Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Honestly, I think if the game even has the possibility of being worth a shit, we'll find out when they reveal Project Faer'Thel (or whatever).

For now, I'm still in the middle. Being able to see one zone "complete" with all systems in place will tell me all I want to know.

But what I find most fascinating about this whole thread, is how different people define success. For me, if it:

1) Releases
2) I'm able to run around in it
3) They break even financially
4) Manage to keep the lights on for a minimum of 5 years

I'd consider that 'success'. I don't really give a shit if it's just a few whales playing it. I don't care if the whole gaming industry shits on it. I'm not even considering expansions at this point.

I can play some pretty bad games and be happy.

But why not play good games and be happier?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
I don't agree with the shill stuff really outside of LARP'ing, but I do think that a lot of the defenders of this are doing so from a place of naivety, and fail completely at providing any logical reason that they think it will release, let alone be good. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that it won't though.

And as has been mentioned many times, we all want this to succeed. We hate it because we care. And as fans of a dying genre: it's all we got man!

I don't think anyone who has played and lived mmo's since the 90's. Who've seen the rise and fall of countless proposed mmo's is coming from a place of naivety.

The opposite looks true to me. That people here have been slapped across the face so many times, that when finally someone offers them some cake, they duck their head in a Pavlovian response.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't think anyone who has played and lived mmo's since the 90's. Who've seen the rise and fall of countless proposed mmo's is coming from a place of naivety.

The opposite looks true to me. That people here have been slapped across the face so many times, that when finally someone offers them some cake, they duck their head in a Pavlovian response.

Well, the cake being offered is more like a Twinkie. They sell it as the same old fun snack of our childhood...and then we discover it was processed in 1974 and still looks the same.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m so blown away that people think this is still going to release and be good. You people are

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Brad fucked over the original Pantheon team and took all the kickstarter money didn't he?

I mean he's made some really fucking bad decisions regarding this game and most of them are documented here.

Yep, and all the shills ignore all the fucked up things that have gone on with Pantheon and insist everyone here are just holding grudges from EQ/Vanguard.

iPWFD30.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Smithy

Trakanon Raider
I've responded to your idiotic views on D&D in the DM thread, and recognized your name. If I wanted to view your post history, I'd just have to click one button I'd see all of them listed on a page so small it could fit on one screen. Jump in and join the conversation instead of run-by "yer stupid!" posts.

And you're right about spending my time on a game I'll never play, because it will never release

View attachment 197531
You really think you're smart and clever, it's hilarious. It's just the internet buddy, don't take it seriously, you aren't winning anything.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean he asked for money from the good will of the community then used it to pay his personal bills and fucked over the rest of his team by giving them nothing so many quit and he was down to some cray cray Christian bitch making fuzzy trolls. I mean he has only lied and fucked over everyone around him time after time, but this time will be different.

So many of these dipshits like Grimm sound like battered wives in denial. I know he keeps beating the shit out of me but he loves me and promised this time it would be different. They are so deep in their denial that these stupid cunts lash out at the voices of reason trying to tell them not to go back.
Holy shit how many people have to have thumbs up your posts to be this fucking delusional?? If you ever turned your overly critical eye inward you would realize you are everything you outlandishly claim others are. These people who repeatedly say Brad is a piece of shit but I still have hope. These supposed shills who parrot many of the same thing said by the 9 out of 10 edge lords except that they still hope its a good game. Hope isn't delusion its not confidence and its not something that means anyone thinks Brad is redeemable. It simply means in a dearth of anything to play besides TLP 8888889988 people hope something comes out in this genre. Not one person has said Brad deserves a break, or Brad is a good guy, or Brad just made a few mistakes holy fuck do people even read posts anymore? No matter what anyone has said about this video game to compare them to battered women is just so delusional its insane. Bro, you won't take this advice but man look in the fucking mirror one time. No one is defending Brad at this point in this thread with maybe the exception of Laura. You repeat the same fucking thing endlessly about Brad touched my weewee and fucked everyone over yet you still slaver here waiting to pounce on anything not 100% parroting you. We know he is a shit head it had nothing to do with wanting a game, this game or that one to come out and be playable.

Here is to see if people actually read posts anymore. I doubt this will release but if it does and is ok it is for the good of games we all came here for. Brad is not a good person and how he gets folks to work for him I don't know. How many fuckers can call me a shill this time?

P.S. Boozecube what is more delusional people hoping a game that is at least named and being worked on comes out and is enjoyable no matter who releases it; or someone replying to every person that does with the exact same stuff everyone already knows 10000 times over?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Repost
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Holy shit how many people have to have thumbs up your posts to be this fucking delusional?? If you ever turned your overly critical eye inward you would realize you are everything you outlandishly claim others are. These people who repeatedly say Brad is a piece of shit but I still have hope. These supposed shills who parrot many of the same thing said by the 9 out of 10 edge lords except that they still hope its a good game. Hope isn't delusion its not confidence and its not something that means anyone thinks Brad is redeemable. It simply means in a dearth of anything to play besides TLP 8888889988 people hope something comes out in this genre. Not one person has said Brad deserves a break, or Brad is a good guy, or Brad just made a few mistakes holy fuck do people even read posts anymore? No matter what anyone has said about this video game to compare them to battered women is just so delusional its insane. Bro, you won't take this advice but man look in the fucking mirror one time. No one is defending Brad at this point in this thread with maybe the exception of Laura. You repeat the same fucking thing endlessly about Brad touched my weewee and fucked everyone over yet you still slaver here waiting to pounce on anything not 100% parroting you. We know he is a shit head it had nothing to do with wanting a game, this game or that one to come out and be playable.

Here is to see if people actually read posts anymore. I doubt this will release but if it does and is ok it is for the good of games we all came here for. Brad is not a good person and how he gets folks to work for him I don't know. How many fuckers can call me a shill this time?

P.S. Boozecube what is more delusional people hoping a game that is at least named and being worked on comes out and is enjoyable no matter who releases it; or someone replying to every person that does with the exact same stuff everyone already knows 10000 times over?

Good post random dude, with no avatar and very little post history. Flipping his shit in favor of Pantheon, but totally not a shill. How could anyone ever come to that conclusion.

P.S. The rules of "Patheon: The Forum Game" were made clear long ago and every time someone loses their shit like this it's just another 1000 points added to the top score.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
ok... I need to help this guy out and his alpha comments.

First, he's believing their actual progress. The whole, "We' have to fall way behind for that to happen." Was a community guy listening to a bunch of bull crap. Whatever progress they had made was either not enough for wasn't good. This isn't about polish or completion. This isn't necessarily a knock on Pantheon/VR directly, this is just how game devs/studios work. I appreciate the dude for believing everyone at their word but I'd be willing to bet the Community guy he's speaking to isn't getting the complete truth.

Next, 1000's of players walking around alpha. I just don't know about that... maybe 100's but I just don't see this being a major event like he thinks. Maybe i'm wrong but I think once alpha gets started it's going to move at a snail's pace and it's going to be all uphill. Again, nothing against Pantheon/VR, it's reality that this team is small, the game is still evolving, and they don't necessarily have the leading people in the game dev world working with a ton of money behind them.

Pantheon needs to get their stories straight and their stories out for the sake of the community.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I first came for the fallen...and twenty years later I'll still be coming for the fallen.

iu
iu

• 2Like