Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good informational stream, EQ1 Shaman complete with Canni confirmed. A little sketchy on the more modern combo system concept. If these guys can ever actually get this game done and launched, it might be decent. Big if though.

I'm not so hard up for money that I wont give them a box sale. I want to try it, cause a lot of stuff looks interesting and the premise is more of something enjoyable to me. But really, they are going to have to have a stable alpha that people can log in and out of anytime they want (when the servers arent down for patches or w/e) if they want me to spend money now. (and I'm speaking 50-60 bucks max.)

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not so hard up for money that I wont give them a box sale. I want to try it, cause a lot of stuff looks interesting and the premise is more of something enjoyable to me. But really, they are going to have to have a stable alpha that people can log in and out of anytime they want (when the servers arent down for patches or w/e) if they want me to spend money now. (and I'm speaking 50-60 bucks max.)
Agreed. They have been in pre-alpha for like 3 years. Last summer they said they were just about to move into normal alpha. And that still hasnt happened. They also said in January that they were about to move into pre-alpha 5, the last phase before alpha. And that still hasnt happened. They must really want a fully fleshed game or something and a quick alpha period with how long things are taking. After EQN and all these other failing crowfund games, Im not giving them anything until it moves into alpha. They keep saying they need funding, if they would actually advance their testing stages they would get a lot of it.

• 1Worf

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Hearing them talk about all the little nuance systems like being able to put a mob into a different "sate of being" to enhance spell effects makes me just roll my fucking eyes. At some point in time they have to be realistic about being able to put out a game at some point this century. All that shit sounds interesting but it also sounds extremely complicated to get working. Just focus on putting out a solid combat system and make some fucking progress on getting this thing out the door.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Hearing them talk about all the little nuance systems like being able to put a mob into a different "sate of being" to enhance spell effects makes me just roll my fucking eyes. At some point in time they have to be realistic about being able to put out a game at some point this century. All that shit sounds interesting but it also sounds extremely complicated to get working. Just focus on putting out a solid combat system and make some fucking progress on getting this thing out the door.

That's Brads legacy, overcomplicating everything they possibly can.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

It doesn't sound interesting. It sounds exactly like shit that has existed in MMOs for 20 years.

"Your Ice Lance critical strikes deal triple damage to frozen targets"

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't sound interesting. It sounds exactly like shit that has existed in MMOs for 20 years.

"Your Ice Lance critical strikes deal triple damage to frozen targets"

WHAT?! Next you'll tell me undead are resistant to piercing weapons or something?! That spells could lower resists before Pantheon? Nay, brother, you know not what you speak! These guys are bringing original ideas forward that take years to accomplish. Big, unique things! Pre-aplha 6 is when this all gets realized!

Edit- to bring back some realism in this thread. Ashes of Creation is set to start ALPHA this fall and within a 4 year window. This game isn't close to alpha in 8. Funding levels are different but the reality is that we've seen infinitesimally small growth of this game since 2016. Look at the videos in Dec 2016 and look at what is being talked about today. Not too much different.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uhhhh...

oops?

giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I like em. I'd never play any of those races but they look cool.

I'm waiting for the halflings! I think they are supposed to be all suicide girly