Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That last video did fuck all for making me be interested in this bit of vapourware. Aside from the combat looking utterly snoozeworthy the part where they're discussing abilities like there's an element of player choice is just embarrassing. Have they heard of they internet? People won't experiment, they'll just spec to whatever the current meta is.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Just curious, wtf does that mean? This community is so damn cringy and polarized its crazy. I see this and gotta ask, huh? For a legitmate explanation?

I know there is this whole sub culture of memes and how they came to be and evolved, and as someone who doesn't have time or really care to follow it am I a normie? Is this a negative thing? I glance at these forums occasionally, like the SJW gamer thread and really think to myself something has been created here that is so detached from real life.

Legit curious

I really have no clue why you'd drop off in the SJW thread if your time is limited. Of all the threads I'd visit if I didn't want to see cringy and was just breezing through....that would be last on the list. I'd come here first for the falling gifs or even updates about this awesome game. For an explanation, he hates that we enjoy the falling gifs so much and that we waste a little time talking about a game that will be an utter failure if it ever releases. Since your time is limited,

4.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nirgon admitted to being so hardcore into wow that his final breaking point was actually from being capped on how many legendary items he could obtain. Basically the dude sucked kotick's cock so thoroughly that he choked on it and now he just wants to run around calling everyone else wow dicksuckers to feel better about himself. Even people that don't and never went hardcore in wow.

Just take his posts for what they are: another form of falling down just not in gif form.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
seems like it keeps them getting paid, cant wait till it does for Pantheon

cool! another class's mechanics coming along and being unveiled!
It nets them enough revenue to justify rebooting a server every 6 months, and most of that revenue comes from selling xp pots for cash in the first few days. Do you think that level of income is sufficient to support an actual MMORPG launch with an ongoing development cycle? It’s not.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean i think you guys are vastly underestimating the revenue and appeal of eq. I only came back a month ago after 17 years and was surprised how many of the peeps i met so far are also first time tlpers.

Eve sold to China for like 400m and i imagine the active playerbase in eq is very similar. While EQ almost surely generates more revenue.

One friend who started same day as me is hardly a whale. Yet, hes bought at least 6 krono the 35 dollar bag thingy. Race chanhe and buncha xp pots. Ive spent about 75 on two accnts myself as i got the 2x 40 slots. So the two of a us in 1 month have paid to dbg as much as i paid for a year pr mpre of two accounts to ccp.

Will Pantheon have a player base ? IDK but EQ is actually doing very well. @eldiroth always said so and likely even better then since he left.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The problem with EverQuest was always that they never put enough back into the game that was actually making them money.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

I mean i think you guys are vastly underestimating the revenue and appeal of eq. I only came back a month ago after 17 years and was surprised how many of the peeps i met so far are also first time tlpers.

Eve sold to China for like 400m and i imagine the active playerbase in eq is very similar. While EQ almost surely generates more revenue.

One friend who started same day as me is hardly a whale. Yet, hes bought at least 6 krono the 35 dollar bag thingy. Race chanhe and buncha xp pots. Ive spent about 75 on two accnts myself as i got the 2x 40 slots. So the two of a us in 1 month have paid to dbg as much as i paid for a year pr mpre of two accounts to ccp.

Will Pantheon have a player base ? IDK but EQ is actually doing very well. @eldiroth always said so and likely even better then since he left.
You have to partner with a Chinese company in order to publish there. Ie. They didnt sell Eve. Much less, Eve Online itself has been partnered with companies since 2006 in China. The partnership with NetEase not only allowed the game to stay in China, but also so NetEase could develop the mobile version of Eve Online - Eve Echoes.

EverQuest did have skill - it was just a totally different type of skill set in comparison to WoW and the comparison all but falls apart when analyzed. Similarities? Sure. But when you're killing Avatar of War with a handful of people (although it was comparable to watching paint dry) - you were a different breed of player compared to the zerg horde that throws 80-100 people at it. As far as classes - most were basic, but an Enchanter in a group setting was comparable to some of the twitch based classes of FFXIV in a raid setting.

Pantheon on the other hand? I have yet to see anything that looks like it could be remotely related to skill.

DickTrickle

Sorry, but a low man AoW kill is just about how raid geared those people are. Set up your CH chain, get cripple on, auto attack.

Enchanter twitch play? LOL. No, you had to always be watching while charming, sure, but nothing approaching twitch gameplay. Mezzing and pulling while charming while busy still has plenty of time to do things.

The only real "skill" in EQ is knowledge.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Sorry, but a low man AoW kill is just about how raid geared those people are. Set up your CH chain, get cripple on, auto attack.

Enchanter twitch play? LOL. No, you had to always be watching while charming, sure, but nothing approaching twitch gameplay. Mezzing and pulling while charming while busy still has plenty of time to do things.

