Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Nirgon Nirgon where's my pledge?

I'm barely able to sit up I'm so sick right now lol. I have the psion but might go warrior if the crew needs one. Worst possible timing to get this sick for real.

Edit: didn't even realize what thread this was, I'm in ultra bad shape

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm barely able to sit up I'm so sick right now lol. I have the psion but might go warrior if the crew needs one. Worst possible timing to get this sick for real.

Shit man, get to feeling better. You must be strong like bull to pay for my pre alpha pledge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Damn, sucks that you blew all your cash on Pantheon instead of healthcare

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I feel stupid in that I spent real life $$$ for EQ next, but I got 100% of it back, so I'm good! I have 0$ invested in EQ Next or Pants-Theon, just forum time. I'm sure it'll be out this year! /cackle

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
It definitely started out as mad cuz Brad.

What it's turned into is some kind of sick doubling down on the game must never come out.

I'll be on Vanguard emulator.
But can you clarify - mad because brad had influence in the game or mad because brad is dead?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Influence in the game.

You can feel the seethe in here every time a content update comes out. Or insisting that 350$ is "all of your healthcare money". Just really strange behavior.

Plenty of bad or vapor ware games get ignored. But not this one... why so rabid? People will never admit jealousy in my experience.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Influence in the game.

You can feel the seethe in here every time a content update comes out. Or insisting that 350$ is "all of your healthcare money". Just really strange behavior.

Plenty of bad or vapor ware games get ignored. But not this one... why so rabid? People will never admit jealousy in my experience.
What is it you think people are jealous of?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Influence in the game.

I'm sure this one gets attention because we despise Brad's legacy. It's not the memes. No sir.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Influence in the game.

Because its going on 9 years, with no conceivable end in sight. It's basically mocking itself at this point. Give any game that long and after 3-4 years people are using it as a meme. Star Citizen is basically the same way, though they released something at least iirc.

Sure if the game comes out, more options are a good thing. But don't be naive on why you think its being mocked.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
And how many of those years were spent raising funds, and how many people did they have...

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Influence in the game.

00BADE33-4ECD-4B96-8FAD-FCA1927F149F.gif

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Because it has a link to the forum given it's from an EQ dev and all the shilling for his failed Vanguard game here. Brad being a lolcow helped too.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And how many of those years were spent raising funds, and how many people did they have...

Do you even know the answers to this, or that's your go to cop out?

Here straight from brad's mouth on a similar game : "Quite possible. EQ was done in 3 years for around $8M. March 96 thru March 99. We peaked with about 23 people but most of the time had fewer than that. The tech was primitive by today's standards. The tools probably wouldn't even be called tools today. And the people? We were clueless but determined"

$8 million, at most 23 people but mostly fewer, basically no built in tools, horrible tech and had no clue what they were doing, in 3 years.

Didn't this game get multiple funders over the years? I thought I remember them talking about a angel investor years ago(I want to say 4 years?). Are they just getting 500 grand in pieces and just stop working until they get more?

All I know is this entire thing screams mismanagement. Not as bad as scam citizen(Which has raised an absurd amount of money but seems all that money is going somewhere other then the game).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Do you even know the answers to this, or that's your go to cop out?

Here straight from brad's mouth on a similar game : "Quite possible. EQ was done in 3 years for around $8M. March 96 thru March 99. We peaked with about 23 people but most of the time had fewer than that. The tech was primitive by today's standards. The tools probably wouldn't even be called tools today. And the people? We were clueless but determined"

$8 million, at most 23 people but mostly fewer, basically no built in tools, horrible tech and had no clue what they were doing, in 3 years.

Didn't this game get multiple funders over the years? I thought I remember them talking about a angel investor years ago(I want to say 4 years?). Are they just getting 500 grand in pieces and just stop working until they get more?

All I know is this entire thing screams mismanagement. Not as bad as scam citizen(Which has raised an absurd amount of money but seems all that money is going somewhere other then the game).
23 people, some of which knew how to program databases and networks.

Pan'theon I think is missing a database team and a network team?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
23 people, some of which knew how to program databases and networks.

Pan'theon I think is missing a database team and a network team?

I have no clue. Also this was 1996. I have no idea how different it was compared to today. If compared to just the tech advancement since then, a huge difference. I assume they had a few people that just had experience from MUDs as their sole "we have some clue what we are doing".

Also I would think finding a network/database person these days is a lot easier.

Also that 23 was apparently the max, but not the norm. Maybe they just hired out for certain portions.

Honestly the whole problem with this "Game" could just be funding. $8m back then is compared to what now, 15-20? The most they will say is " 7 figures from someone in 2021" but never any actual numbers. Leads me more to believe its not a constant work environment but something they do on the side or when they have money available. Because even a small team 5-10 drawing salary for the last 8-9 years would be crazy.

But again, could just be mismanagement. If you look at SC with its hundreds of millions in funding yet still no game released in 9 years.