Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
At least you are finally beginning to see there has been zero progress.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I skipped randomly into the video. It took about 5 seconds to know what to feel, thanks to the commentary:

5gpAE1A.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
I agree with everyone else that the graphics look like they went back another 5 years from 2012. It not only looks like the original release of Morrowind, but now theyre putting very ESO type things into the game as well. I guess when your graphics look insanely dated, it doesnt much matter if you bog down system resources with trash thats worth jack shit all over the place to pick up.
Funny you should mention that. I watched the first hour of the video yesterday and made some VERY nitpicky and snarky notes..
this is a "dungeon for an upcoming evaluator build" whatever that means.
handing this off to a potential partner to see what pantheon is all about. NOT the general public.
initial impression: it's dark. very dark. too dark.
You have a torch, but no personal light source is rendered.
global material emissive value is too low.
no context provided for the player in the 'demo' or 'intro' area.
NPC names/nameplates are reasonably subtle.
joppas audio is over-driven/clipping/distorted from the start. Good to see they can't even set a mic properly.
absurd 8+6 locked in-combat hotbars still the primary differentiator I see, entirely unlike EQ1. Great start.
built in compass from the start, goodbye sense heading skill.
mix of default Unity assets and some custom textures, so.. they're still reaping the worst of both worlds there.
STR/STA/CON/AGI/DEX/INT/WIS/CHA, 22 equipment slots, 10 resistances.
Weapon Damage, Attack Power, Accuracy %, Haste %, Crit Chance % (for Melee, at least)
Hit Points, Mana Points (Null), Endurance.
Attributes (STR/STA/etc) are 3/1/1/3/2/1/1/1 to start.
Carry weight is 35/45 initially. 5 bag slots. Pretty high starting weight, given only three items are equipped, and there's nothing but food in the single bag. I guess food is super heavy?
5 types of currency, although the UI is inconsistent, and the 5th (above platinum) is not the same distance apart as the rest.
copper/silver/gold/plat/whatever
He's apparently a Level 20 Rogue with those attributes and weight limits.
Mastery has a bar, similar to XP, which is.. interesting since Mastery points drop as items, last time they talked about it.
Acclimation (aka resists 2.0) has 6 equipment slots in addition to the 22 normal slots, and there are 6 climates in addition to the 10 normal resists.
There is a 'glyph pouch' aka likely your acclimation glyph storage, for whatever reason, entirely separate from your actual bags and inventory.
Items are Class bound, and merchant value is shown on hover, along with weight. a Chest slot Ruined Fur Tunic weighs 1.2, and has an Armor value of 9.
It should be noted that there is no fur on the ruined fur tunic, and the stitching is more like rope or string, rather than thread.
The avatar stance is not even slightly natural, with a very 'anxious' idle pose.
Camera angle/switching appears reasonable.
The fact that merchant value for a starting item is shown is pretty clear evidence they haven't thought that through, but hey, it's only been 7 years, right?
Even just the fact that any item(s), never mind starting items, can possibly universally be sold to merchants at all is pretty clear evidence their Economist dollars were wasted, but I digress.
Ruined Fur Pants have the same merchant sellback value (5s50c) as Ruined Fur Tunic, but weight is only 1.0 instead of 1.2. Clearly, values aren't being reflected, unless it takes the same exact mass, weight, components, whatever, to make Pants as a Tunic? I guess?
And "Light Leather" (not Ruined Fur) boots, same there, 5s50c, weight 0.8. Infer what you will, clearly placeholders after 7 years.
There's apparently .. 10 slots that aren't bag slots, but are part of your inventory, and each bag needs to be opened, rather than having the bag slots part of the main inventory. The starting 'extra' bag has 12 slots, so added together 10 "top" slots, 1 bag with 12 slots, to start, in this demo.
20 chunks of bread "increases CON while eating" in the top inventory each has a value of 1cp and a weight of 0.1, meaning.. they should weigh 2.0, and along with all the equipped items, we should be at 1.2 + 1.0 + 0.8 + 2.0 (5.0 total). And yet we're at 35/45 weight. Good times. Maybe the starter bag weighs 30? Or.. maybe 35 is the remaining weight? Cause that would make sense, showing it backwards.. yep. Apparently then, the starting bag ("Roomy Satchel") is weightless.. no, the hover over says it has a weight of 1.0, but.. that would mean we're at 6.0 weight.
So setting aside the bag weight, if that's true, instead of saying "Total Weight" it should probably say "Remaining Carrying Capacity" but what do I know, I'm not a VR dev. Off to a good start with the math, in any case, nothing adds up logically for weight.

Setting is "your character is brand new in this place, just gotten off the boat"
Upper left corner of the UI is the Pantheon blue sphincter graphic being used to bring up settings and the like.
Settings options so far:
LOD Distance, Clip Distance, Shadow Distance, Combat Music Volume, Nameplate Distance, Show my Nameplate toggle, Grass Enabled Toggle, Vsync Count dropdown, Resolution, Full Screen toggle, Hardware cursor toggle, Mute Audio toggle, Hold Shift to Climb Toggle, Performance preset dropdown (set to High Quality) and monitor count with display of current viewport by monitor.
Report a bug screen shown, has Type, Category, Reproducible Y/N, Sub Category, Summary, Details, Screenshot..something
Corner widgets for UI elements are extraordinarily tiny.
Codex UI shown briefly, with Details, Mastery, and Macros buttons.
Without an ability selected (Empty Codex to start) the various ability features are: Cost, Range, Cast Time, Duration, Cooldown, Global Cooldown, Magic Type, and Target Type. Less than EQ1, but ok. Bit odd to see both an ability Cooldown and a Global Cooldown per ability.. given the Global Cooldown is.. Global.. hmmm
Advancement is not via single points, but rather 1 Mastery Point, then 4 Mastery Points, then 9 Mastery Points. No indication if that's cumulative or not, as in 15 total, or 9 total. Also the required spends appear to be fixed/hardcoded, as they're part of the UI without an ability selected.
Macros interface was completely blank/empty without an ability selected.

