Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The bit I watched of that, I felt like I wandered into a Southern Baptist Church. Guy has a biblical vocabulary and its kind of off putting. I did notice a lot of frame stutter while he was playing. Whether thats his computer or the game, idk.
I skipped through the vid and happened to land on him saying that it was recorded straight to a usb stick/drive/whatever.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still stand by what I said last time, the animation is god awfull and it feels like an EQ 1 revamp.
Game is not out yet but already looks outdated by a landslide.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's basically a tech demo to get the developers hired at real studios. This is never actually going to be released as a playable game.
Why would these videos get anyone hired other than an entry level position? It shows they can manipulate some stuff in unity and that’s it. Everything about it is trash and it’s taken eight years to get here.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It'd be easier to count the length of development time in Vulcan Pon Farr cycles.

Hey it's only one so far, game should be ready by the next.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I was getting confused as VR said they'd got "seven-figure funding" in mid-January. Then in February Bazgrim interviewed the CEO for YouTube during which he says that the game's development is "throttled by available resources". I think they are paying themselves quite well (Management) and that it's just one of those, let's just pay ourselves very nice wages and benefits while the grift lasts type of things. VR aren't even planning on releasing the game it seems, they just want to build a demo and get publisher backing to fund the rest of the development.

Here's a link to the video in question timestamped to the quote:

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was getting confused as VR said they'd got "seven-figure funding" in mid-January. Then in February Bazgrim interviewed the CEO for YouTube during which he says that the game's development is "throttled by available resources". I think they are paying themselves quite well (Management) and that it's just one of those, let's just pay ourselves very nice wages and benefits while the grift lasts type of things. VR aren't even planning on releasing the game it seems, they just want to build a demo and get publisher backing to fund the rest of the development.

Yeah. They should publish their salaries. Or at least a pie chart of where funding is going. Wonder if 95% is salary. See if people still want to donate then.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its a bummer to see how badly this game has been missmanaged. People love to shit on Brad, for really no reason, but it seemed to be in a better place with him still around.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Definitely grifters. In 2016 they had playable areas that looked ok for a spiritual EQ clone. They just needed to add some playable areas and a few more mobs. That would have meant releasing the game and ending the fraud. Can’t have that, let’s redo the ‘whole game’.

Set up two year window for complete zone with everything in it. People realize two years are up, ‘let’s redo the game but focus on unique stuff like climbing’.

They don’t want to release and Brad knew. I wonder if them dragging the remains of his pride and name through the mud helped him decide?

Only trolls or morons believe this will ever release.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really wish they would’ve just focused on the 2016/2017 rework and made Vanguard 2 without hitching. Every time I’m playing BOTW with my son and I climb something I think of how stupid it is and think of this pile of shit. Many times that is the inspiration for my fallen gif posts.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
1615900331769.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah. They should publish their salaries. Or at least a pie chart of where funding is going. Wonder if 95% is salary. See if people still want to donate then.

95% salary, 5% Unity Store assets. But yeah, they are probably paying themselves handsomely.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, it's software not in production. Most of it would be salary anyway. That's not really a telling criticism.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

I would guess they're mostly remote working? I haven't followed enough to know if that's true. However, if they spent more on licensing/tools/servers than salary at this stage of development, that would be pretty terrible.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I would guess they're mostly remote working? I haven't followed enough to know if that's true. However, if they spent more on licensing/tools/servers than salary at this stage of development, that would be pretty terrible.
Can probably assume they did then.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Aren't some devs almost volunteers? It wouldn't surprise me if the management was milking the bulk of salary from this project.

DickTrickle

Aren't some devs almost volunteers? It wouldn't surprise me if the management was milking the bulk of salary from this project.
I mean, that's a fair point. If too much salary is going to people who are just thinking of ideas and managing, it's a bad sign. However, I thought most people were actually being paid some amount of money.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
My favorite part of this thread is the "they only have one dungeon" meme, that keeps getting switched to the next one they start showing after another.

The office normie slack chat tier gifs only make it better.

DickTrickle

My favorite part of this thread is the "they only have one dungeon" meme, that keeps getting switched to the next one they start showing after another.

The office normie slack chat tier gifs only make it better.
Let's see some elite MMO gamer GIFs from you. Show us that innovative, industry disrupting, trend setting meme vision.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is a holy temple to classic MMO gaming being kept alive. We can keep it in the meme threads imo.

• 1Pathetic