Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Michael_Bay_Swingset.0.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

So the IGA Kickstarted Bloodstained was years behind, had a 3rd party company (the people that did shontae) come in and help...they kept adding little things...kept just giving us monthly updates with fan art....etc.etc... and yet... today, my physical copy has arrived at my door for my PS4...

keep the faith?

• 1Worf

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
So the IGA Kickstarted Bloodstained was years behind, had a 3rd party company (the people that did shontae) come in and help...they kept adding little things...kept just giving us monthly updates with fan art....etc.etc... and yet... today, my physical copy has arrived at my door for my PS4...

keep the faith?

I'm still cautiously optimistic. There's no reason not to be. The project as a whole, as well as the actual team, is growing every few months. Brad is essentially a PR marketing name at this point only, Chris Perkins is running the project, and I do have some actual faith in him. The CEO is legitimate and has a solid track record. And they have hired some relatively known commodities in the MMO space as of late. We'll see what happens with Project Faerthale which should be finalized and revealed within the next few weeks or months. There are going to be several new zones, a city, a raid encounter, new animations, new character models, new VFX, and I would anticipate the official Summoner and Druid reveals. They took the game down for half a year to finalize this build, if it doesn't deliver, my cautious optimism is going to evaporate quickly.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If only we could all just sit on our ass for a year and half doing nothing, all while collecting paychecks the whole time. Then, steal another companies work and have people say, "Thats not a bad thing, IMHO".

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kay

Golden Squire
We'll see what happens with Project Faerthale which should be finalized and revealed within the next few weeks or months.
Don't you mean years? I think they've already been "hard at work" on it for over a year. I mean, the spinning orc model took eight months at least. August 2018 to April 2019. There's a hell of a lot more to do for that project than models that seem to have wildly surpassed their 1-4 weeks creation time estimates.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It's kind'a like somebody on here said about a twitch stream...

"I wish that Brad would just give it up, and start snorting Oxy on stream. I'd give him a whole dollar."

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 I pledged $250 on Kickstarter for this project that was supposed to be delivered by the year 2017. I was guaranteed a crap ton of rewards including "very early access to the game as a tester." Note the "very early" part that I quoted from the pledge rewards.

When the kickstarter campaigj failed, I followed Brad to their website like all the other good little fanatics. I willingly pledged money directly to Brad and company on their website. I eventually even setup a monthly subscription with them to increase my pledge amount.

All of this was based on full belief that something real and tangible would come from all of it.

To this very day, I still have not gotten ANY access to the game little lone "very early" access.

I've watched as they have continued to change their pledge statuses. I've watched as new ones have been added and old ones have been removed. I've watched as they have SOLD "very early" access for great amounts of money to johny-come-lately folks that wanted to see what the Pantheon hype train was all about.

And.... I still have not gained ANY access to the game.

It has been FIVE fucking years since I pledged my money to this "game". FIVE YEARS! My pledge ranking does not even exist anymore on their website. There is no pledge that even resembles what my pledge was back when I first paid them.

In essence, I was erased. Oh. I still have an account on their website with what they now call my pledge ranking, but it is NOT the same as the pledge I paid for so long ago. No no no. Some of my pledge rewards don't even exist anymore, and some have been given to others that paid way more than I did back then.

Plain and simple, I feel robbed, scammed, and cheated.

I met Brad McQuaid at one of the SoE Fan Faires so many years ago, and it was a highlight in my gaming history. I really thought he was going to make a come back with Pantheon.

I was a fool. I was lied to. I was cheated. I was taken advantage of, and I was cast aside by my gaming hero, and for what really? Seriously. WHAT ... THE ... LITERAL ... FUCK!

All this time, and they have what... 2 zones... 3 maybe. The characters look like ass and the combat animations look armature at best. It reminds me of the horribly animated player characters in Vanguard:SoH.

And, on that note, the similarities to Vanguard (not the good ones mind you, but the BAD similarities) are glaring and hard if not impossible to ignore. Everything that was BAD about Vanguard:SoH is showing up in the streams and screenshots that have come out for Pantheon. Do you all remember how fucking stupid looking it was to dual wield in Vangaurd:SoH? The character's literally just thrusts both hands forward at the same time. EverQuest, a 15 year old game at that time, had better character animations. Look at the character animations in Pantheon. They are eerily similar in how horrible they look. I just can't help but wonder how many other piss poor design decisions have made their way from Vanguard to Pantheon as well.

Hey... Yall enjoy your hype train. I'm jumping off for now. Fuck Pantheon, and fuck Brad for scamming me out of my money AND dreams.

Holy fuck. Good post and it takes a brave man to admit he's been conned...AGAIN. I don't see where anyone can dispute your post, which is the truly sad part. A few zones. Regurgitated COHCARNAGE! shit over and over. Poor animations, bad art. That enchanter looks like he's wearing a cheap Walmart ensemble for his next Vanguard cosplay. Dead pledges...over 5 YEARS of barely anything. It blows my mind it's been so long since we made fun of that kickstarter. I can't believe Brad is still getting money from people. What the Pantheon finish line will look like. Convo Convo hasn't even posted on the forum the past year. Is the dude still alive or with Pantheon?

tenor.gif

• 1Like

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck. Good post and it takes a brave man to admit he's been conned...AGAIN. I don't see where anyone can dispute your post, which is the truly sad part. A few zones. Regurgitated COHCARNAGE! shit over and over. Poor animations, bad art. That enchanter looks like he's wearing a cheap Walmart ensemble for his next Vanguard cosplay. Dead pledges...over 5 YEARS of barely anything. It blows my mind it's been so long since we made fun of that kickstarter. I can't believe Brad is still getting money from people. What the Pantheon finish line will look like. Convo Convo hasn't even posted on the forum the past year. Is the dude still alive or with Pantheon?

tenor.gif

I don't get how you can be angry. How people these days can believe that giving money to any kick starter or pre release purchase without understanding the massive risk these days is boggling.