Corner widgets for UI elements are inconsistent in size. The Bug UI was extremely tiny, others appear more 'normal' in size.
Quest list/Task list has Objectives and Status, as well as three different.. Continents shown. I guess that means there will be three continents, which is the first time it's been confirmed in 7 years, iirc. Reignfall west, Kingsreach East, Whitethaw north or south.
Glyph pouch has 24 slots.
Speech bubbles from NPCs... appear to have transparency.. NPC idle stance is the same 'anxious' as the player. (not relaxed)
No abilities shown, cohh asks "how do I get to my abilities" joppa explains this lack is intentional, at this point.
World items spawns can be picked up without consequences (no theft, apparently), "Fresh Apple", "Red Cap Mushroom" etc. All likely will have sellback values, too..
Yep, 1cp and 0.1 weight per apple, and despite showing only "You received Fresh Apple." in the log twice, he has 6 actual in his inventory, so either the items are stacks, but not visually, or the logging events aren't showing detail of multiples, or both. Good start.
On the plus side, after picking up an additional 0.6 weight, the Total Weight of 35/45 remains shown.
Stacks of coins found in crates (24 copper coins). Pungent Bottle found in a crate. Take All button.
Bottle has 8cp value, weight of 0.2
Next chest, 15 copper coins, Carved Pipe, chunk of Iron, Silver Nugget. Carved Pipe, value of 12cp, weight of 0.1.
Chunk of Iron, value of 3cp, Weight of 1.0 (yeah, I guess a leather tunic weighs the same as a chunk of iron..)
Silver Nugget has a value of 10cp, weight of 1.0. hm. so silver is 3.3 times the value of iron, is it?
irrationally, 15 copper coins have a merchant sellback value of 1cp and 0.0 weight. But.. I thought money was supposed to have weight?

When an NPC was selected, it shows a green bar beneath the name, and a red number to the right. Presumably.. level? A level 28 would be 'red' to a level 20, apparently.
location is: Fortress DeViare, from the NPC dialogue. Registration NPC dialogue proceeds.. (there's a log entry: You have discovered the Fortress DeViare, after talking to the NPC)
Doesn't try the "not for you to know" name option, training options, subsequently, are "The Dark Trade", "The Assassin's Guild", "The Hidden Society" apparently three human rogue faction choices. A lifelong massively impactful choice such as your core/starting faction/guild could likely be presented better, but ok.
The reponse from choosing "The Hidden Society" seems pre-set, as they're all rogue sounding choices, but it's not explored.
There is an icon (like dark/light choices from SW:TOR) in the bottom center of every dialogue selection, but it's use isn't obvious, but it has a sort of 'range' indicator, possibly?
Another NPC is selected, number to the right of the nameplate is a red 24, so apparently Level+4 is also 'red'.
__4:24
NPCs have flavor text for, apparently, first meeting / first sight of a character.
Despite making references to a boat, "the Thronefastian Empire", "Azure Isles", "the Bethrale Sea" and "the Vise", there is no boat, dock or anything remotely nautical shown so far, in the 'dungeon'.
Another option to not state your name, for some reason, not explored..
Flavor text Interactions with items use .. the perception system? apparently.
"A voice whispers, "..." in the log, a particle effect pop-up, and a sound bite for every single item click. Good times.
__6:43, so dark you can't see the chest he's interacting with.
16 copper coins, 1 Avendyr Trout (apparently we're on or near the Continent of Kingsreach)
next chest..
23 copper coins, another pungent bottle. Interesting that two pungent bottles did NOT stack automatically, yet, the apples did.
Another NPC selected/targeted, this time with a red 30 next to their name. Quite a level range for guards. The target reticle is a dark blue circle at the feet of the NPC, which.. does not appear to indicate facing direction, but rather, is yet another pointless circular roatating animation, and is firmly affixed to the floor, rather than being elevated slightly so as not to blend into the ground/cover. Awesome. Clearly, pro work and attention to detail here after 7 years.
Next chest..
14 copper coins, Candle, Chunk of Iron. Candle worth 7cp, weight of 0.1.
mention of hushed voices in the background (yep, just like 20 years ago with NWN1) as being 'very cool'.
trying to pick up items that aren't 'intended' to be picked up results in "The scroll rolls away as I try to lay a hand on it".
__8:19 NPC Kie Azashi, Level 28, no interaction
another failed item interaction flavor text: "The writing flickers and fades when I try to read it".
When trying to click on what appears to be a potion, simply "Coming soon..." in the log, no flavor text pop-up.
Interaction with an item "Book of the Availioth" .. the Human pantheon, 9 deities, 2 levels, 5 deities per level, Ocirico counted twice.
The book has dialogue identical to an NPC, so.. all objects in the world can have dialogue. It has three choices, exactly the same as dialogue selections shown earlier for decisions, which likely reveal more text.
__9:21 human gods detailed in the book. references to 'planets', previous human planet of 'Vas Demith'.
__10:09 reference to "is a blessing that cannot be purchased", indicating.. some blessings can be purchased?
__11:49 can barely see the stairs, it's so dark. What is with this love of pointless annoying darkness?
He finds Mazrik upstairs, first quest NPC on the path to selecting a class, and he asks him for something he already has in his inventory, an Avendyr Trout. Woops.
He checks his Quest List/Journal, and despite having one, it will not count it for the quest. Fan-tastic. Exactly the opposite of their claims since day one.
Cohh even mentions "hopefully I didn't pick it up early". So there are definitely generic items in the world with the same name(s) as specific quest items, which don't count for quests. They left nothing to chance, guaranteeing confusion.
So, going back to the same place, he finds an identical trout, and the act of looting it completes the quest objective, despite already having one. Fail.
This was called a "Task Objective" regarding the quest.
NPC tells him "Go poke around in the Arcane Chamber downstairs for a few minutes". Oh, goody. Enforced in-your-face time wasters. The best of all types of quests.
__13:47 he picks up an interactive object (a mushroom) from at least 3 meters away, sitting on top of a barrel. I guess there's telekinesis in every player?
So, now when he tries to pick up a particular object (looks like some meat/steaks), it says "Alder [a guard] is watching" when that NPC has no LOS, and he's stolen more than 10 things so far. riiiiight.
Same goes for apples and a wide variety of other items.

