Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Sevens

Log Wizard
I agree, its been way to fucking long.What is it now, 5-6 yrs? I tried to give him like $20 or some shit during kickstarter, but that shit failed so he never got my money. But there is no way he, or any game for that matter, would see a $250+ donation from me. That shit is bat shit crazy.

I understand that this team is probably 5 people in the back of a garage somewhere, but I also dont understand/trust that if hes got something playable at this point, why hes not getting real investor money. Leads me to think that this is nothing more than a pipe dream still.
Actually the names they have listed as the Board of Directors seems pretty legit, and even thought Chris Perkins is a noob at game designing I still have a bit of faith in him. He is the ONLY reason this thing is still even chugging along at the pace it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think for the majority of us are just in the "wait and see" category.

Not me, man. I'm in the "watch the world burn and laugh about it while it does" catagory. Brad fucked me with Vanguard, he's not gonna get another chance.

The state of the game is the only thing that seems considerably off. I dont quite understand why... if its playable enough for a twitch stream, why this wouldnt be considered Alpha right now? Why they arent at least letting players roam around the three supposed WoW-Class Barren Size maps and two dungeons that they have. They look playable to me. The classes look playable to me. Why havent they let these guys that did give money just play that? It'll be under NDA, so I dont get it? So of course people are starting to think the game is a farce. Is the server infastructure on the back burner? Sharding on the back burner? Something at this point needs to be addressed for the "Stage of the Game" soon.

Because what you're seeing is all that there is.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wont lie, the abilities on the Enchanter look pretty solid. Very EQ-esque obviously, but the whole kit looks pretty cool (I dont know of any other game that has that flavor of class with similar abilities). I hope they dont have some ridiculously low duration on some of those buffs though. I rarely visit the website, but this time I noticed they have all the classes and abilities up for viewing now. Warrior seems like they'll play like a spastic WoW Classic Shaman though. Banners all the time, jumping and sprinting all over the place.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Enchanter is playable as a dwarf. It was a good run guys back off the train.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
All right, lets see how old some of you are.

little-house-intro-fall-o.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
You're gonna just straight up break out LHotP?
I dunno man.. doesn't seem right to have it in the same place as Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
For your consideration

I love how the first section of the news letters it "Give Money PLOX"

Last week, Brad McQuaid and Chris Rowan were at E3 for some business development meetings. We continue discussions with potential business partners where it makes sense. Pantheon remains dedicated to its vision of challenging, group-oriented, social gameplay, so we seek out like-minded partners, or often they seek us out. It’s always reassuring to connect with people who understand and support our goals with this game, and we never forget the community that has brought us here, and we maintain our commitment to you, too.

To date, Pantheon has been largely crowdfunded. We do have some private funding, but a large portion of the game is being made because of you and your pledges. Crowdfunding continues at a reliable pace, ensuring that Pantheon will succeed. That said, we are still exploring funding opportunities with other types of partners that would allow us to further accelerate development.

Knowing that those who have pledged are as dedicated to seeing this project come to life as we are, we want you to know that we are listening, and want to offer you many of the things you have been asking for in terms of pledges.

As part of our ongoing efforts to fulfil requests, we are pleased to announce that you can now upgrade your packages andtransfer most existing rewards into the new package. For example, say you got one of those rare lifetime subscriptions that were available for a very short window in 2014—you can now keep that lifetime sub if you upgrade.

Now, not all items are available for transfer to a new pledge, but most are. Here is a list of what will automatically be transferred upon pledge:

• Any titles

• Any game subscriptions

• Item Renaming Certificates

• Physical Item rewards; e.g. Cloth map, postcard from the team

• Any invite to pre-release testing (if you currently have a pledge that allows for pre alpha testing, you won't lose that access when upgrading to a package that only has alpha and beta testing)

• Any retired in-game pledge reward

• Any retired Name an Item/NPC/Place of Interest or Design an Item/Quest reward

We have also added a Design a Quest reward to the Reignborn and retired Aesthetician pledges. This reward will be retroactively awarded should you already have one of these packages. Design a Quest allows you to join the Pantheon Design team via conference call for an epic quest line design. You will sit in on the call with the team and offer your thoughts and feedback including the quest story, requirements, and its rewards

We are also making the Reignborn pledge available via monthly installments. You can select this or any other pledge today by visiting our store at https://pantheonmmo.com/join.

(We know that there are a dizzying number of pledge options, old and new; if you have any questions or concerns about YOUR pledge status or rewards, please contact our Customer Service team and they will be more than happy to help—they’re working hard to ensure that all rewards are carefully tracked. The Pantheon Support Team)

As always, thank you for your continued support and patience while we forge ahead with Project Faerthale. We can’t wait to show you more soon!

Cash grab 4 lyfe.

AchingAshamedAngwantibo-size_restricted.gif

goishen

Macho Ma'am

huh? Am I the only one not able to grasp this?

By the way, they have 2 entire zones, and a raid scalable encounter now. 'Cause ya know, every time I hit zone 2 I'm thinking about the endgame.

• 2Worf
  • 1Repost
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To be fair, I think that kind of answered Pharone Pharone 's concerns. A small part of me still gives them some benefit of the doubt just because Ive ran a business before. However, I was making money as I was running it - but I guess you could compare that to the pledges. It's interesting that a lot of things that were in the boards discussion about the game the last week or so has found a way into subject matter for the newsletter, though. Hrmmm

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I am surprised with all of this epic game store exclusively money being tossed around that they have not tried to jump on that bandwagon.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I worfed at this section.

As part of our ongoing efforts to fulfil requests, we are pleased to announce that you can now upgrade your packages and transfer most existing rewards into the new package. For example, say you got one of those rare lifetime subscriptions that were available for a very short window in 2014—you can now keep that lifetime sub if you upgrade.

Fuck yeah time to celebrate I can keep the lifetime sub I already paid for if I just pay more!

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users