Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

This video was released 4 years ago. It's hilarious listening to this guy's hope when he says Pantheon will release in 2017. He mentions this being about a year in on development at that point. If anyone is willing to waste some time watching, there is quite a bit of released content one year in. It's crazy how little has been shown in the past 3 years. I know a lot of teams don't show stuff until closer to alpha, beta, etc but many teams aren't primarily crowdfunded. If I was paying all this time just to watch a few COHCARNAGE! videos a year... I would have gotten beyond discouraged a long time ago. It's crazy this game still doesn't even have an alpha or a concrete alpha timetable over 5 years in. Talk about smoking some hardcore hopium, 5 years in and no alpha even in sight.....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist

This video was released 4 years ago. It's hilarious listening to this guy's hope when he says Pantheon will release in 2017. He mentions this being about a year in on development at that point. If anyone is willing to waste some time watching, there is quite a bit of released content one year in. It's crazy how little has been shown in the past 3 years. I know a lot of teams don't show stuff until closer to alpha, beta, etc but many teams aren't primarily crowdfunded. If I was paying all this time just to watch a few COHCARNAGE! videos a year... I would have gotten beyond discouraged a long time ago. It's crazy this game still doesn't even have an alpha or a concrete alpha timetable over 5 years in. Talk about smoking some hardcore hopium, 5 years in and no alpha even in sight.....

The genre is dead. Seems like most "upcoming" mmo's are in a similar situation. Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Ashes of Creation, Star Citizen, Chronicles of Elyria, who knows if any of them will be fully realized.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I bet almost all of those and this MMO right now are...

"Waiting to see what wow classic does to the mom market, and hopefully it reenergize investors!"

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bet almost all of those and this MMO right now are...

"Waiting to see what wow classic does to the mom market, and hopefully it reenergize investors!"

I generally keep a pretty close eye on the mom market myself these days.

In another 20 years, creating a successful mmo is going to look like Stonehenge or the pyramids. We'll have evidence it was done, but no one will be able to figure out how. It's already becoming a lost art.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
6bed7504b71b11cc4a7d47bfb4eb2f3f-1024.gif

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The genre is dead. Seems like most "upcoming" mmo's are in a similar situation. Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Ashes of Creation, Star Citizen, Chronicles of Elyria, who knows if any of them will be fully realized.
It took way too fucking long, but people finally got wise of the fact that the typical MMOs are doing the BARE MINIMUM and charging the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM they can for it.

There's more content in the last FFXIV expansion than in the last 5 expansions for EverQuest combined. And, when I say content, I mean ACTUAL FUCKING CONTENT; not just a handful of reused zones with spreadsheet-generated new gear. People can only get fucked so many times by those half ass greedy bastards at Daybreak Games before they get a clue.

If companies can not put out a MMORPG with the quality of Red Dead Redemption 2, and then put out expansions with that same level of quality every couple years, then they do NOT deserve my money. Why in the fuck should I spend $50 for 6-8 new zones of which 4 of them are reused old zones when I can spend $59 for a tripple A game like Red Dead Redemption 2 that has a fuck ton of content in it, amazing fucking graphics, and God damned awesome looking character animations?

No no no. Fuck EverQuest. Fuck Daybreak Games. Fuck that whole genre. Thank God at least ONE mmorpg broke the mold of shit content; FFXIV.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It took way too fucking long, but people finally got wise of the fact that the typical MMOs are doing the BARE MINIMUM and charging the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM they can for it.

There's more content in the last FFXIV expansion than in the last 5 expansions for EverQuest combined. And, when I say content, I mean ACTUAL FUCKING CONTENT; not just a handful of reused zones with spreadsheet-generated new gear. People can only get fucked so many times by those half ass greedy bastards at Daybreak Games before they get a clue.

If companies can not put out a MMORPG with the quality of Red Dead Redemption 2, and then put out expansions with that same level of quality every couple years, then they do NOT deserve my money. Why in the fuck should I spend $50 for 6-8 new zones of which 4 of them are reused old zones when I can spend $59 for a tripple A game like Red Dead Redemption 2 that has a fuck ton of content in it, amazing fucking graphics, and God damned awesome looking character animations?

No no no. Fuck EverQuest. Fuck Daybreak Games. Fuck that whole genre. Thank God at least ONE mmorpg broke the mold of shit content; FFXIV.

I think even FF14 is guilty of reuse of art assets as everyone else (Across all triple AAA games really) but some just do it in a way where it may not have been seen before anyway. I heard some FF14 assets are reused from 11. I am about to dive down into that one (Thanks for the config tips by the way) but there is a lot of content from what I am hearing. It will be interesting to see for myself.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If Classic WoW pushes Mcquaid's shit in for a second time he might off himself.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
Clasic WoW is going to compete with normal WoW and win. Then it will get all the funding and they'll bring out the xpacs and it'll either be the same tired shit or it will suck. and WoW will finally die by the real WoW killer. Itself.

Right about that time, Pantheon might or might not launch.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider
they should just release brand new expansions for wow classic only and have it be a split in time like an episode of Red Dwarf or something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Clasic WoW is going to compete with normal WoW and win. Then it will get all the funding and they'll bring out the xpacs and it'll either be the same tired shit or it will suck. and WoW will finally die by the real WoW killer. Itself.

Right about that time, Pantheon might or might not launch.

View attachment 214517
For fuck's sake. Is there nothing that they won't fuck up? I mean really. Why in the hell would Diablo go from being a game where you fight the evils of the world to being a game where you fight on the side of evil after all these years? That's just fucking stupid. I guess I can mark Diablo off the list of games I will buy going forward.

As for them not being allowed to mention FFXIV in the Blizzard offices, that made me bust out laughing at work when I read it. What do you people expect when you put out shitty expansion after shitty expansion while another company in your industry is actually putting out exceptional content for the same price? Of course the gamers are going to go to the better product. If anything, Blizzard should be thankful that their customers lasted as long as they did before leaving.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
For fuck's sake. Is there nothing that they won't fuck up? I mean really. Why in the hell would Diablo go from being a game where you fight the evils of the world to being a game where you fight on the side of evil after all these years? That's just fucking stupid. I guess I can mark Diablo off the list of games I will buy going forward.

As for them not being allowed to mention FFXIV in the Blizzard offices, that made me bust out laughing at work when I read it. What do you people expect when you put out shitty expansion after shitty expansion while another company in your industry is actually putting out exceptional content for the same price? Of course the gamers are going to go to the better product. If anything, Blizzard should be thankful that their customers lasted as long as they did before leaving.

As with any leak like that you have to take it with at least a bit of skepticism you know how anonymous shit from 4chan is. That being said the sad part is it's all so very plausible and believable given how Blizzard has been these last few years.

I still think the next big MMORPG breakthrough is going to come via VR tech. I mean the whole point of these games is to get immersed and lost in these worlds and there is no way that isn't the next big step. I would plop down $X dollars a month for a VR EQesque or WoWesque world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users