__16:47 he finally gets to talk to Mazrik again (he didn't go to the Arcane Chamber, btw) and obtains a Scroll that trains him in a new ability.
Interestingly, it says "Scroll, Class: Rogue, Requires Level 3, Requires Shadow Walk, and Use: Evolves your Shadow Walk ability into Shadow Walk.
Now, I didn't typo any of that, it requires itself for use (that requirement is NOT met, yet, he can use it) and it evolves the ability from itself into itself.
I'm not sure why it simply wouldn't be "Grants the skill Shadow Walk" but.. hey, it's only been 7 years, right?
5.0 second timer to use a "Learn Ability Scroll" for no good reason.
Now Cohh has an ability, and the codex has an entry.
Again, still, the cooldown and global cooldown are both 1 second. And it says in the description: "Walk in the shadows, making you nearly undetectable to most enemies. While Shadow Walking, you will generate 1 Opportunity every 2 seconds and your movement speed is reduced by 40%". No mention of in combat or out of combat use. Category is noted as: Toggle Utility, and the Level shows '???'.
Ah, it can only go on the Utility hotbar (1/6). Not sure if that gets greyed out in combat, but maybe we'll see later. I guess a single class never gets more than 6 utility abilities or.. something else worse? not discussed.

__19:12 faction "discoveries" without any indication of why or how..
chest full of ability scrolls. Shadowfall, Flash Bomb, Smoke Trick, Ambidextrous, Sprint to the Shadows, Caltrops, Springwire Trap, Evasive Maneuvers.
Next chest full of other abilities.. Gash, Blackjack Kick, Leaking Wound, Backstab, Basic Catalyst, Flask of Wateer, Empty Vial, and Alchemy Field Kit.
So, looks like some Rogue abilities will always require consumables. That'll keep 'em happy, I'm sure.
NPC targeted Kio Matse, Level 23, "orange" con.
Same deal as previously with all of these ability scrolls. They evolve themselves into themselves. Not sure why they would leave it like this for a public demo.
And 5 seconds per scroll, huzzah for waiting around doing nothing.
Shadowfall description: Descend on an enemy from the shadows, dealing 400% weapon damage. Must be above the target. Requires Shadow Walk. 30 second cooldown, and again, mentions the global cooldown like it's some kind of local variable. However, this one has a 25 meter range, requires 3 opportunity, and only works on Offensive target types. Instant action, so apparently no casting time. No mention of if it can be avoided, evaded, missed, etc or if it moves you to the target or why it would have a 25 meter range if not? Maybe you just stab it from really far away while jumping? who knows.

__20:42 Flash Bomb description. Throw a flash bomb at your feet, automatically activating Shadow Walk, immediately ending combat and causing enemies to forget about you. Requires 1 Opportunity (which.. you can't have or generate unless you're Shadow Walking? Yes/No/Maybe?), 30 second cooldown, self target. Says "Instant" rather than "Instant Action" not sure why the difference.
So, the equivalent to the EQ1 Rogues SoL Expansion AA ability Level 59 "Escape", required 9 AA, 24min re-use, but this one doesn't require consumables, and on a 30 second timer. I'm sure that will .. be just fine... EQLive gets this timer down to 90 seconds from 24 minutes at Rank 12 AA.
Apparently getting out of combat is.. no big deal, I guess? Especially with the in-combat-locked 8+6 hotbars.

__21:06 Smoke Trick description. " Throw a vial at an enemy's feet that releases mesmerizing toxins, incapacitating them for 15 seconds. Any damage dealt to the target while mesmerized will break the effect. " 2 opportunity, 1 second cooldown, offensive target.
So, 15 second mez, with apparently no chance to break other than damage? I know a few Enchanters that would walk over their dead Granny for that ability. No mention regarding targets it doesn't work on (like bosses, lieutenants, undead, constructs, etc). No mention of reduced timer on re-application, diminishing returns, re-use immunity, or similiar. No apparent consumables required?
Guaranteed that'll be nerfed into uselessness before or shortly after launch, but a great toy for pre-alpha.

__21:29 Ambidextrous description: "You can unique bonuses depending on your off-hand weapon type. Piercing will increase Melee Haste by 5%. Slashing will reduce the off-hand damage penalty by 5%. Blunt will grant off-hand attacks a 5% chance to Stun for 1 Second. And Fist weapons will increase the chance for your toxins to proc by 5%. passive utility, apparently always active? Does it need to be on the utility bar? Not sure, doesn't say. Percentages, of course, will be varying amounts of OP and useless unless they can be modified or not with other abilities, gear, buffs, etc.

__22:07 Sprint to the Shadows description: "Increases your movement speed by 100% for 3 seconds. After this time, Flash Bomb will activate automatically. When used this way, Flash Bomb's cooldown time will be increased by 50% [presumably to 45 seconds]. This ability is only usable if Flash Bomb is memorized and is not currently on cooldown. 5 second cooldown, for some reason, 1 opportunity. Instant Utility.

__22:23 Caltrops description: "Scatter caltrops at the target location. All enemies will have their movement speed reduced by 50% while stepping on the caltrops." 15 meter range, 50 endurance cost, 1 sec cooldown. Ground targeted. Again, no indication if this or any of these Rogue abilities actually require consumables or not, which changes their use cases entirely.

__22:38 Springwire Trap description: "Place a trap that will coil around the feet of the first enemy to approach, rooting them in place for 10 seconds". 3 opportunity cost, 6 meter range, 30 second cooldown, ground target. 10 seconds is mostly pointless, especially if hate/threat is applied, but maybe it might be useful if you burn a ton of Mastery in it, as a last choice. If TTK remains as high as it has been, 10 seconds is somewhere in the 10-25% range of a fight. rooting something for such a short time seems largely pointless, but hey, it's only been 7 years. Clearly, getting out of combat and being able to reset all your hotbars every 30 seconds is considered trivial compared to the power of rooting a target, for Rogues.
Also, Evasive Maneuvers description: When your Health drops below 20%, your Dodge chance will increase by 20% and your cooldown timers will be reduced by 20%. Not sure if that means global cooldowns, or each ability cooldown, or abilities currently IN cooldown? But it has a None cooldown itself, so that will likely be exploited, especially if they haven't considered stacking, if it stacks. Increasing a dodge rate from 50% to 60%, at best? Probably useless, but meh, maybe Mastery points will help make it useful.

__23:02 alchemy field kit is a container, so, that burns a bag slot for Rogues, unless containers can go into containers (not tried). Gash description: 8 second cooldown, 15 endurance, 3 meter range, deals 175% weapon damage. Brings up the interesting possibility of swapping weapons in combat (and for ability use).
Blackjack Kick description: Deals 80% weapon damage to an enemy and grants leverage, accelerating your attack speed by 10% for 12 seconds. 40 endurance cost, 3 meter range, 20 second cooldown. Ok, so the ability itself has a 60% duty cycle, and with a piercing offhand, means a default level 20 Rogue has 15% haste 60% of the time, alone and without any other abilities. Flowing black silk sash (FBSS in EQ1) grants 21% haste, for comparison.
Leaking Wound description: Deal 200% weapon damage, causing the target to bleed for 20% of the inflicted damage over 12 seconds. 30 endurance cost, 3 meter range, 12 second cooldown. So, 100% duty cycle, no mention of stacking with other Rogues/DoTs. Would be interesting to know if this would re-apply hate to an out-of-combat ShadowWalked Rogue per tick and/or break stealth per tick. If so, probably the most risky thing to use shown so far. If not, exploitable.

