Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
The dream isnt looking good! 5k for the day is ouch! Then again, there was alot of football and everyone i know is at someones house watching the game and bbq'ing/pizza.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
The one question I've asked but I'm almost certain won't be answered until after February 22: If the Kickstarter doesn't get funded, will the Visionary Realms team push on? This is one of the last remaining hopes I have for caring about MMOs and should the KS go south, I don't want to feel like all hope is lost.
Well, Brad did say that what he wants to do is make MMORPGs, so I think he'll try to push on even if this Kickstarter fails. I hope so at least. Well, before that, I hope this Kickstarter succeeds.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone needs to notify TB, Angry Joe and Force... that's ~4 million gamers.
I will try to get their contact info when I get home.

Zaven_sl

shitlord
Tweeted him just now
smile.png
Thank you, he really talks fondly about Everquest, and when you really think about how limited the amount of famous people that we know played EQ, we really need to reach them all. Does anyone know of any more?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Thank you, he really talks fondly about Everquest, and when you really think about how limited the amount of famous people that we know played EQ, we really need to reach them all. Does anyone know of any more?
opie and anthony. one of those idiots played EQ. talked about it on their radio show all the time. think he was even in the guild "cats n hats" for a while. not even sure if they're on the air anymore or not.

Zaven_sl

shitlord
opie and anthony. one of those idiots played EQ. talked about it on their radio show all the time. think he was even in the guild "cats n hats" for a while. not even sure if they're on the air anymore or not.
Yea, i just read about that. We need to tweet to those kinds of people.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
make some roaming world dragons that take like 100+ people to kill. figure out how to incentivize people to participate in the fight without having to suffer through player politics to figure out how to divvy up the items that drop. quest flags or something. make it a big deal... general chat should blow up with "holy fuck, lord flameclaw is destroying shirevale right now! this isn't good, we need all the help we can get!" everyone that comes and participates should get some sort of reward for helping save the village. just getting a chance to help/see/participate should be an incentive too, but make sure that everyone that shows up gets at least a little something out of it.

maybe collecting dragon scales makes you more powerful or something idk.

but make it TOUGH.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
oh, and if they don't manage to kill lord flameclaw, then shirevale should be a very dangerous place for awhile. make it that dynamic.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol, damn, may be the saddest shit I've ever seen. Not sure what happened to that 10k backer.
You know anyone can back the project with that 10k tier the whole duration of the kickstarter and just two hours before it ends they can switch to $10 (or nothing at all).

The reason why the project is not doing well is due to how underwhelming the kickstarter page is and how the tiers lack incentive. Remember Hex's tiers? How people were using scripts to jump into them? THAT kickstarter was done right.

It's shocking that I, an "old school games" enthusiast, find this project's message lacking passion. I really didn't feel any kind of hooks; and this is THE game I want to play. Imagine that.

I still think it can be mended; you have no idea how those YouTube channels can affect kickstarter projects and it costs no money. I think Brad needs to PR his project by communicating with TotalBisquit, Angry Joe and Force. Maybe ask Joe for an interview so Joe can ask Brad's some questions.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
You know anyone can back the project with that 10k tier the whole duration of the kickstarter and just two hours before it ends they can switch to $10 (or nothing at all).

The reason why the project is not doing well is due to how underwhelming the kickstarter page is and how the tiers lack incentive. Remember Hex's tiers? How people were using scripts to jump into them? THAT kickstarter was done right.

It's shocking that I, an "old school games" enthusiast, find this project's message lacking passion. I really didn't feel any kind of hooks; and this is THE game I want to play. Imagine that.

I still think it can be mended; you have no idea how those YouTube channels can affect kickstarter projects and it costs no money. I think Brad needs to PR his project by communicating with TotalBisquit, Angry Joe and Force. Maybe ask Joe for an interview so Joe can ask Brad's some questions.
Yeah...I still haven't pledged, and I love McQuaid as a developer. I was there reading the Vanguard Post-Mortems the days they were coming out. Biggest problem is no one on that team has any idea how to raise funds, media attention, or otherwise 'produce' and it really shows. Definitely should've ran this by someone who knows how to game viral marketing (and done more work PRIOR to launching the KS) but what's done is done. I'm uncertain as to how he should proceed.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Yeah...I still haven't pledged, and I love McQuaid as a developer. I was there reading the Vanguard Post-Mortems the days they were coming out. Biggest problem is no one on that team has any idea how to raise funds, media attention, or otherwise 'produce' and it really shows. Definitely should've ran this by someone who knows how to game viral marketing (and done more work PRIOR to launching the KS) but what's done is done. I'm uncertain as to how he should proceed.
Pull it down, explain to people they were excited and over zealous and it will be back up on January 27th or the beginning of February spend a week getting their shit together. Use that week to actually put a plan together, put some effort into the whole thing, talk to everyone they can, line up support form all the people that have been mentioned and then collectively push the fucking thing for all that it's worth.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
make some roaming world dragons that take like 100+ people to kill. figure out how to incentivize people to participate in the fight without having to suffer through player politics to figure out how to divvy up the items that drop. quest flags or something. make it a big deal... general chat should blow up with "holy fuck, lord flameclaw is destroying shirevale right now! this isn't good, we need all the help we can get!" everyone that comes and participates should get some sort of reward for helping save the village. just getting a chance to help/see/participate should be an incentive too, but make sure that everyone that shows up gets at least a little something out of it.

maybe collecting dragon scales makes you more powerful or something idk.

but make it TOUGH.
They did something almost exactly like this in GW2. However, it kind of sucked. Initially they were all pretty easy because you could just zerg them. It was damn awesome the first few times, but still very easy. They revamped some (or added new ones) that were much harder but then required genuine planning that really only a guild can offer and the zerg could actually fuck it up by not following instructions. It's a pretty difficult task to balance risk vs reward there.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Brad needs to PR his project by communicating with TotalBisquit, Angry Joe and Force. Maybe ask Joe for an interview so Joe can ask Brad's some questions.
Yea, I watch all three of these guys and they do gaming development titles all the time. Obviously if you could interest those guys it would be huge. I know Joe listens to his fans a lot so if he got asked I'm sure he would.