Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This is a holy temple to classic MMO gaming being kept alive.
You know what? You're right...this is a holy temple to classic MMO gaming.

And this is us when that temple has been defiled and abused for the purpose of grifting and taking advantage of the people who want to satisfy their EQ1 nostalgia with a new game:

1615932497605.png

• 7Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 11 users

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know what? You're right...this is a holy temple to classic MMO gaming.

And this is us when that temple has been defiled and abused for the purpose of grifting and taking advantage of the people who want to satisfy their EQ1 nostalgia with a new game:
The people who want this type of game are generally older and have more disposable income, and the people making this type of game know idiots would give anything to get those EQ feels back. It's the prefect storm of shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The people who want this type of game are generally older and have more disposable income, and the people making this type of game know idiots would give anything to get those EQ feels back. It's the prefect storm of shit.

Then why did the Kickstarter fail?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Not enough interest. Those 3k backers are probably the last remaining EQ/Brad fans who still play online games.

You only have to look about on the official boards, gaming forums and reddit to see this thing had very little interest from the get go. Why they even bothered after the kickstarter failed is a mystery really, but we all know what happened to the first injection of cash. They'll never be able to keep the lights on let alone pay for expansion development down the road, there's nowhere near enough players interested.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Definitely grifters. In 2016 they had playable areas that looked ok for a spiritual EQ clone. They just needed to add some playable areas and a few more mobs. That would have meant releasing the game and ending the fraud. Can’t have that, let’s redo the ‘whole game’.

Set up two year window for complete zone with everything in it. People realize two years are up, ‘let’s redo the game but focus on unique stuff like climbing’.

They don’t want to release and Brad knew. I wonder if them dragging the remains of his pride and name through the mud helped him decide?

Only trolls or morons believe this will ever release.
I haven't been paying much attention for a while now, I didn't even realize the climbing nonsense was part of another complete rework. good lord

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Then why did the Kickstarter fail?

Not that I'm defending this game or the people behind it, but the Kickstarter failed because they had zero done to show anyone when they launched their Kickstarter. They didn't even have a demo, or anything that would pique even the most devout EQ player's interest. They had a concept, a couple of napkin drawings, and a bunch of words. A group of fourth graders could've put together a better Kickstarter. I do think had they had something to show initially, as well as a much more organized Kickstarter in general, they probably would've reached their monetary goal, more than likely several times over. If something as bad as Star Citizen can raise over 200 million, I can't imagine Pantheon couldn't have reached a few million at least. But that just shows you the ineptitude of the people working on this project.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Imma throw you a bone on the memes here

Out of pity

Glory to jesus, another day closer

Edit/PS: let me know which is your favorite and why

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The comment on the video "First we had the Wright Brothers, now we have Da Wrong Brothas" got me.

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users