Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

bytes

Molten Core Raider
The KS is to START making a game, not continue or finish making one. Getting in at this point of pre-development may have been a mistake, but the basic facts of the situation aren't hard to find if you want to do more than find the most accessible thing to bitch about.
Kickstarter thinks otherwise: "We've already started development of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, but we need your help. The money raised here on Kickstarter will be used to hire additional employees and bring this project to completion."

Ok, the FAQ further down then comes around with a different statement. So they bascially say once they've proven there's interest in a game like this, someone else will help with the funding. Why are people bashing Ut again for claiming SOE has its hand in this?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He'll say "we're developers, not publishing experts, we didn't budget accordingly" then snort some more crushed oxy
Finally it comes out...This isn't about the KS or game.. It's just personal to you. We get it!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kickstarter thinks otherwise: "We've already started development of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, but we need your help. The money raised here on Kickstarter will be used to hire additional employees and bring this project to completion."

Ok, the FAQ further down then comes around with a different statement. So they bascially say once they've proven there's interest in a game like this, someone else will help with the funding. Why are people bashing Ut again for claiming SOE has its hand in this?
I didn't disagree with UT.. I actually made the comment myself. Brad stated they are all in with EQN/EQL tho..

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Finally it comes out...This isn't about the KS or game.. It's just personal to you. We get it!
Please stop it, he is absolutely right. If you're a craftsman and walk into a bank, throwing a hastly scribbled page at them which reads "JOHN. A. DUMBFUCKS BSUINESS PLAN LOL" and tell them you don't know how this works, they'll show you the door. I fail to see how this is any different, especially if my project relies on the success of the KS.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Please stop it, he is absolutely right. If you're a craftsman and walk into a bank, throwing a hastly scribbled page at them which reads "JOHN. A. DUMBFUCKS BSUINESS PLAN LOL" and tell them you don't know how this works, they'll show you the door. I fail to see how this is any different, especially if my project relies on the success of the KS.
He's arguing a point we have all agreed on lol! So for him to take it a step further and get personal means to me anyway, that there is nothing Brad can say, or do that will change how he feels. It's personal for him.. He's not being objective at this point.. We all think the KS/Info should be better.. We are just more open minded about Brad and his ability to see things through.. he obvious isn't.. So what's the point of him posting in this thread since he's made it clear it's a personal attack?

bayr_sl

shitlord
He's arguing a point we have all agreed on lol! So for him to take it a step further and get personal means to me anyway, that there is nothing Brad can say, or do that will change how he feels. It's personal for him.. He's not being objective at this point.. We all think the KS/Info should be better.. We are just more open minded about Brad and his ability to see things through.. he obvious isn't/
It's not personal at all. I'm looking at an extremely poorly made Kickstarter of a poorly hashed out MMO with an unrealistically low goal for the genre of game and a guy telling me he doesn't fully understand Kickstarter. Like what the fuck are you doing? For real.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's arguing a point we have all agreed on lol! So for him to take it a step further and get personal means to me anyway, that there is nothing Brad can say, or do that will change how he feels. It's personal for him.. He's not being objective at this point.. We all think the KS/Info should be better..We are just more open minded about Brad and his ability to see things through.. he obvious isn't/
I would call that a leap of faith, considering the track history we're talking about here.

Ex-Sigil Employee Speaks Out

It's not personal at all. I'm looking at an extremely poorly made Kickstarter of a poorly hashed out MMO with an unrealistically low goal for the genre of game and a guy telling me he doesn't fully understand Kickstarter. Like what the fuck are you doing? For real.
We are trying to help. Because while Brad may not know Kickstarter, he knows MMO's. And there are hundreds, maybe thousands of us who have been wanting a game like this for a long time now. So rather than just join the dogpile, we're trying to lend a hand and stay positive.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Storybricks is not SoE's to give out so unless Brad pays for a license he won't be using it.
Last I heard, SB is currently exclusive to Sony. So no, Brad could not use SB tech without Sony's permission at this point in time. That said, I don't see how it would fit exactly as SB mob combat AI is anti-trinity.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Look you beat this horse to death. We all know that you have successfully ran 27 kickstarters yourself and are thus the only person able to give this information out. Brad compared to you is a drooling retard compared to you. Your masters degree is in Kickstarting ...