The only real "skill" in EQ is knowledge.
Ok, no skill what so ever in a low man AoW kill I guess? I should have also been very specific to when an Enchanter has high APM - specifically in a bad situation (trains etc). But yea, sure. Whatever. "Knowledge" has nothing to do with WoW or any other MMO I guess. Just all super 1337 Skeelz :rolleyes:

DickTrickle

Ok, no skill what so ever in a low man AoW kill I guess? I should have also been very specific to when an Enchanter has high APM - specifically in a bad situation (trains etc). But yea, sure. Whatever. "Knowledge" has nothing to do with WoW or any other MMO I guess. Just all super 1337 Skeelz :rolleyes:
Bit defensive there. As you'll note, I didn't reference wow at all. I didn't play the game. Thus I made no judgments on that game one way or another.

APM for an enchanter is there in rare situations but most of the time it's pretty low. If playing an enchanter was a high skill bar to clear there wouldn't be so many of them on TLPs. Yes, they're not all the same, but it's not that hard to be almost as good as the best enchanter.

What do you feel the skill part of a low man aow kill is? It's one of the simplest mobs to understand and manage. It really is a gear check.

• 1Solidarity

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The classes that required "skill" were basically just pulling classes. For everyone else the gameplay loop was 2-3 buttons typically. Pullers had to do a bit more before the shit got to the party and then their gameplay loop started.

EQ wasn't hard; it was a 2-3 button loop for 90% of the playerbase with what, hitting defensive occasionally as a tank? Timing a recast of a debuff when an icon blinks (or later when they added timers)?

I played a SK; pulled for almost every group I was ever in and tanked for most of them as well. The times I was doing neither(and especially not pulling)? Absolutely the most boring game play loop. Even FFXI had more interactive gameplay than that.

• 1Like

yerm

People always talk about how eq doesn't take skill eq is easy eq is a noob game anyone can be good at eq... etc etc etc...

...and then server after server you CLEARLY notice that a few people are just better than others, and a lot of people are just worse. You see the people who can pull and split or do 5 roles at once or dominate a whole zone and just crush pussy and the people who are mediocre and the half of the server that suck cock.

Sorry, but while it's really hard to pinpoint WHAT the skills are or give ideal examples of skill, if you just play everquest it's impossible not to notice the disparities and realize a small set of people are downright better than most. It can't be knowledge. It has to be skill.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Some people are clearly better at scrambling eggs too, doesn't mean it takes much skill in the first place. What you're noticing is that mostly mouth breathers still play EQ, because its braindead easy and... well... they cant even breathe through their nose

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Being at the top in EQ mostly just meant you spent more time online than others and dedicated that time towards the raiding portion of the game. I knew guys that spent as much time as I did online but they didn’t like the raid game, they crafted instead. They were maxed in everything crafting. Doesn’t mean they were more skilled at crafting, they just devoted tons of time to it, similar to raiders.

I’m not saying there was no skill, you could tell a good player from a bad, and an exceptional player from a good player, but it just really wasn’t that hard. It was just time devotion.

Daidraco

People always talk about how eq doesn't take skill eq is easy eq is a noob game anyone can be good at eq... etc etc etc...

...and then server after server you CLEARLY notice that a few people are just better than others, and a lot of people are just worse. You see the people who can pull and split or do 5 roles at once or dominate a whole zone and just crush pussy and the people who are mediocre and the half of the server that suck cock.

Sorry, but while it's really hard to pinpoint WHAT the skills are or give ideal examples of skill, if you just play everquest it's impossible not to notice the disparities and realize a small set of people are downright better than most. It can't be knowledge. It has to be skill.
We'll always have people clearly in different camps on the skill debate of a 21 year old game. Personally, I think you hit the nail on the head. A player has all the information of the world at their fingertips, yet they still fk up simple stupid shit. So I guess a greater question is.. If you're a "pro" gamer, and you fuck up cause you lack knowledge of the game - are you still considered skillful? If you know everything about the game, and you constantly fuck up cause you're a dumb ass - does that mean that knowledge of the world does not equate skill? Im not ignorant to the fact that this is the Old Man forum, so I wont expect a legitimate conversation. But in my mind, saying EQ was just a vapid time waster without skill is obnoxious.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Because that money is drying up. Fast. If it would be so easy to keep a server running they would have kept the Mac EQ client alive. But even Smed had to admit it lost them money.

Oh so now there's 20 years of enough money to pay the bills in an EQ game

Ever occur to you guys they aren't trying to make McDonalds but a really nice neighborhood restaurant? That might not be for the drooling slobs. Go get your Travis Scott QPC and simp on some Kotick OnlyFans yall.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

I find it hard to call anything in EQ skill based.

If you know how to do something it is easy to execute, so I consider it all knowledge.

DickTrickle

I mean, I wouldn't say everquest was zero skill. It just wasn't that necessary almost all of the time. Reaction time and knowing what to do without having to think about it much is is something I would call a skill, but it just doesn't matter 99% of the time in EQ. It was rare that the environment would force you into those situations.

I'm also not the type to hold up not being a dumbass as a skill. There's always going to be some people who just can never get better even at simple things. But 80-90% of people can be 80-90% of the best player in everquest... And that's why I think it's not a high skill game. I don't think you can say that about every game.