right now. Maybe I wouldn't have played long, but it would have been +1 to sales. I play an occasional EQ TLP, I can't lie and say I wouldn't play a game like this.

All the extra pipedream bullshit needs to be tossed out the window. Want to add new shit to the genre? Do it with major content patches or an expansion when you already have your hooks into your players.

This is almost exactly like Duke Nukem Forever, promises for years of how awesome its going to be, and all the new shit added to the game blah blah. They remade the game how many times, and in the end it was awful, boring, and dated.

It's a joke now, and it's one of our favorite dead horses to kick here at FoH. It deserves the ridicule.

Start showing me some real progress in this so called hardcore MMORPG, and I'll show some real interest. I'm just tired of all the damn talk and promises.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If this game had focused on just being a hardcore MMORPG, have a playable amount of content on release, and have a reasonable schedule of releasing new content, I could have easily been playing this right now. Maybe I wouldn't have played long, but it would have been +1 to sales. I play an occasional EQ TLP, I can't lie and say I wouldn't play a game like this.

All the extra pipedream bullshit needs to be tossed out the window. Want to add new shit to the genre? Do it with major content patches or an expansion when you already have your hooks into your players.

This is almost exactly like Duke Nukem Forever, promises for years of how awesome its going to be, and all the new shit added to the game blah blah. They remade the game how many times, and in the end it was awful, boring, and dated.

It's a joke now, and it's one of our favorite dead horses to kick here at FoH. It deserves the ridicule.

Start showing me some real progress in this so called hardcore MMORPG, and I'll show some real interest. I'm just tired of all the damn talk and promises.

Funny you should mention 3D realms. Their new game is being made in the OG Quake engine

Wrath: Aeon of Ruin Is an FPS Made in the Original Quake Engine, but It Feels Brand New - IGN

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They have so much experience working with old engines too...

Actually that looks kinda interesting.

Yep, they're vets at old engines like these and this old engine was one of the best ever made and has had over two decades of community work put into every aspect of it.

Pantheon is being made by a drug addict with a gaggle of volunteers, interns, and the cheapest devs available in an engine that is shit for MMO's.

My money is on the Duke Nukem Forever clowns in this face-off.

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

• 11Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It's not opinion. He's designing a game that is aimed at the type of people that frequent this forum. We've probably generated more text on the subject of it than the majority of the other small communities combined that actually give some modicum of shit about this.

There's no reason to think that the game has any chance at success outside of being popular with the audience it's designed for.

And if you want to keep at the "just opinion" angle, then realize that I was responding to someone saying that the game was not for someone else, despite them being the exact person Brad wants to play the game. This makes it factually incorrect, and not a matter of opinion.

And really, if you're looking for something other than people trying to "out edgelord" eachother in a thread specifically focused around shitposting about the game, then you're wasting your time, because this edgelord train ain't got no breaks

View attachment 197373

View attachment 197372
View attachment 197374

The fact remains that damn near every last one of you edgelords will buy this if/when it releases. Complaining the entire time. Having fun with the rest of us. That’s just what we do here. Why act like you won’t?

• 2Pants on Fire!
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The fact remains that damn near every last one of you edgelords will buy this if/when it releases. Complaining the entire time. Having fun with the rest of us. That’s just what we do here. Why act like you won’t?

You have an awful lot of opinions on a thread you clearly don't actually read, or you would have seen pretty much every single one of us "edgelords" admitting we'd snort this shit up like coke if it turns out to be worth a damn. McQuaid doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on this shit. He had his chances and blew them off the backs of some syphilitic hookers. It's up to him to prove us wrong.

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

Will he fall backwards this time around, or faceplant again.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
You have an awful lot of opinions on a thread you clearly don't actually read, or you would have seen pretty much every single one of us "edgelords" admitting we'd snort this shit up like coke if it turns out to be worth a damn. McQuaid doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on this shit. He had his chances and blew them off the backs of some syphilitic hookers. It's up to him to prove us wrong.

View attachment 197386

Will he fall backwards this time around, or faceplant again.

Fucking Nov 16ers. Check your privilege son.

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Nope. It's not '99 anymore and I'm not in high school anymore. Games like this simply aren't for the average adult with full time work/family.

Not to mention it just looks awful.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I take it all back, the retard shill faggots in this thread make a compelling argument, zero evidence, ignoring past history and behavior, but this will totally come out bug free and perfect, . Pantheon will be amazing and totally come out and it will be the highest grossing game of all time, and it won't look like 80's claymation dogshit.

MOPz.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Repost

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll have you know that I'm a part of much loved '05'ers. I joined just in time to get Vanguarded upside the head.

Us 2002 bros rocked it

God damn 05’rs you and Sukteh.

TwoBitWhore wtf happened to him too.

• 1Like

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
March 7, 2019 Developer Roundtable
Very poor transcription attached, lots of paraphrasing, my snark enclosed in [ ].
(I was unable to post it as plain text, over 20k char limit.. trying attachment..)

____
Don't like my work? Feel free to fix it or do it yourself. :)

Attachments

• pantheon-march7-2019-dev-roundtable.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 33