Backstab description: Deals 300% weapon damage to an enemy. Must be behind your target. Requires a piercing weapon. (doesn't say mainhand) 50 Endurance cost, 3 meter range, 10 sec cooldown, and.. "Magic Type:" Physical. Seems an odd way to state Damage Type? and.. none of the other abilities had this specified, so that's suspicious.

1 Mastery point spent in Backstab reduces endurance cost by 15 (to, presumably, 25). 4 Mastery points adds the effect of: Deals 400% weapon damage when used while Shadow Walking (just like Shadowfall, which.. is an odd overlap)

__24:14 first mention of "state" with 9 Master Points, Backstab description adds: "If target is in a Vulnerable state, immediately refreshes the cooldown of your Gash ability" which I guess is their take on ability chaining, in this case. No mention if attacks or abilities break Shadow Walk 'normally', or if Shadow Walk turns off auto attack, or if you would have to manually stop attacking, shadow walk, then use this, to take advantage of the Mastery Point effect.

Mastery Points for Leaking Wound: Reduce endurance cost by 10, Increase the crit chance of bleed ticks by 10%, Bleed ticks have a 10% chance to finish Backstab's cooldown. That'll keep the old eyeballs glued to the 8+6.

Mastery Points for Blackjack Kick: Reduce endurance cost by 10, Extend the duration of Leverage to 10 sec [granting 100% duty cycle on the 15% Haste mentioned above], Successful hits with this ability will grant 1 Opportunity.

Mastery Points for Gash: Reduce Endurance cost by 5, Reduce endurance cost by 5 [again?], reduce cooldown by 2 seconds. Increase the base critical chance of your Gash line by 5%.

__26:00 passives don't go on the bar, apparently, but 7/8 of the actives and 4/6 of the passive hotbar slots in use @ level 20/50.
Practice dummies hit back with auto attack.

__26:39 apparently when an item is shown, all the classes are shown in Red if you are not that class, for some reason, entirely unlike any other game I've ever seen. Also, after picking up all that stuff, and 5 more weapons and a shield, total Weight is still 35/45, so I'm going to say, the weight system is NOT implemented as of 20210111, or it has been disabled for this demo for 'reasons'.
Shown DPS values use the midline/average damage for DPS. 4-8 damage range, delay is 2.4, damage of 6/2.4 = 2.5 DPS.
Steel sword is worth as much as a loaf of bread. cool cool.
Initial damage values for weapons are so low that most percentage effects will be quite underpowered/modest to start, and massively OP as stat bloat proceeds.
Backstab says 300% weapon damage, and the piercing weapon has a max 6 damage range, yet, cohh hit for 39. Definitely something else going on in damage calculations, unless both weapons are bing used, despite the offhand being blunt? Maybe only the mainhand has to be piercing? Even so, that would mean a 13, so the offhand club would need to be 7.. it has a range of 5-10, so that could explain it, but it would mean the max of the primary plus the average of the offhand, rounded down, to make 6+7(13) x 300% = 39.
Second backstab for 51 from Shadow Walk should be 400% with Backstab Mastery III. It's close (should be 52), but not quite. Some shenanigans still going on there, or this is going to be one of those "inexact" combat systems, compared to other games and Training Dummies.
All of the damage is Physical Damage, despite not all the abilities showing that..

__28:15, one ground target effect replaces another.. no apparent overlap? Or it could be tied to per player/ability concurrency, hard to tell.
__35:09 items cannot be dropped on the ground, but if you try and do so, it asks to delete them.
__40:24 looks like acclimation is simply an absorption/mitigation mechanic for persistant environmental damage. Too bad, should have just enhanced the resist mechanic and spent the dev time & effort elsewhere.
UI issue.. the Acclimation UI doesn't show an equipped glyph when one is equipped, in the selection screen for slot (hand, legs, feet, etc)
__41:00 the "books" dialogue interface/read order goes clockwise, but it's not apparent that's intended or grasped intuitively. It's a very strange UI choice.
__48:46 intro to climbing, pitch black. Maybe the intent is you carry a dynamic light source through the entire game?
Endurance is not consumed slowly, as indicated by the intro. It stays at 100% while he's on the wall, not moving.
__50:03 torches and harvesting tools must be equipped, no auto equip from bags, and apparently(?) no hotbar for those items. Convenient. That'll be really fun for harvesting.
Also, "you will also acclimate naturally over time. That is, the longer you stay in a climate, the more natural acclimation you will gain over time"
__52:00 creeping screen effect for Climate effect. Wow, my first thought is: Can I turn that visual effect off? Who thought such an overt in your face overlay would be fun? The only thing that could be worse is if it persists even if you have enough resistance, or it shows full / at 100% effect if you DON'T have complete immunity. I'm sure they'll pick the worst possible, given the past 7 years.
Even with the torch, the player can't see a damned thing. Welp, I guess here's another game where I get to crank up my gamma because devs are dumb.
__53:10 climbing looks so gimmicky. Like.. It's a 100% vertical rock surface, with no handholds or visible method of holding on, just a sheer cliff, and bare handed, I'm climbing that? Ok, sure. So from the word go, I'm the best climber in the history of climbing, nice!

__53:20 "Will there be a cash shop" ... "If there is, it would be cosmetic only" [just like the current pledge rewards that offer in-game bags as a reward, but not p2w, because bags aren't an item of any value, or affect any in-game system like inventory space. no no. no p2w.]

__55:43 stats on "aged" armor, several armor sets, +1 STA, +1 STR, light chain hands, leather, more.
__56:55 crafting stations, crafting is apparently in?
__58:25 out of bag space, so there's that they've got going for them.
To be continued.

