Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
In case you missed the past month's update, they revealed Monk combat updates! Make note of the unity store bought npc assets (they were on sale for $4.99. Mr. Sox's money well spent I'd say)

You can compare this to the Monk gameplay from over 5 years ago.

The game looks great 5 years ago. I am sure it looks even better now! Come on, let's support it!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
You mean after almost a decade you can actually LOG INTO the game!?

That's astonishing.

People here will have had children who have grown up learned coding and made a full fleged AAA MMORPG before this shit will ever see the light of day.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
M&M is going to come out first, and this game will be an afterthought.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey Jerle likely had more than three personalities. Sh/it could def be the first FoH mass shooter.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Want some honest feedback here. My opinion is...

Part 1

I have mixed feelings about the Pantheon situation. If you look at it logically. It's been 8+ years and not a single finished zone to show off yet. There are supposedly 12 zones on the continent of Kings Reach. They have shown off a few dungeons that are modified unity assets and I am hoping they are eventually replaced with real assets. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Someone has made a comment that they recently bought an animal pack from the unity store to show off on their stream. I don't have a problem with it if they are using it as an evaluation build to show off to the investors.

But the problem is the new investor's first question is going to be something like this, "How long this game has been in development? Their response would be like 8+ years but we have made great strides in the last 2 years since our original creator died and so did his vision. So, we have been reorganizing the processes, and we would like to ideally finish the game in honor of his memory." This statement sounds noble, but smart investors will run the fuck away as fast as they can.

Chris Rowan has a lot of favors and contacts over Japan, and he may be able to convince some overseas foreign investors to throw some money at the project for a little while. He was one of the original people behind the Playstation console, but just don't let him carry it home with him. However, Chris/Brad were also the people on the phone as the Sigil staff were locked out of the building and in the company parking lot having a pep rally when they were on the phone with Smed after Microsoft backed away from the project. A lot of people at Sigil left their good-paying jobs at SOE in order to work and take a chance with Brad and his vision. A lot of hurt feelings and broken fences were the results. Most people in life will give you at least one free mulligan, but not two.

I think the new developers that are left on the staff are very passionate people and gamers too. A lot of them want to see the project succeed as do I, but they are not willing yet to quit their current job in order to come to work for the company full-time. Most of the developers I know are located in foreign countries, and I would find it hard to believe that they would travel 5000 miles to a new job and not have a real building to work in and to call home.

But if you listen to their podcasts, they are doing things that advanced companies only do when they are ready to launch like hiring an HR Department. They talk about on stream that the evaluation builds in the hands of the investors now. "Rolls his eyes."

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Fal'len
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
kids-falling-over-bike.gif

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Fal'len
Reactions: 8 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
giphy.gif

dude. I'm trying not to be mean, but I think it's been said a dozen or so times in the past week.

podcast or gtfo.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
You can compare this to the Monk gameplay from over 5 years ago.
Holy god. I was watching the second video and I thought it was kind of in poor taste that someone was running around in green armor with the Aradune tag after Brad died.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

I just open the thread and start laughing at this point. So good.

I really want pantheon to release with a bunch of absurdly op legendary items and they secretly restrict how many you can get and cause you to quit. Then the cycle will be complete.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
LOL

but in all seriousness.

Let's get this right.

Some items have to be absurdly OP while others are next to useless, and can drop from the most trivial of content or the hardest of raids randomly. They will report it works one way that many can drop, and be certain after a long discussion then be completely wrong after I've spent a few hundred hours n change with 2 of them.

Would be amazing tbh. Imagine if EverQuest was retarded enough to do epics like that ahahaha WEW BOY.

9I2k.gif

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I never said that shit Sockdawg. These guys are trying to get to you. You're wise beyond their years. Envy breeds hate, keep your dukes up.

I'm going to bed right now, tomorrow is always another day closer to Pantheon.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hey look it's another day sock man, and one closer no matter how you slice it.

I love having screenshot evidence, don't you? Well, maybe not you, but I do.

94f.png

See you in the winner's circle on launch day. Or maybe I won't!

Have you tried not attacking everyone? Especially those who do right by you?

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I've briefed him on these kinds of harassment and scare tactics. He's wise to your bullshit and you'll not take him from here without a fight.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Hey asshats, don't even joke about a mass shooting from someone who posts here. I've moved all of that to the shaw, any more of that kind of talk gets the people posting it moved to the shaw to keep those posts company.

Smarten up and knock it off.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Hey asshats, don't even joke about a mass shooting from someone who posts here. I've moved all of that to the shaw, any more of that kind of talk gets the people posting it moved to the shaw to keep those posts company.

Smarten up and knock it off.
I insisted he edit the post instead of reporting it, but eh. For a second I thought you moved the whole Pantheon thread to the shaw and about died of laughter.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users