Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

jilena_sl

shitlord
There's a huge difference between being skeptical of a product, and Utnayan's drivel of "I have a friend on the inside who says it's all a conspiracy" but doesn't have any actual details to give. I agree 100% on real, valid criticisms. I don't think the tinfoil hat nonsense is necessary.
Well I guess I just sorta ignore the I KNOW XYZ BECAUSE OF MY INSIDE SOURCES comments from anyone I don't already know in person. My thought with him was that he did present valid criticisms and questions none of which have been addressed. I just hate the overly feel good shit where everyone is patting each other on the back and no one is criticizing anything more than anyone drumming up their self importance be it factually or otherwise.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You can end all your embarrassment while I make this thread epic by going up to see John.
There's a staircase from Minnesota to San Diego?

rrr_img_57100.jpg

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I was interviewed by SOE. By lots of game companies. I don't see the issue. I mean, if SOE is backing this game, I don't really care in the end as long as I get what I want. As the industry stands now, this project is the only chance of that. It's worth the risk.
As of this point the only reason I care is because a lackey at SOE who works for one of the most notoriously horrible directors in all of the industry doesn't know one simple fact of the business end behind this project.

Villide

Trakanon Raider
Elaine's current job - from her LinkedIn page:

Sr. Recruiter- Contract
Advantage Sales & Marketing
March 2013 ? Present (11 months)San Diego/Irvine

Working on upcoming launch forlarge retailer in multiple states. Hired 15+ employees per week for marketing and promotions. Responsible for sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, offers, and onboarding each candidate.
Not sure SOE qualifies as a "large retailer in multiple states", but YMMV.

Vandraad_sl

shitlord
I'm making this up as well.

Suites By Holiday Inn Staybridge
> > Suites
> > Phone:858-453-5343
> > 6639 MIRA MESA BLVD, SAN DIEGO CA 92121
>
> > SAN DI
> > Fax:858-453-5393
> > Number of Rooms: 1 Room Guaranteed
> > Confirmation#: 64373057 Rate: 119.99USD
> > Check Out: 04Dec Monday (1 Night)
> > Cancel Before 1 Day(s) prior to Arrival
> >
> > DIRECT BILL SONY ONLINE CC ON FILE NS KING
> BED
Idiot...you should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brad,

If you don't mind ignoring the side show.

About the cleric reveal, is the idea you can use equipment to spec Cleric i(eq cleric) or cleric II (vg blood mage).

it wasn't clear.
Or are they sub classes under the cleric archetype?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Dear *******.

I'd like to schedule you for an interview to help design our game Habitat. I think it will be a step forward for MUDs

Randy Farmer

Dear Randy Farmer,

I would but I'm helping Senator Gore make something he calls the World Wide Web. It will probably be a huge failure like all of his previous work but graphical MUDs are going nowhere anyways.

Sincerely yours,
Utnayan

spronk

FPS noob
If you value this industry at all, if you want an mmog to play,this is your last chance. This is it. Do you get it? There's ISN'T anything left. There's nothing. You'll probablybe deadbefore another real mmog comes out, and fucking sadly no, that is NOT hyperbole.
IN THE ARRRRRMS OF AN ANGEL...
FLY AWAY FROM HEEEERE...
FROM THIS DARK COLD HOTEL ROOOOOOOM...
AND THE ENDLESSNESS THAT YOU FEEEAAAARRR...

qKV8t.png

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Idiot...you should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
I couldn't buck the system yet. Going to go buy a new washer and dryer for my new house. I can't wait to see the replies... Trust me folks I'm just gearing up. It's truth time.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Elaine's current job - from her LinkedIn page:

Not sure SOE qualifies as a "large retailer in multiple states", but YMMV.
Contract recruiters work for multiple companies at a time, and the game industry uses them often. So it's very possible she recruits for SOE but doesn't work there. Who cares either way though.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Again per her LinkedIn page, she worked for Sony as a recruiter from October 2006 to October 2007. Right in Elidroth's timeframe.
I dont have a linkedIn Account. i didnt want to sign up. I went to her facebook page instead. Still valid though, she doesnt work for SoE.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I couldn't buck the system yet. Going to go buy a new washer and dryer for my new house. I can't wait to see the replies... Trust me folks I'm just gearing up. It's truth time.
Who runs off in this middle of this.. You're down 0-1 tho so you need to bring it!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm making this up as well.

Suites By Holiday Inn Staybridge
> > Suites
> > Phone:858-453-5343
> > 6639 MIRA MESA BLVD, SAN DIEGO CA 92121
>
> > SAN DI
> > Fax:858-453-5393
> > Number of Rooms: 1 Room Guaranteed
> > Confirmation#: 64373057 Rate: 119.99USD
> > Check Out: 04Dec Monday (1 Night)
> > Cancel Before 1 Day(s) prior to Arrival
> >
> > DIRECT BILL SONY ONLINE CC ON FILE NS KING
> BED
What year?

jilena_sl

shitlord
Are you telling me that any moron can start a kickstarter and say 'we're going to make an MMO with EQ grassroots', put a bunch of text on different ideas about what made EQ great and how you're going to visit the glory days again and you guys would gladly donate money to that? Because it brings 'hope'? Or is it simply because Brad is behind it? You know, the same one who tried this once before, with corporate backing I might add and it flamed out in one of the most impressive flameouts (for the game and the company) the industry has ever seen?
This is 100% because it is Brad. While I agree VG was a clusterfuck I'd probably rank it #3 on my list of favorite mmos. Considering his first mmo gets my #1 slot and his second even if a failure in many many respects STILL gets my #3. It being Brad is a pretty big deal. Do I think he'd lie out of his ass, inflate the likely success of this game, and bullshit all of us for money? Fuck yes I do. Please feel free to point out someone in this industry who wouldn't though. Hell anyone in business period. I know what I'm spending money on, I know it's likely a pipe dream, I still want it though and if I'm out a tiny chunk of my income I'd probably spend on console games I'd never play instead... Oh noes.