Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is risk involved. They fail, they all fail and probably never get funding or backing again. Look Ut, I know what you are saying and I agree. But there is some cool shit coming from Kickstarter that would of never happened if it wasn't for Kickstarter. Wasteland 2, looks fucking amazing. So does Planescape. In fact one just opened up to make one of my favorite games and genres in the world, a FF tactics like game. And I could go on and on. Yeah there is some shit on there as well, but its up to you to look, see and use your judgment for what you wanna back, if anything at all. It gives the devs a chance to make the game that THEY wanna make, not what the investors wanna see, (Hello another WoW clone inc..... Or some shitty FPS)

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
well, he mentioned somewhere(maybe here) that dungeons will be so large groups will actually have places they can safely camp at.. I'm assuming hes thinking some players may look to sell shit at those locations? I'm ok with AH's if they are regional.. I just hate the global system.. I'd prefer a straight trading system tho
A giant dungeon, where you have three or four different access points that are mini-dungeons that lead to the middle dungeon that is actually a city where each of the outer factions have their own areas/neighborhoods. You'll have quests from your chosen faction invading the other factions areas. You'll have every faction with their own markets, so players can make extra change by buying from one factions AH and listing on the other. Or players can work to improve faction at all, and become their own dealers. Or just deal with other players directly to not have to bother with faction AHs and taxes and shit.

And if you're really good and spend the time, hell, let us build positive faction with all sides (and make named mobs a big enough exp hit you can't just build up faction and farm them constantly. Like a few named mobs kills and you're back to full kos.

Such an area would tick all sorts of boxes we want. Meaningful travel due to faction states, and having to basically fight your way into the city in the first place (maybe set up some 'friendly' outposts at various points on the fight into the city, so you may spend days or weeks fighting into the main city, and then days or weeks more working on faction enough to not be kos to at least one group once you get into the city). It would obviously utilize faction. Would make regional marketplaces interesting, let players play the market, give a reason to interact directly. Group content, complex dungeons, a real, living world, etc.

It's like Vanguards swamp quests or Velious' factions, but all in a centralized hub where shit matters even more.

I want this. MAKE IT SO!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Can you find ONE PERSON on here who thinks this game is guaranteed?
Tad
smile.png

Look I get it. I just don't agree with the ethics from the publishers. There is some real shady shit going on right now with it, that's all I'll say. Moving on.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
You could always poke your head into the Project Pantheon boards and say hi, Brad. Not exactly the market you need to sell, but there's a lot of enthusiasm there and I'm sure the community would like the nod.

Remit_sl

shitlord
$45 for a game that may exist in 3 years, from a guy who created 2 other games I really liked
And 30 days free
And alpha and beta

I can take that risk.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I'd suggest GUcomics as an avenue but Artic_Slicer already threw up a post and that site is dead. Woody just needs to throw GU into the zapper and say his goodbyes at this point.

You seriously need to try to get an AMA going on Reddit. The importance of using Reddit for a word-of-mouth campaign cannot be overstated. Since you're the face for the Q&A videos do an AMA as Brad since that is going to be the most marketable aspect of Pantheon at the moment. Plug the Kickstarter in your initial post. I'd try to set up in the next couple weeks or use it as a push for the last few days of the Kickstarter.

No one else has said it yet that I have seen but Pantheon needs collectibles like EQ2 and Rift. EQ2 invented the "shiny" and Rift really cranked it up a notch. Both EQ2 and Rift developers have stated multiple times that one of the most popular aspect of the game is the collectibles. Rift is even implementing a crafting class to use the "shinies" in different ways. Pantheon needs easy to design and implement fluff like this to help keep people interested in my opinion. Ideally collection items are fluff rewards like house items and such as physical testament to what you have found and where you have been.

Public quests. This is a no brainer. I haven't seen interaction of people on a scale like public quests bring since EQ and FFXI era of MMOs. You want to create large dungeons like living ecosystems of players? Great use public quests to link everyone int he dungeon together working for rewards. Guk style live side and dead side dungeon use a PQ to pit the dungeon delvers against one another and the winning side gets the rewards from the PQ. Don't half ass it like they did in EQ2. Utilize the hell out of the public quest mechanic. Public quests gets people grouped and working together and removes significant amounts of tedium involved int he process of getting the group together.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^ I agree on the public quests. Done right they are fun as hell.

Yeah, reddit is the place. But fuck navigating that palce. Its like a never ending maze of shit. Never liked going there.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Tad
smile.png

Look I get it. I just don't agree with the ethics from the publishers. There is some real shady shit going on right now with it, that's all I'll say. Moving on.
Stop being a jackass, pledge the 45 bucks so you get into the alpha.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
^^ I agree on the public quests. Done right they are fun as hell.

Yeah, reddit is the place. But fuck navigating that palce. Its like a never ending maze of shit. Never liked going there.
I loved the public quests in DoV in eq2. So I second that, if done right, it's great for socializing and it's fun.
and reddit. It IS apparently the place to be but ugh. I don't get it. I've tried several times to check it out and it's just like you said... a maze of shit.

Ceythos_sl

shitlord
I loved the public quests in DoV in eq2. So I second that, if done right, it's great for socializing and it's fun.
and reddit. It IS apparently the place to be but ugh. I don't get it. I've tried several times to check it out and it's just like you said... a maze of shit.
I'm new to reddit, but myself and a few of the others will be ramping up over there soon. And you're absolutely right, the maze is hard to navigate - could just be my newbishness though :/