Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yeh, I'm sure.

download.jpeg

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are going back to monthly streams instead of bi weekly. They said it will allow for a better overview of progress.

Halnir pass should be done soon right?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This is probably not the right attitude to have but knowing Brad isn't a part of this and will not be around to pop in the server when this opens to the public one day and see all of this come together just completely took my interest out of this game. The only reason I had any hope was just so Brad could ship one more game and maybe see a little success. Supporting them is probably the best way to honor him but I haven't looked at anything Pantheon in forever.... I hope it works out for them though.

• 1Picard

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I hate to say this, but without Brad pushing forward so hard, the chance of this game ever going to launch decreases by not just little...

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I don't think Brad was propelling this ship forward as it's moved on leaps and bounds since Joppa took over. When Brad was at the helm as he seemed like more of a hindrance than a help at times. Brad dying is a massive blow no doubt and the people who were saying "well I think I'll buy this cause it's got Brad and the EQ thing going on" won't feel the same way in a couple of years. Peoples memories are really short for that type of thing and Brad will be long forgotten to most.

Time is really of the essence, and they need to get something out in the next 12 months or so otherwise its probably going to fail.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't think Brad was propelling this ship forward as it's moved on leaps and bounds since Joppa took over. When Brad was at the helm as he seemed like more of a hindrance than a help at times. Brad dying is a massive blow no doubt and the people who were saying "well I think I'll buy this cause it's got Brad and the EQ thing going on" won't feel the same way in a couple of years. Peoples memories are really short for that type of thing and Brad will be long forgotten to most.

Time is really of the essence, and they need to get something out in the next 12 months or so otherwise its probably going to fail.

I believe you're right and if I was in their shoes, I would really try a little harder to get a "presence" out there. It never really felt like it existed in the first place but at least Brad was a face and a decent cheerleader to some extent. He could almost have you cheering for him no matter what because he brought that passionate gamer vibe to anything he spoke about. We ribbed him quite a bit and he was far from perfect but this was his chance to ride off into the sunset and I think he really wanted this to succeed. I like Joppa and I think he certainly deserves a chance but I do believe time is of the essence.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I worked for a company where they spent so much energy on reporting project status that you spent more time putting the damn status updates together then you did working on the actual project, so I get where they are coming from about going back to monthly updates. However with that being said man they really need to figure out how to convey to people that they are making progress. I am not sure any of these update strategies up to this point have worked to achieve that. They need to announce a date for PA5 soon if they want to still be viewed as legitimate. Does anyone know if PA5 is their last PA phase?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its suppose to be, and better be. PA4 was almost a year and a half ago. July 2019 they said they were about to move into Alpha. That clearly was very far off base.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Its suppose to be, and better be. PA4 was almost a year and a half ago. July 2019 they said they were about to move into Alpha. That clearly was very far off base.

Holy sheeeeeeeeet I didn't realize its been that fucking long since PA4.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
They should just release what three zones or whatever they have on early access and try to go from there. Plenty of worse looking and probably playing games on early access that do ok.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They should just release what three zones or whatever they have on early access and try to go from there. Plenty of worse looking and probably playing games on early access that do ok.

I agree they should definitely do this.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

Yea I was thinking something like this. Finish up the core mechanics and game systems, polish them up. Then release the game in chunks. Establish good pacing/scaling up to level 20, with some content to keep people at 20 content for a bit while they work on 21-40 content, then 41-60. Better than not release anything for years, and chance losing it all.

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
I was just thinking about all the Early Access MMO's out there these days, and how much I hate it.

I don't know what the numbers look like for full launch vs. early access, but I definitely prefer full launch. I can't even start to get excited playing an Early Access game, and I don't think I'm alone. People inevitably review it and rate it poorly for dumb shit that comes with being 'Early Access', and it creates a death spiral.

The ones I've seen all seem sparely populated. Development plods along even slower than it did prior to launch, because now they have to juggle a live server, and eventually the interest fades. I think your average player will try it, move on, and never come back.

At least with a full launch, you have an initial population surge and they start convincing each other to play. Creating/maintaining a healthy sized community is the most important aspect of an MMO. Especially if they are trying to go subscription model.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No no no. Pantheon, which hasn't even been able to get into pre-alpha despite being in development since early 2014, should absolutely release right now, immediately, as early access. Definitely. People will be thrilled and do nothing but sing its praises. Guaranteed.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
They need to announce a date for PA5 soon if they want to still be viewed as legitimate.

No one with a half-functioning brain rates this project as legitimate in 2020.

They've had a group of never-was hobbyists and cast-off industry types keeping their resumes current for seven years working remotely as contractors for almost no money.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This is probably not the right attitude to have but knowing Brad isn't a part of this and will not be around to pop in the server when this opens to the public one day and see all of this come together just completely took my interest out of this game. The only reason I had any hope was just so Brad could ship one more game and maybe see a little success. Supporting them is probably the best way to honor him but I haven't looked at anything Pantheon in forever.... I hope it works out for them though.

Brad is to MMO's what Bugsy Siegel was to Las Vegas. He'll never get the credit he deserves, but the MMO industry doesn't even exist without his contribution.