• 4Mother of God
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Funny you should mention that. I watched the first hour of the video yesterday and made some VERY nitpicky and snarky notes..
handing this off to a potential partner to see what pantheon is all about. NOT the general public.
joppas audio is over-driven/clipping/distorted from the start. Good to see they can't even set a mic properly.
absurd 8+6 locked in-combat hotbars still the primary differentiator I see, entirely unlike EQ1. Great start.
mix of default Unity assets and some custom textures, so.. they're still reaping the worst of both worlds there.
Weapon Damage, Attack Power, Accuracy %, Haste %, Crit Chance % (for Melee, at least)
Carry weight is 35/45 initially. 5 bag slots. Pretty high starting weight, given only three items are equipped, and there's nothing but food in the single bag. I guess food is super heavy?
5 types of currency, although the UI is inconsistent, and the 5th (above platinum) is not the same distance apart as the rest.
Mastery has a bar, similar to XP, which is.. interesting since Mastery points drop as items, last time they talked about it.
Acclimation (aka resists 2.0) has 6 equipment slots in addition to the 22 normal slots, and there are 6 climates in addition to the 10 normal resists.
There is a 'glyph pouch' aka likely your acclimation glyph storage, for whatever reason, entirely separate from your actual bags and inventory.
Items are Class bound, and merchant value is shown on hover, along with weight. a Chest slot Ruined Fur Tunic weighs 1.2, and has an Armor value of 9.
It should be noted that there is no fur on the ruined fur tunic, and the stitching is more like rope or string, rather than thread.
The avatar stance is not even slightly natural, with a very 'anxious' idle pose.
The fact that merchant value for a starting item is shown is pretty clear evidence they haven't thought that through, but hey, it's only been 7 years, right?
Even just the fact that any item(s), never mind starting items, can possibly universally be sold to merchants at all is pretty clear evidence their Economist dollars were wasted, but I digress.
Ruined Fur Pants have the same merchant sellback value (5s50c) as Ruined Fur Tunic, but weight is only 1.0 instead of 1.2. Clearly, values aren't being reflected, unless it takes the same exact mass, weight, components, whatever, to make Pants as a Tunic? I guess?
And "Light Leather" (not Ruined Fur) boots, same there, 5s50c, weight 0.8. Infer what you will, clearly placeholders after 7 years.
There's apparently .. 10 slots that aren't bag slots, but are part of your inventory, and each bag needs to be opened, rather than having the bag slots part of the main inventory. The starting 'extra' bag has 12 slots, so added together 10 "top" slots, 1 bag with 12 slots, to start, in this demo.
20 chunks of bread "increases CON while eating" in the top inventory each has a value of 1cp and a weight of 0.1, meaning.. they should weigh 2.0, and along with all the equipped items, we should be at 1.2 + 1.0 + 0.8 + 2.0 (5.0 total). And yet we're at 35/45 weight. Good times. Maybe the starter bag weighs 30? Or.. maybe 35 is the remaining weight? Cause that would make sense, showing it backwards.. yep. Apparently then, the starting bag ("Roomy Satchel") is weightless.. no, the hover over says it has a weight of 1.0, but.. that would mean we're at 6.0 weight.
So setting aside the bag weight, if that's true, instead of saying "Total Weight" it should probably say "Remaining Carrying Capacity" but what do I know, I'm not a VR dev. Off to a good start with the math, in any case, nothing adds up logically for weight.

Setting is "your character is brand new in this place, just gotten off the boat"
Upper left corner of the UI is the Pantheon blue sphincter graphic being used to bring up settings and the like.
Settings options so far:
LOD Distance, Clip Distance, Shadow Distance, Combat Music Volume, Nameplate Distance, Show my Nameplate toggle, Grass Enabled Toggle, Vsync Count dropdown, Resolution, Full Screen toggle, Hardware cursor toggle, Mute Audio toggle, Hold Shift to Climb Toggle, Performance preset dropdown (set to High Quality) and monitor count with display of current viewport by monitor.
Report a bug screen shown, has Type, Category, Reproducible Y/N, Sub Category, Summary, Details, Screenshot..something
Without an ability selected (Empty Codex to start) the various ability features are: Cost, Range, Cast Time, Duration, Cooldown, Global Cooldown, Magic Type, and Target Type. Less than EQ1, but ok. Bit odd to see both an ability Cooldown and a Global Cooldown per ability.. given the Global Cooldown is.. Global.. hmmm
Advancement is not via single points, but rather 1 Mastery Point, then 4 Mastery Points, then 9 Mastery Points. No indication if that's cumulative or not, as in 15 total, or 9 total. Also the required spends appear to be fixed/hardcoded, as they're part of the UI without an ability selected.

Corner widgets for UI elements are inconsistent in size. The Bug UI was extremely tiny, others appear more 'normal' in size.
Quest list/Task list has Objectives and Status, as well as three different.. Continents shown. I guess that means there will be three continents, which is the first time it's been confirmed in 7 years, iirc. Reignfall west, Kingsreach East, Whitethaw north or south.
Speech bubbles from NPCs... appear to have transparency.. NPC idle stance is the same 'anxious' as the player. (not relaxed)
No abilities shown, cohh asks "how do I get to my abilities" joppa explains this lack is intentional, at this point.
World items spawns can be picked up without consequences (no theft, apparently), "Fresh Apple", "Red Cap Mushroom" etc. All likely will have sellback values, too..
Yep, 1cp and 0.1 weight per apple, and despite showing only "You received Fresh Apple." in the log twice, he has 6 actual in his inventory, so either the items are stacks, but not visually, or the logging events aren't showing detail of multiples, or both. Good start.
On the plus side, after picking up an additional 0.6 weight, the Total Weight of 35/45 remains shown.
Stacks of coins found in crates (24 copper coins). Pungent Bottle found in a crate. Take All button.
Next chest, 15 copper coins, Carved Pipe, chunk of Iron, Silver Nugget. Carved Pipe, value of 12cp, weight of 0.1.
Chunk of Iron, value of 3cp, Weight of 1.0 (yeah, I guess a leather tunic weighs the same as a chunk of iron..)
Silver Nugget has a value of 10cp, weight of 1.0. hm. so silver is 3.3 times the value of iron, is it?
irrationally, 15 copper coins have a merchant sellback value of 1cp and 0.0 weight. But.. I thought money was supposed to have weight?