I gave money to Brad in the chance that a game I enjoy gets made. Like a lotto ticket. If I win, great. If not, I understood what I was getting into.

Gif related. Brad collecting pledges.

• 1Cringe

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't get how you can be angry. How people these days can believe that giving money to any kick starter or pre release purchase without understanding the massive risk these days is boggling.

I gave money to Brad in the chance that a game I enjoy gets made. Like a lotto ticket. If I win, great. If not, I understood what I was getting into.

View attachment 211895

I'm not angry lol and great gif. I didn't donate, was vocal in my misgivings early. I hope something releases but it really isn't high on my desire list. I think its sad where MMOs are not angry. I enjoyed him letting it all out and I find nothing false about his narrative or the opposite. There's almost nothing to see either way. It is stupid to donate to kickstarters and I hope he learned that. Its doubly stupid to donate to brad but it ain't my money. Anyone can have at and ill keep lmao.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think it comes down to if you think they are acting in good faith. So let’s say you support a kickstarter and despite best efforts shit just goes south that’s one thing. Feeling scammed because you are constantly lied to and given smoke and mirrors bullshit is another.

I feel bad for anyone unlucky enough to have been duped by this hack but that’s also why even from day one we have been holding Brad accountable, you go back to the start of this thread and people were not looking at Pantheon as a joke we started by asking Brad legitimate questions and even tried to help him avoid the Kickstarter boondoggle, but the junkie fuck didn’t answer basic questions, couldn’t accept the most basic of criticism and was obvious it was just a paycheck for him and couldn’t care less for the fans of the genre.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think for the majority of us are just in the "wait and see" category. Whether thats the wait and see the release and go in with the lowest of lowest expectations and hope to be surprised, or waiting on the inevitable crash and burn. Vanguard didnt get my money, nor has this game. Though, Pony Tail did get me with EQ:N far before I ever saw the Lion. Theres a good population of people here on the forum that are hoping that it does well. Simply because some just want a fresh new MMO to play, an updated EQ with very similar lines etc.

Right now, I'm looking at just purchasing the expansion to FF14 next month and starting that from scratch with my g/f. Last I played was before Reborn, and its said to be an almost entirely new game now. With the low expectations garnered from my original experience, I cant help but think I'll go into it and be pleasantly surprised. So in a way, I guess the same could be said for how Im going to approach Pantheon if it does indeed come out. It'll at least get a box purchase out of me if they prove they have more content than what they've shown in pre-alpha stage.

The state of the game is the only thing that seems considerably off. I dont quite understand why... if its playable enough for a twitch stream, why this wouldnt be considered Alpha right now? Why they arent at least letting players roam around the three supposed WoW-Class Barren Size maps and two dungeons that they have. They look playable to me. The classes look playable to me. Why havent they let these guys that did give money just play that? It'll be under NDA, so I dont get it? So of course people are starting to think the game is a farce. Is the server infastructure on the back burner? Sharding on the back burner? Something at this point needs to be addressed for the "Stage of the Game" soon.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I agree, its been way to fucking long.What is it now, 5-6 yrs? I tried to give him like $20 or some shit during kickstarter, but that shit failed so he never got my money. But there is no way he, or any game for that matter, would see a $250+ donation from me. That shit is bat shit crazy.

I understand that this team is probably 5 people in the back of a garage somewhere, but I also dont understand/trust that if hes got something playable at this point, why hes not getting real investor money. Leads me to think that this is nothing more than a pipe dream still.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 211895
I've actually kickstarted numerous projects in the past, and I go in to each and every one of them full well knowing it is a gamble. The success rate has been decently high honestly, and one of my favorite board games was actually one of the kickstarters I backed.

Out of all of the kickstarters I have backed, only 1 out right failed. It was a kickstarter for a guy that was creating dice custom made to order. Basically, his kickstarter was to cover the cost of the equipment he needed to purchase to start his custom dice making business. It was a great campaign, and would have been a great for all of the people out there looking to prototype new games. The campaign funded, and things looked like they were going good, but then the guy ran in to extreme health issues. Eventually he told the community that he was not going to be able to run the business because of how bad health he was in, and he offered refunds to all backers. I refused the refund. I told him to keep it because I felt he would need the money more than I considering the hell he was going through with his health. I walked away from the project with out any anger what so ever. It was what it was, and nothing more.

The deal with Pantheon is that the kickstarter was cancelled. It never funded, so he never got any of our money from the kickstarter. It would have been fine and dandy if it had ended there. Instead, Brad put up a website, and scammed all of us out of our money outside of kickstarter.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Enchanter actually looks super hype. Back on the train boys!

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users