Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Too much light in your gameroom. Needs more dungeon like feel.
2m5dt3r.jpg

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Group play...Group play...Group play...

Its such a huge focus for the game, but what has been said about what type of innovative systems will make it succeed? One of the main reasons I quit SWTOR early was no LFG system. GW2 was similar and people resorted to outside websites to help find groups. Pantheon has limited teleportation and fast travel so a goof LFG system is pretty much out of the question because they depend on teleporting to the dungeon.

A lot of MMOs have tried to achieve it through public quest systems. Warhammer,FFXIV,GW2 and Rift etc. They work ok, but they often encourage cheesing it for some classes and get boring pretty fast.

Then you have systems like Marvel heroes that can encourage natural groups by letting everyone share max XP for any contribution/being in the area. There is no sitting around waiting for grouping to happen, people naturally congregate to the action.

EQ2 amd GW1 have companion systems, which I like over most other systems. It lets you experience the feeling of group content with automated group members, but still less efficient than a real group. If I have a 2 hour block to play, I'm not going to play the game that requires you to sit around for 1hr to even be able to enjoy the game.

I think what a lot of people really miss about Eq1 is the carefree days of college with the ability to hang around EC tunnel all day etc while doing homework etc while waiting for a group spot and playing at will when the pager buzzes and rare boss is up. Even then it took you 30 min to even get everyone to the start of the raid. Most EQ1 players are a lot more restricted in time commitments these days and need systems that get the player into action asap. I think a lot of EQ1 nostalgia is based on wanting to go back to the days of limited commitments and plenty of free time to camp stuff for hours and when people actually get into the game they will lose interest fast if there isn't some innovative systems built in to the game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ha just hit #1 on mmorpg.com

Devs need to get in that sub forum tho.. Lots of people will be checking it out. We did our part by hyping it to 1

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I think if this thing takes off you may see a resurrection of the 'old days' of MMO communities, or at least something that resembles them.

Like others have said, paying for a product that doesn't exist, may never exist, and could suck is.... Well it's crazy; but, the amount of dedication and excitement that all these backers will have combined with the feeling of being part of something, I mean, they literally paid for the funding of a game and had their ideas influence it, that feeling of belonging..that sounds like the start of a community fellars. /tear

Sure, it'll still be a cesspool. Sure people will swap cloth shirts for fungis, but you know....maybe....just maybe...people will talk again, or type again ..to each other

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Group play...Group play...Group play...

Its such a huge focus for the game, but what has been said about what type of innovative systems will make it succeed?.
Nothing innovative. Creating a trinity class system and tough mobs that requiring grouping from early on to efficiently gain XP, as in EQ1.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I think if this thing takes off you may see a resurrection of the 'old days' of MMO communities, or at least something that resembles them.

Like others have said, paying for a product that doesn't exist, may never exist, and could suck is.... Well it's crazy; but, the amount of dedication and excitement that all these backers will have combined with the feeling of being part of something, I mean, they literally paid for the funding of a game and had their ideas influence it, that feeling of belonging..that sounds like the start of a community fellars. /tear

Sure, it'll still be a cesspool. Sure people will swap cloth shirts for fungis, but you know....maybe....just maybe...people will talk again, or type again ..to each other
Ill go with maybe people will have fun again and play passed the 30 free days. There are 3 mmo's that i played passed the free 30 days. EQ, WoW (played for 3 months) and VG played for almost 2 years. So, yeah! I could count on many many games i spent 50 bucks on that after the 30 days i never ever touched again and gave my accounts away. So, even if there is .9 percent change it works its better then 0. As a Chiefs fan, i know .9 percent chance of losing a play off game when your up 4 touch downs can happen! lol

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You don't need innovation, just give us a open world, good combat, good animations and some tough content and its all wee need. EMERGENT Bitches@!

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
just want to be a PvP melee again and joust my little heart out

p.s. the artstyle looks like Todd MacFarlane's UO2 art plus waterworld.