When an NPC was selected, it shows a green bar beneath the name, and a red number to the right. Presumably.. level? A level 28 would be 'red' to a level 20, apparently.
location is: Fortress DeViare, from the NPC dialogue. Registration NPC dialogue proceeds.. (there's a log entry: You have discovered the Fortress DeViare, after talking to the NPC)
Doesn't try the "not for you to know" name option, training options, subsequently, are "The Dark Trade", "The Assassin's Guild", "The Hidden Society" apparently three human rogue faction choices. A lifelong massively impactful choice such as your core/starting faction/guild could likely be presented better, but ok.
The reponse from choosing "The Hidden Society" seems pre-set, as they're all rogue sounding choices, but it's not explored.
There is an icon (like dark/light choices from SW:TOR) in the bottom center of every dialogue selection, but it's use isn't obvious, but it has a sort of 'range' indicator, possibly?
Another NPC is selected, number to the right of the nameplate is a red 24, so apparently Level+4 is also 'red'.
NPCs have flavor text for, apparently, first meeting / first sight of a character.
Despite making references to a boat, "the Thronefastian Empire", "Azure Isles", "the Bethrale Sea" and "the Vise", there is no boat, dock or anything remotely nautical shown so far, in the 'dungeon'.
"A voice whispers, "..." in the log, a particle effect pop-up, and a sound bite for every single item click. Good times.
16 copper coins, 1 Avendyr Trout (apparently we're on or near the Continent of Kingsreach)
next chest..
23 copper coins, another pungent bottle. Interesting that two pungent bottles did NOT stack automatically, yet, the apples did.
Another NPC selected/targeted, this time with a red 30 next to their name. Quite a level range for guards. The target reticle is a dark blue circle at the feet of the NPC, which.. does not appear to indicate facing direction, but rather, is yet another pointless circular roatating animation, and is firmly affixed to the floor, rather than being elevated slightly so as not to blend into the ground/cover. Awesome. Clearly, pro work and attention to detail here after 7 years.
Next chest..
mention of hushed voices in the background (yep, just like 20 years ago with NWN1) as being 'very cool'.
trying to pick up items that aren't 'intended' to be picked up results in "The scroll rolls away as I try to lay a hand on it".
another failed item interaction flavor text: "The writing flickers and fades when I try to read it".
When trying to click on what appears to be a potion, simply "Coming soon..." in the log, no flavor text pop-up.
Interaction with an item "Book of the Availioth" .. the Human pantheon, 9 deities, 2 levels, 5 deities per level, Ocirico counted twice.
The book has dialogue identical to an NPC, so.. all objects in the world can have dialogue. It has three choices, exactly the same as dialogue selections shown earlier for decisions, which likely reveal more text.
__9:21 human gods detailed in the book. references to 'planets', previous human planet of 'Vas Demith'.
__10:09 reference to "is a blessing that cannot be purchased", indicating.. some blessings can be purchased?
__11:49 can barely see the stairs, it's so dark. What is with this love of pointless annoying darkness?
He finds Mazrik upstairs, first quest NPC on the path to selecting a class, and he asks him for something he already has in his inventory, an Avendyr Trout. Woops.
He checks his Quest List/Journal, and despite having one, it will not count it for the quest. Fan-tastic. Exactly the opposite of their claims since day one.
Cohh even mentions "hopefully I didn't pick it up early". So there are definitely generic items in the world with the same name(s) as specific quest items, which don't count for quests. They left nothing to chance, guaranteeing confusion.
So, going back to the same place, he finds an identical trout, and the act of looting it completes the quest objective, despite already having one. Fail.
NPC tells him "Go poke around in the Arcane Chamber downstairs for a few minutes". Oh, goody. Enforced in-your-face time wasters. The best of all types of quests.
__13:47 he picks up an interactive object (a mushroom) from at least 3 meters away, sitting on top of a barrel. I guess there's telekinesis in every player?
So, now when he tries to pick up a particular object (looks like some meat/steaks), it says "Alder [a guard] is watching" when that NPC has no LOS, and he's stolen more than 10 things so far. riiiiight.

__16:47 he finally gets to talk to Mazrik again (he didn't go to the Arcane Chamber, btw) and obtains a Scroll that trains him in a new ability.
Interestingly, it says "Scroll, Class: Rogue, Requires Level 3, Requires Shadow Walk, and Use: Evolves your Shadow Walk ability into Shadow Walk.
Now, I didn't typo any of that, it requires itself for use (that requirement is NOT met, yet, he can use it) and it evolves the ability from itself into itself.
I'm not sure why it simply wouldn't be "Grants the skill Shadow Walk" but.. hey, it's only been 7 years, right?
Again, still, the cooldown and global cooldown are both 1 second. And it says in the description: "Walk in the shadows, making you nearly undetectable to most enemies. While Shadow Walking, you will generate 1 Opportunity every 2 seconds and your movement speed is reduced by 40%". No mention of in combat or out of combat use. Category is noted as: Toggle Utility, and the Level shows '???'.
Ah, it can only go on the Utility hotbar (1/6). Not sure if that gets greyed out in combat, but maybe we'll see later. I guess a single class never gets more than 6 utility abilities or.. something else worse? not discussed.

chest full of ability scrolls. Shadowfall, Flash Bomb, Smoke Trick, Ambidextrous, Sprint to the Shadows, Caltrops, Springwire Trap, Evasive Maneuvers.
Next chest full of other abilities.. Gash, Blackjack Kick, Leaking Wound, Backstab, Basic Catalyst, Flask of Wateer, Empty Vial, and Alchemy Field Kit.
So, looks like some Rogue abilities will always require consumables. That'll keep 'em happy, I'm sure.
Same deal as previously with all of these ability scrolls. They evolve themselves into themselves. Not sure why they would leave it like this for a public demo.
Shadowfall description: Descend on an enemy from the shadows, dealing 400% weapon damage. Must be above the target. Requires Shadow Walk. 30 second cooldown, and again, mentions the global cooldown like it's some kind of local variable. However, this one has a 25 meter range, requires 3 opportunity, and only works on Offensive target types. Instant action, so apparently no casting time. No mention of if it can be avoided, evaded, missed, etc or if it moves you to the target or why it would have a 25 meter range if not? Maybe you just stab it from really far away while jumping? who knows.

__20:42 Flash Bomb description. Throw a flash bomb at your feet, automatically activating Shadow Walk, immediately ending combat and causing enemies to forget about you. Requires 1 Opportunity (which.. you can't have or generate unless you're Shadow Walking? Yes/No/Maybe?), 30 second cooldown, self target. Says "Instant" rather than "Instant Action" not sure why the difference.
So, the equivalent to the EQ1 Rogues SoL Expansion AA ability Level 59 "Escape", required 9 AA, 24min re-use, but this one doesn't require consumables, and on a 30 second timer. I'm sure that will .. be just fine... EQLive gets this timer down to 90 seconds from 24 minutes at Rank 12 AA.
Apparently getting out of combat is.. no big deal, I guess? Especially with the in-combat-locked 8+6 hotbars.

