Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
The people who post that kind of stuff have pretty much made up their mind...When Brad responds he's not just trying to reach them.. He's reaching the lurker and giving his side.. Brad replies professionally so he comes out the winner in the rational persons mind who hopefully goes and donates.. Haters gonna hate.. It's part of the deal
Exactly. While there are toxic small boards and sites that might not be worth it, somewhere like there is worth it for the folks who rarely or never post but go there and read. They see Brad's replies, get interested , check out the KS site and maybe begin following over the next week or two and end up supporting it while the others continue blathering on the board.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I agree. What I do not agree with is the reward structure for those that are back funding the game without a checks and balances system to see the investment through. I also do not agree with how a publisher can step in at any moment after a cap ex Kickstarter goal gets a team going, than the revenues created from what are becoming larger and larger crowd funding opportunities go to those who never took the risk, and they see zero return financially while JQ publisher and said development team get the fiscal rewards.
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ Ut,

If people are looking for a return on investment for their money the will go the stock market. Kickstarter is Florence, except we're the Medicis blowing our money on art and/or entertainment. The only thing people are looking for on Kickstarter is something that will entertain them that isn't being produced by a mainstream publisher be it a book, a deck of cards, a board game or an MMO.

The only return I want is a game I can play more than a few months.

If you want to blame someone go blame Congress and the SEC they are the ones who established the investment rules that meant that people like Brad are only supposed to get funds from "Qualified Investors aka Accredited Investors) (aka individual net worth over 1 million) because apparently they have deemed the vast majority of the hoi polloi (that's you and me, unless you're richer than I think you are) as too stupid to invest.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ Ut,

If people are looking for a return on investment for their money the will go the stock market. Kickstarter is Florence, except we're the Medici's blowing our money on art and/or entertainment. The only thing people are looking for on Kickstarter is something that will entertain them that isn't being produced by a mainstream publisher be it a book, a deck of cards, a board game or an MMO.

The only return I want is a game I can play more than a few months.

If you want to blame someone go blame Congress and the SEC they are the ones who established the investment rules that meant that people like Brad are only supposed to get funds from "Qualified Investors aka Accredited Investors) (aka individual net worth over 1 million) because apparently they have deemed the vast majority of the hoi polloi (that's you and me, unless you're richer than I think you are) as to stupid to invest.
I had this huge reply to that post all typed out but............really, what's the point? People spend BILLIONS a year in Vegas and leave broke. Why? BECAUSE ITS FUCKING FUN! Pretty sure we can invest $250+ to back a project because we believe it will be fun. No need for uncle sam to run in and "save us". Thanks UT, but really, we know what were doing.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Kickstarter is Florence, except we're the Medici's blowing our money on art and/or entertainment. The only thing people are looking for on Kickstarter is something that will entertain them that isn't being produced by a mainstream publisher be it a book, a deck of cards, a board game or an MMO.
Yes! Brad = Leonardo

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Hmm.. Don't see a thread there. Anyone have an account to start one?
Nazi mods on PA. Pretty much a mod would have to start the thread since it's a kickstarter or you'd have to petition on a mod to let you start the thread.

Your kickstarter (or the kickstarters of others). There is a blanket ban on the linking of kickstarters
This is one reason I dislike Penny Arcade - the PA guys come across as all cool and indy supporting but they give no real support to kickstarters or indy developers unless the indy devs bribe them with free key codes.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I had this huge reply to that post all typed out but............really, what's the point? People spend BILLIONS a year in Vegas and leave broke. Why? BECAUSE ITS FUCKING FUN! Pretty sure we can invest $250+ to back a project because we believe it will be fun. No need for uncle sam to run in and "save us". Thanks UT, but really, we know what were doing.
Which is taking unsecured funds from consumers with no guarantee of return. This is a real product people are purchasing and as of this point it isn't regulated where the money doesn't go to the crowd investors. Publishers and developers think this is a great idea. And why wouldn't they. No risk all the reward. For me, it's an inherent wrong unless something is guaranteed. This isn't Vegas. People are purchasing what is in the kick starter. And if they don't get it, they don't get their money back. In this industry where even publishers and producers with their jobs on the line can't hold those working under them accountable and we keep seeing shitty product after shitty product Asa result, how on earth did it become acceptable to take away what accountability they * did * have, reduce it to nothing, and accept better results? That's asinine.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Which is taking unsecured funds from consumers with no guarantee of return.
Are you under the assumption that this is some kind of revelation? Some people want a game enough they're willing to fund non-guaranteed games that are attempting to satisfy a neglected nitch. I don't understand why you've made so many posts with so many words repeating the entire premise of kickstarter.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't seen this but I miss a massive amount of posts in this thread with how fast it moves. I want to request that we have first and last names. The whole you pick this one name and no last thing irks the fuck out of me. I would prefer the eq method where you earn your last name at a certain point.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Which is taking unsecured funds from consumers with no guarantee of return. This is a real product people are purchasing and as of this point it isn't regulated where the money doesn't go to the crowd investors. Publishers and developers think this is a great idea. And why wouldn't they. No risk all the reward. For me, it's an inherent wrong unless something is guaranteed. This isn't Vegas. People are purchasing what is in the kick starter. And if they don't get it, they don't get their money back. In this industry where even publishers and producers with their jobs on the line can't hold those working under them accountable and we keep seeing shitty product after shitty product Asa result, how on earth did it become acceptable to take away what accountability they * did * have, reduce it to nothing, and accept better results? That's asinine.
Can you find ONE PERSON on here who thinks this game is guaranteed?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Great. You hate Kickstarter and think it should be regulated like everything else. Take it to General and or send emails to Mike Bloomberg about this grave injustice.