Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Brad has an authentic depth of knowledge and passion about what makes a great MMORPG experience.
Brad has an authentic [drug addiction] and passion [for firing employees in a parking lot and not even having the guts to be present].

There, FTFY.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'll call in favors with every goddamn pharmacist I know if it'll help get whatever this is released in under five years.
Vicodin and Ambien is what brought us Vanguard. You'd think with all the nodding and lucid dreaming there'd be a lot less brown. This time make sure they slip him Adderall in place of his opiates.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Suspected this was coming after some back and forths with Brad. I think he may of got permission for EQ3? The industry was due to head in a niche direction and I think SoE sees the promise of small team/budget and expand if the game takes off. I'm expecting that's what we will get.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I hope he does this via Kickstarter. This thread will be fucking awesome when it inevitably misses its proposed dates on Kickstarter. I'm not even remotely interested in this until there is more than just shill-speak coming from Brad.
If Camelot Unchained can fufill their kickstarter goals, Brad surely can.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
A small MMO made by Brad and co? I can get behind that. I can never trust the guy with a big budget project again, though.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Who is Brad working with on this project? Also, why such a short stint with SoE? Didn't they put him in charge of EQ? I'm thinking this was known in the beginning. They picked his brain and ran some things by him for EQNext then tossed him in the corner. I'm thinking he was just biding his time to see if a couple things worked out before he tossed his SoE paycheck aside.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Would fund the kickstarter to just get in closed forums alone , the VG closed beta forums were quite the entertainment.

Honestly though, I'd hope he's learned his lessons from previous trainwreck with the Vanguard process , and if truly was shooting for those of us who've wanted to throw up over various EQN elements , I'd probably fund a little and sub/buy a game
he made just because Vanguard still to this day is the closest model of a game I'd like to play. A modern , more functional VG/EQ3 type game is far closer to what I want to play than most of the shit thrown at us the past few years.

(FFXIV ARR is only think remotely close so far for me in enjoyment terms)

Also someone send him a message to come sign up and start posting here
smile.png

tad10

Elisha Dushku
He needs to hire a project manager and not shoot up all the development money.

Otherwise he has always had some good design ideas.

Vanguard was over ambitious and mis managed but it was closer than any of the other shit released since WoW to what I want in a game.
He needs to be kept on a medium-length leash by a money-man as CEO. Otherwise he'll fuck up again and spend 98% of his money on Art Assets and Design and 2% on coding tools (i.e. VG Debacle 2.0). The single biggest reason why Vanguard failed was that he tried to do too much - if he had cut out a couple of races and saved them for a later expansion, cut out a couple of classes (in addition to the two he did cut) and saved them for a later expansion and cut out Thestra, VG would have shipped ontime and relatively bug-free.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
agree 100%. people can hate on brad all they want, but as broken as vanguard was, it's still better than just about anything that's currently out. EQN is just another WoW clone. brad knows that, and he's smart enough to know that it will more than likely fail a few months after launch and that a true successor to the original EQ is what a lot of people want (i know i do).
EQN is not a WoW clone it is Diablolminecraft. It is however, unlikely to be something those of us who like EQ/VG will play long-term. I enjoyed LOL for a month. I can imagine myself enjoying EQN for at least a month I just don't see the longevity given horizontal progression. At the end of the day I like levels, I like classes, I like Diku-style combat none of which are in EQN.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Also someone send him a message to come sign up and start posting here
smile.png
Doubt that's going to happen with some of the comments already made in this thread, which is a shame. I've already made the comment before but obviously this board is damn near moderation free and open to attacks on people's personal lives. Not on me to make that call, but it's easy enough to understand why developers would never want to post here (and that applies to more than just Brad). Open discussion and criticism are one thing, straight venom is another.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If people (for example, game devs) aren't comfortable being badmouthed on the internet, then they need to keep in mind what the odds are that their actions are going to be offensive to an arbitrary person on the internet. The intelligent people (hopefully some game devs are among these intelligent people) are going to realize that the odds are for all practical purposes: 100%, 100% of the time, no matter what the actions and audience are. Game devs expecting to get the /r/EQN treatment is a symptom of a much larger problem that exists in the real world.

Mellent_sl

shitlord
Devs don't expect it. They know they won't get that treatment everywhere(e: the reddit treatment).

And that's why they'd probably stay far away from here.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Devs don't expect it. They know they won't get that treatment everywhere(e: the reddit treatment).

And that's why they'd probably stay far away from here.
Which is a shame, because I seem to remember back in the old days there was a fair amount of Dev involvement, right up to Curt being run out on a rail. Not that those guys didn't have some measure of something coming but the sheer vitriol pouring out of people (t)here? Sheeeeeeeeeeet. Given the choice as a Dev wanting to get feedback from a community, I would choose the sycophants at Reddit over the spitemongers that populated those boards. It would be easier to wade through the fluff to find a silver nugget than dredge through the hate to find diamonds. The cost of being involved (t)here is just too high.

Anyway, looking forward to playing an EQ3 with less brown. Although, I have to admit, without the first crack exposure that was EQ and friends playing to draw me back in, I don't know that I would have stayed with it; I burned out/ragequit a few times, very much the mirror-opposite of his comments re: EQN. Mad props still, though, for that great work during SOE Live, bro, even if you weren't able to stay on the optimism express.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The difference here is, people speak their minds. If you aren't up for that, and just want people sucking your cock, stay away. I really despise the hero worship some of you have for Devs. Hint: nothing you say is going to influence anything they do. That you think otherwise is "cute".

Mellent_sl

shitlord
The difference here is, people speak their minds. If you aren't up for that, and just want people sucking your cock, stay away. I really despise the hero worship some of you have for Devs. Hint: nothing you say is going to influence anything they do. That you think otherwise is "cute".
There is a difference between speaking one's mind as if they were speaking it to someone's face, and the "speaking one's mind" that goes on here.

One of them is far more pleasant than the other.

You take a guess as to which one.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is a difference between speaking one's mind as if they were speaking it to someone's face, and the "speaking one's mind" that goes on here.

One of them is far more pleasant than the other.

You take a guess as to which one.
The internet exposes people to the unpleasant truths that people are too polite to tell them to their face. How dumb do you have to be to see this as a bad thing?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
That's fine, that's how this board is and will stay. Accept it or move on. But how dumb do you have to be to not understand why developers don't post here? Better yet, how weak is your thought process if you can't see that people can be honest and critical without vomiting a string of expletives? It's hard to grasp, but there is a middle ground between dev ass kissing and raw hatred.