__21:06 Smoke Trick description. " Throw a vial at an enemy's feet that releases mesmerizing toxins, incapacitating them for 15 seconds. Any damage dealt to the target while mesmerized will break the effect. " 2 opportunity, 1 second cooldown, offensive target.
So, 15 second mez, with apparently no chance to break other than damage? I know a few Enchanters that would walk over their dead Granny for that ability. No mention regarding targets it doesn't work on (like bosses, lieutenants, undead, constructs, etc). No mention of reduced timer on re-application, diminishing returns, re-use immunity, or similiar. No apparent consumables required?
Guaranteed that'll be nerfed into uselessness before or shortly after launch, but a great toy for pre-alpha.

__21:29 Ambidextrous description: "You can unique bonuses depending on your off-hand weapon type. Piercing will increase Melee Haste by 5%. Slashing will reduce the off-hand damage penalty by 5%. Blunt will grant off-hand attacks a 5% chance to Stun for 1 Second. And Fist weapons will increase the chance for your toxins to proc by 5%. passive utility, apparently always active? Does it need to be on the utility bar? Not sure, doesn't say. Percentages, of course, will be varying amounts of OP and useless unless they can be modified or not with other abilities, gear, buffs, etc.

__22:07 Sprint to the Shadows description: "Increases your movement speed by 100% for 3 seconds. After this time, Flash Bomb will activate automatically. When used this way, Flash Bomb's cooldown time will be increased by 50% [presumably to 45 seconds]. This ability is only usable if Flash Bomb is memorized and is not currently on cooldown. 5 second cooldown, for some reason, 1 opportunity. Instant Utility.

__22:23 Caltrops description: "Scatter caltrops at the target location. All enemies will have their movement speed reduced by 50% while stepping on the caltrops." 15 meter range, 50 endurance cost, 1 sec cooldown. Ground targeted. Again, no indication if this or any of these Rogue abilities actually require consumables or not, which changes their use cases entirely.

__22:38 Springwire Trap description: "Place a trap that will coil around the feet of the first enemy to approach, rooting them in place for 10 seconds". 3 opportunity cost, 6 meter range, 30 second cooldown, ground target. 10 seconds is mostly pointless, especially if hate/threat is applied, but maybe it might be useful if you burn a ton of Mastery in it, as a last choice. If TTK remains as high as it has been, 10 seconds is somewhere in the 10-25% range of a fight. rooting something for such a short time seems largely pointless, but hey, it's only been 7 years. Clearly, getting out of combat and being able to reset all your hotbars every 30 seconds is considered trivial compared to the power of rooting a target, for Rogues.
Also, Evasive Maneuvers description: When your Health drops below 20%, your Dodge chance will increase by 20% and your cooldown timers will be reduced by 20%. Not sure if that means global cooldowns, or each ability cooldown, or abilities currently IN cooldown? But it has a None cooldown itself, so that will likely be exploited, especially if they haven't considered stacking, if it stacks. Increasing a dodge rate from 50% to 60%, at best? Probably useless, but meh, maybe Mastery points will help make it useful.

__23:02 alchemy field kit is a container, so, that burns a bag slot for Rogues, unless containers can go into containers (not tried). Gash description: 8 second cooldown, 15 endurance, 3 meter range, deals 175% weapon damage. Brings up the interesting possibility of swapping weapons in combat (and for ability use).
Blackjack Kick description: Deals 80% weapon damage to an enemy and grants leverage, accelerating your attack speed by 10% for 12 seconds. 40 endurance cost, 3 meter range, 20 second cooldown. Ok, so the ability itself has a 60% duty cycle, and with a piercing offhand, means a default level 20 Rogue has 15% haste 60% of the time, alone and without any other abilities. Flowing black silk sash (FBSS in EQ1) grants 21% haste, for comparison.
Leaking Wound description: Deal 200% weapon damage, causing the target to bleed for 20% of the inflicted damage over 12 seconds. 30 endurance cost, 3 meter range, 12 second cooldown. So, 100% duty cycle, no mention of stacking with other Rogues/DoTs. Would be interesting to know if this would re-apply hate to an out-of-combat ShadowWalked Rogue per tick and/or break stealth per tick. If so, probably the most risky thing to use shown so far. If not, exploitable.

Backstab description: Deals 300% weapon damage to an enemy. Must be behind your target. Requires a piercing weapon. (doesn't say mainhand) 50 Endurance cost, 3 meter range, 10 sec cooldown, and.. "Magic Type:" Physical. Seems an odd way to state Damage Type? and.. none of the other abilities had this specified, so that's suspicious.

1 Mastery point spent in Backstab reduces endurance cost by 15 (to, presumably, 25). 4 Mastery points adds the effect of: Deals 400% weapon damage when used while Shadow Walking (just like Shadowfall, which.. is an odd overlap)

__24:14 first mention of "state" with 9 Master Points, Backstab description adds: "If target is in a Vulnerable state, immediately refreshes the cooldown of your Gash ability" which I guess is their take on ability chaining, in this case. No mention if attacks or abilities break Shadow Walk 'normally', or if Shadow Walk turns off auto attack, or if you would have to manually stop attacking, shadow walk, then use this, to take advantage of the Mastery Point effect.

Mastery Points for Leaking Wound: Reduce endurance cost by 10, Increase the crit chance of bleed ticks by 10%, Bleed ticks have a 10% chance to finish Backstab's cooldown. That'll keep the old eyeballs glued to the 8+6.

Mastery Points for Blackjack Kick: Reduce endurance cost by 10, Extend the duration of Leverage to 10 sec [granting 100% duty cycle on the 15% Haste mentioned above], Successful hits with this ability will grant 1 Opportunity.

Mastery Points for Gash: Reduce Endurance cost by 5, Reduce endurance cost by 5 [again?], reduce cooldown by 2 seconds. Increase the base critical chance of your Gash line by 5%.

__26:00 passives don't go on the bar, apparently, but 7/8 of the actives and 4/6 of the passive hotbar slots in use @ level 20/50.

