Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Pantheon solo class revealed.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 I pledged $250 on Kickstarter for this project that was supposed to be delivered by the year 2017. I was guaranteed a crap ton of rewards including "very early access to the game as a tester." Note the "very early" part that I quoted from the pledge rewards.

When the kickstarter campaigj failed, I followed Brad to their website like all the other good little fanatics. I willingly pledged money directly to Brad and company on their website. I eventually even setup a monthly subscription with them to increase my pledge amount.

All of this was based on full belief that something real and tangible would come from all of it.

To this very day, I still have not gotten ANY access to the game little lone "very early" access.

I've watched as they have continued to change their pledge statuses. I've watched as new ones have been added and old ones have been removed. I've watched as they have SOLD "very early" access for great amounts of money to johny-come-lately folks that wanted to see what the Pantheon hype train was all about.

And.... I still have not gained ANY access to the game.

It has been FIVE fucking years since I pledged my money to this "game". FIVE YEARS! My pledge ranking does not even exist anymore on their website. There is no pledge that even resembles what my pledge was back when I first paid them.

In essence, I was erased. Oh. I still have an account on their website with what they now call my pledge ranking, but it is NOT the same as the pledge I paid for so long ago. No no no. Some of my pledge rewards don't even exist anymore, and some have been given to others that paid way more than I did back then.

Plain and simple, I feel robbed, scammed, and cheated.

I met Brad McQuaid at one of the SoE Fan Faires so many years ago, and it was a highlight in my gaming history. I really thought he was going to make a come back with Pantheon.

I was a fool. I was lied to. I was cheated. I was taken advantage of, and I was cast aside by my gaming hero, and for what really? Seriously. WHAT ... THE ... LITERAL ... FUCK!

All this time, and they have what... 2 zones... 3 maybe. The characters look like ass and the combat animations look armature at best. It reminds me of the horribly animated player characters in Vanguard:SoH.

And, on that note, the similarities to Vanguard (not the good ones mind you, but the BAD similarities) are glaring and hard if not impossible to ignore. Everything that was BAD about Vanguard:SoH is showing up in the streams and screenshots that have come out for Pantheon. Do you all remember how fucking stupid looking it was to dual wield in Vangaurd:SoH? The character's literally just thrusts both hands forward at the same time. EverQuest, a 15 year old game at that time, had better character animations. Look at the character animations in Pantheon. They are eerily similar in how horrible they look. I just can't help but wonder how many other piss poor design decisions have made their way from Vanguard to Pantheon as well.

Hey... Yall enjoy your hype train. I'm jumping off for now. Fuck Pantheon, and fuck Brad for scamming me out of my money AND dreams.

• 8Worf
  • 3Mother of God
  • 2Seriously?
Reactions: 18 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 I pledged $250 on Kickstarter for this project that was supposed to be delivered by the year 2017. I was guaranteed a crap ton of rewards including "very early access to the game as a tester." Note the "very early" part that I quoted from the pledge rewards.

When the kickstarter campaigj failed, I followed Brad to their website like all the other good little fanatics. I willingly pledged money directly to Brad and company on their website. I eventually even setup a monthly subscription with them to increase my pledge amount.

All of this was based on full belief that something real and tangible would come from all of it.

To this very day, I still have not gotten ANY access to the game little lone "very early" access.

I've watched as they have continued to change their pledge statuses. I've watched as new ones have been added and old ones have been removed. I've watched as they have SOLD "very early" access for great amounts of money to johny-come-lately folks that wanted to see what the Pantheon hype train was all about.

It has been FIVE fucking years since I pledged my money to this "game". FIVE YEARS! My pledge ranking does not even exist anymore on their website. There is no pledge that even resembles what my pledge was back when I first paid them.

In essence, I was erased. Oh. I still have an account on their website with what they now call my pledge ranking, but it is NOT the same as the pledge I paid for so long ago. No no no. Some of my pledge rewards don't even exist anymore, and some have been given to others that paid way more than I did back then.

I met Brad McQuaid at one of the SoE Fan Faires so many years ago, and it was a highlight in my gaming history. I really thought he was going to make a come back with Pantheon.