He knows what he has to do, has said that he knows, has said that he is going to do it. End of story on that.
Seriously, ya don't have to repeat the same shit every hour.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dear Draegan and my fellow MMORPG enthusiasts.

I am here to formally announce my Kickstarter for "MMO Forum Quest tm". What we will do is make the discussion of MMORPG's a game where you get loot for slaying other posters. Some posters can be white knights, others can be evil assassin's. We will even have clerics that can bridge the mortal wound between two players with their soothing words spell. It is my intention to bring this project to fruition by receiving money from Kickstarter, and to receive advice and feedback for the same game that said posters will be playing in the future, and are currently playing now, except it will be monetized. You will be able to quest while you talk about questing in the game which is also the forum. If this makes no sense to you, please do not worry as the forum goers will right the wrongs of my Kickstarter, and we will be on the road to financial freedom quicker than you can say "start the money presses!". Who's in?

jilena_sl

shitlord
/\/\ Funny thing is, 75% of everything that made EQ magical was a design mistake which then became player made styles of play.

You can't recreate that. And Brad should have figured that out with Vanguard.
I think EQ has a ton of memorable facets that were most definitely design mistakes or at least unintended consequences of intended design over time (cheal).

I do think the spirit of the game can be recaptured but the problem is everyone focuses on these mistakes or unintended consequences as necessities in a new game as the way to do that. I don't think you need corpse runs, fd pulling, cheal chains, massive downtime on your butt, a max of 8 abilities memmed, no fast travel, massive cc, etc to recapture that.

The things to focus on in my opinion are how players interacted with one another in EQ and how to recreate that rather than trying to stick to individual points that were painful or awesome enough for people to remember years later. I want the ridiculous feeling of accomplishment and camaraderie I felt when downing something difficult in EQ with my friends. I want the disappointment and annoyance I felt after a massive failure. I want to feel like I need the other players that I share the world with. I want to feel like I want to punch my monitor in a fit of nerd rage after getting fist fucked by a PK for the 6th time in a row while I try to recover my body.

Hell. I want to feel SOMETHING when playing these games besides OH SHIT 27 MORE MOBS TO KILL AND THAT BLUE SWORD IS MINE YAWWWWNN.

DefectorToN_sl

shitlord
Im a backer, but not because of Brad or nostolgia.. (although that did get me to look into this project)

Im justnota backer of any mainstream MMO project.. so I have extra money to throw at this in hope, not expectation, that it will result positively.

MMOs have been so horrible lately. If this doesnt get funded fully, I get my money back. If it is funded, then I didnt lose much and the backing of this might make a few changes in thinking within in the industry. Plus theres a small chance the game turns out well. Small gamble.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I am using 2:40est to 2:40est they made 16k in that time.

I don't know how that website does it but I Guess it's simply from midnight to midnight.

That projection seems wrong... Stats analysis is my pretty hardcore hobby and part time job, although anyone could come up with a decent projection for this pretty easily. Based on the numbers for the other MMO KS I just don't see how that works. Maybe I will take an hour or two so and really look at the numbers and come up with a good projection range.

Even if it does Average 20k a day from now till the end your only ending up with 835k. Where the fuck does that 1.1m come from? I hope it's not simply taking an average of whats happened so far and projecting that, thats pretty useless.

Anyways I badly want this to be funded I just do not like the numbers.
that projection is based on how much they initially received. it will drop over time. it's like downloading 50 gig bandwidth first day and your projection for the month is, let say, 500 gig. But over time, it will drops to 300 gig because you only download 2 gig/day for awhile.

1 mil projection is based on assumption that the projection will continue to receive 50k everyday. projection will drop as they receive less and less donations. by the last week of the kickstarter, projection should look accurate.