__26:39 apparently when an item is shown, all the classes are shown in Red if you are not that class, for some reason, entirely unlike any other game I've ever seen. Also, after picking up all that stuff, and 5 more weapons and a shield, total Weight is still 35/45, so I'm going to say, the weight system is NOT implemented as of 20210111, or it has been disabled for this demo for 'reasons'.
Shown DPS values use the midline/average damage for DPS. 4-8 damage range, delay is 2.4, damage of 6/2.4 = 2.5 DPS.
Initial damage values for weapons are so low that most percentage effects will be quite underpowered/modest to start, and massively OP as stat bloat proceeds.
Backstab says 300% weapon damage, and the piercing weapon has a max 6 damage range, yet, cohh hit for 39. Definitely something else going on in damage calculations, unless both weapons are bing used, despite the offhand being blunt? Maybe only the mainhand has to be piercing? Even so, that would mean a 13, so the offhand club would need to be 7.. it has a range of 5-10, so that could explain it, but it would mean the max of the primary plus the average of the offhand, rounded down, to make 6+7(13) x 300% = 39.
Second backstab for 51 from Shadow Walk should be 400% with Backstab Mastery III. It's close (should be 52), but not quite. Some shenanigans still going on there, or this is going to be one of those "inexact" combat systems, compared to other games and Training Dummies.
All of the damage is Physical Damage, despite not all the abilities showing that..

__28:15, one ground target effect replaces another.. no apparent overlap? Or it could be tied to per player/ability concurrency, hard to tell.
__35:09 items cannot be dropped on the ground, but if you try and do so, it asks to delete them.
__40:24 looks like acclimation is simply an absorption/mitigation mechanic for persistant environmental damage. Too bad, should have just enhanced the resist mechanic and spent the dev time & effort elsewhere.
UI issue.. the Acclimation UI doesn't show an equipped glyph when one is equipped, in the selection screen for slot (hand, legs, feet, etc)
__41:00 the "books" dialogue interface/read order goes clockwise, but it's not apparent that's intended or grasped intuitively. It's a very strange UI choice.
__48:46 intro to climbing, pitch black. Maybe the intent is you carry a dynamic light source through the entire game?
Endurance is not consumed slowly, as indicated by the intro. It stays at 100% while he's on the wall, not moving.
__50:03 torches and harvesting tools must be equipped, no auto equip from bags, and apparently(?) no hotbar for those items. Convenient. That'll be really fun for harvesting.
Also, "you will also acclimate naturally over time. That is, the longer you stay in a climate, the more natural acclimation you will gain over time"
__52:00 creeping screen effect for Climate effect. Wow, my first thought is: Can I turn that visual effect off? Who thought such an overt in your face overlay would be fun? The only thing that could be worse is if it persists even if you have enough resistance, or it shows full / at 100% effect if you DON'T have complete immunity. I'm sure they'll pick the worst possible, given the past 7 years.
Even with the torch, the player can't see a damned thing. Welp, I guess here's another game where I get to crank up my gamma because devs are dumb.
__53:10 climbing looks so gimmicky. Like.. It's a 100% vertical rock surface, with no handholds or visible method of holding on, just a sheer cliff, and bare handed, I'm climbing that? Ok, sure. So from the word go, I'm the best climber in the history of climbing, nice!

__53:20 "Will there be a cash shop" ... "If there is, it would be cosmetic only" [just like the current pledge rewards that offer in-game bags as a reward, but not p2w, because bags aren't an item of any value, or affect any in-game system like inventory space. no no. no p2w.]

__55:43 stats on "aged" armor, several armor sets, +1 STA, +1 STR, light chain hands, leather, more.
To be continued.
I don't understand how/why someone would write so many words about a game they are convinced will fail. Like I get writing a novel to shill FOR a game, but taking the time to actually watch an hour of the stream and then producing all this? Are you okay?

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
Yep all good here. :)

This is one of the last few places online where opinions can be freely expressed without censorship.
I felt it was worth doing to point out that the basic Pantheon systems, pretty much all of them, aren't working properly, mathematically.
In a game built entirely on math. In a demo meant to impress potential investors.

• 5Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dont worry guys, the Reddit hivemind is jerking off about how Ben Dean has a producer letter coming out soon with huge news! Its definitely gonna be about an angel investor right!? Right?! (this literally happens every month about his lame ass producers letter)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Settings options so far:

next chest..
Next chest..

To be continued.
Hot damn, that's some fucking autism

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Now I’m wondering who is more likely to murder small animals and keep women’s hair as prized trophies, zinc turtle or nirgon

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 8 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So because I support a classic MMO being made in modern times I'm going to murder small animals and women.

Whew boy. Those sure are some thoughts, thanks for sharing.

• 2Salty
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I mean, one has been funny in recent memory.

Half the gifs in this thread have been of kids falling in hilarious ways.

If you can't even laugh at gifs of kids falling down, then it's no wonder you're so uptight about Pantheon.

Moreso, I thought the combo/heroic action system (w.e it was) in EQ2 was a great idea with terrible execution.
Man, FUCK EQ2 and that God-awful implementation and ability bloat.

I had bars stacked on bars stacked next to other bars. It was a fucking atrocity.

And don't even get me started on the raid specific actions that you had to essentially go get just so you could use them on rotation on specific raid targets with other classes of your archetype, but YOU WOULD NEVER USE THEM ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE GAME.

Showing up for a raid and then remembering you took that ability off a bar because you needed space for something else, then having to go find that fucking niche raid ability...I can't fucking even with that nonsense.

The only good thing about how that all turned out was that when you went back to EQ1, it made EQ1 look like it was the more streamlined game. Someone needed their balls nailed to the wall for that bullshit.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Groupwide heroic opportunities were good, in vanilla we used them all the time in raids and groups as some of them were really quite powerful. Shame as the idea was good, they just let them die on the vine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
My brother and I duo from 1 to 70 every so often on live servers, there's a particular HO combo for Fighter/Scout that does absolutely nutty damage and allows us to clear a lot of very difficult content.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I remember them being very overpowered when you were in a group that could constantly do them.

If you used them with a group of geared characters wearing invoker robes and efreeti boots you never ran out of mana. It's partially the reason why people could 6 man lots of the raid content once they had those items. Everyone used to wear them or swap them in and out back then.

Workerbee

Molten Core Raider

Settings options so far:

next chest..
Next chest..

To be continued.

Nice summary, sir. Thank god I did not watch the video yet. Now I definetly won't. But thumbs up for writing it down.