I was a fool. I was lied to. I was cheated. I was taken advantage of, and I was cast aside by my gaming hero, and for what really? Seriously. WHAT ... THE ... LITERAL ... FUCK!

All this time, and they have what... 2 zones... 3 maybe. The characters look like ass and the combat animations look armature at best. It reminds me of the horribly animated player characters in Vanguard:SoH.

And, on that note, the similarities to Vanguard (not the good ones mind you, but the BAD similarities) are glaring and hard if not impossible to ignore. Everything that was BAD about Vanguard:SoH is showing up in the streams and screenshots that have come out for Pantheon. Do you all remember how fucking stupid looking it was to dual wield in Vangaurd:SoH? The character's literally just thrusts both hands forward at the same time. EverQuest, a 15 year old game at that time, had better character animations. Look at the character animations in Pantheon. They are eerily similar in how horrible they look. I just can't help but wonder how many other piss poor design decisions have made their way from Vanguard to Pantheon as well.

Hey... Yall enjoy your hype train. I'm jumping off for now. Fuck Pantheon, and fuck Brad for scamming me out of my money AND dreams.

Wait, you actually gave money to Brad and expected a return?...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

looney-tunes-sucker-o.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider

Whatcha gonna do with that account? You remember what your pledge was called?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried to give them $15 for a potential copy of the game in the original kickstarter, back in 2013 or 2014?? I can't remember if my card was never charged or refunded, but effectively, they didn't get anything from me.

Other than that, I have tried to refrain from straight up bashing them, giving the the time and patience to produce a finished product worth buying. I thought '16 and '17 where actually promising, but all that good-will was completely squandered in the last year and a half.

They lost me last November with their Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - November 2018 Pledge Drive. It was a clear to me that they are nothing more than Televangelists milking their mentally feeble supporters for every dime that they have. This was after a full year of showing zero progress on embarrassing rehashed Twitch stream after embarrassing Twitch stream, and missing their promises of an Alpha/Beta deadlines by years.

• 1Solidarity

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I tried to give them $15 for a potential copy of the game in the original kickstarter, back in 2013 or 2014?? I can't remember if my card was never charged or refunded, but effectively, they didn't get anything from me.

Other than that, I have tried to refrain from straight up bashing them, giving the the time and patience to produce a finished product worth buying. I thought '16 and '17 where actually promising, but all that good-will was completely squandered in the last year and a half.

They lost me last November with their Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - November 2018 Pledge Drive. It was a clear to me that they are nothing more than Televangelists milking their mentally feeble supporters for every dime that they have. This was after a full year of showing zero progress on embarrassing rehashed Twitch stream after embarrassing Twitch stream, and missing their promises of an Alpha/Beta deadlines by years.
Precisely. I wasn't against Pantheon from the beginning. It's just that over time, it has become blatantly obvious that things are not as they appear. Now normally, I would say oh I'm probably wrong, and this is just a conspiracy theory. But, when it comes to Brad, you have to take in to account what he did at Sigil Games on Vanguard while Microsoft was footing the bill. You can't ignore that. He straight up scammed a multi-billion dollar company on Vanguard. If they had REAL progress over all these years in Pantheon, then you MIGHT be able to say, "ok he learned his lesson and cleaned up." ..... but .... no. Their progress on Pantheon after five years is abysmal at best.

When push comes to shove and nobody will give him anymore money no matter what he promises in his NEXT round of funding (free blowjobs with every $500 pledge), he will do what he did with Vanguard. He will release a barely started project as a finished game that will run like complete ass.

Mark my words, he will blame all of us, the community, for its failure because he will say he COULD have finished it IF the community would have just pledged more money to fund it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I completely agree. I was a 100% sucker. You live and you learn.

Admitting and accepting responsibility for your mistakes is one of the many steps to becoming one of the fallen.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would say its about time for their monthly newsletter. Im passively hoping its something more than some no name hooker telling us about how she took 5 minutes to come up with the name SexxyLexxy in a strip club.

• 1Worf

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The newsletter will just be we are polishing the same 2 zones again text , really bad photoshops of enchanters and finally a couple of terrible renders of models.

Jobs a good un for the next 6 months.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

lj194Nh.jpg

gzQ5DlV.gif

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

If you need another drugged out has-been to sponsor, I think I can help you with directions.