Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Trathos_sl

shitlord
The thing is that some of you take ANYTHING that upsets you as "trolling". Someone coming to this thread saying that the game looks like shit instantly gets labelled a troll by some thin skinned asshole. Someone has a different opinion than you? He must be a troll!

It is pathetic honestly. The mods do a good job of nuking trolls. They are not obligated to RRP everyone who makes you angry though. Quite a few of you need to man the fuck up.
Um no....as I mentioned in my post earlier, some people here who I disagreed with still actually gave some good constructive criticism and I actually believed they wanted to genuinely help. I would not consider those people "trolls".

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well said. Unfortunately this forum has many trolls that do nothing but spew garbage and complain about everything. The mods here do nothing about it and let them shit up every thread they want to.
I concur! I came to this thread for valid discussion about Pantheon: Fall of the fallen. Instead, it's nothing but a bunch of trolls and arm-chair designers, yelling about how amateur this kickstarter is.

Vandraad_sl

shitlord
This thread, part one...
BRAD IS BACK! SO HAPPY! BEST GAME EVER! FUCK THAT GUY!

rrr_img_57493.gif
part two...
THE KICKSTARTER IS DOING REALLY BAD!

rrr_img_57497.jpg
part three...
WORST KS LAUNCH EVARrR! I'M PULLING SUPPORT! TAKE A MULLIGAN!

rrr_img_57495.jpg

to be continued...
Throw in the occasional defibrillator screenshot every time the Kickstarted is updated...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Well said. Unfortunately this forum has many trolls that do nothing but spew garbage and complain about everything. The mods here do nothing about it and let them shit up every thread they want to.
Bitch, please. Who are you? When people spew garbage(ie: Utnayan and his crusade for...whatever is it?), there was action. When people are ripping the KS apart for looking like something that was literally put together 30 minutes before the KS started? Yeah, that's going to stay.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Whoever thought offering exclusive interviews to media outlets AFTER the Kickstarter launched was a good idea? Once the Kickstarter launches, you need to lay your shit out to get people's money. This isn't a PR campaign for a game in development, so stop treating it like one. Giving preferential treatment to media outlets over the people who you are asking to donate money is just a dumb fucking idea. Get those interviews sorted BEFORE you launch the Kickstarter.
This almost over anything else. It feels like someone, who never did PR/marketing before, is aping what a major studio's marketing campaign is 6 months prior to launch after 5 years of development.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Fucking '14ers. I'm blaming all of you who dragged Rerolled into the PR arm of this kickstarter.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Would you honestly (And I mean actually Honestly), support it if in fact they pulled it down to redo it. The same question would be asked if you'd support it if the backing fails/they redo it, and put it up there, or is your confidence completely shot at this point? Curious to hear your responses. Discuss.
I'll bite.
I think if the KS fails or is pulled down and Brad goes manic and crawls into a hole (as in disappears, stops talking/tweeting/posting), then pretty much everyone will lose respect for him.
However, I think as long as he stays in communication with "us" (fans, backers, whatever), it won't be that bad. I'd still support him. Communication, as in "Ok all of us at VR have been talking and we think we can do this so much better but we need more time. We believe that you guys deserve the best possible game we can create blah blah blah. Now we understand better how this works blah blah blah blah".

The "kickstarter to kickstart Pantheon" is such a great idea. I mean, ok set the goal low but enough to where it covers the cost of your team members producing some rough draft of a piece of the game, etc (some of the best KS I've seen have a video of someone playing a rough version and saying things like "if this KS is funded, we'd like to improve X").
Also, in this initial "Kickstarter to kickstart Pantheon", as a reward for being a backer, SEND ME A PANTHEON WRIST BAND!
Make 1000 wristbands for like $180!
Then while VR is preparing for the "real" kickstarter, all the backers are sporting Pantheon wristbands, creating buzz around town lol
OK well, my point is, it depends on how this is handled, but I think most of the people who have pulled their pledges or changed their tunes still desperately want to believe in Brad and Pantheon. They just need a good, solid reason.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Because I usually spend time doing other productive things than sitting around on internet forums all day? I only even joined these forums again to help promote something I would like to see. It's fine if others want to sit around and spend time on forums all the time, but that's just not me lol. As for the generalizations, maybe saying "Forums" is the wrong word, becauseyou'reright, I don't know about the entirety of these forums, but like you guys have said about this kickstarter, this "thread" has given me negative first impressions.
263px-Troll-face.png

Kaljin

N00b
This biggest troll thus far in this thread has been Brad.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking '14ers. I'm blaming all of you who dragged Rerolled into the PR arm of this kickstarter.
Ha, not everyone is tossing in the flag. They can turn this shit around.. Gamers are a forgiving bunch..It's on them really, they have the ideas to get this thing funded. Just need to listen.

Zaven_sl

shitlord
Join date in the current month.

Claims to know what he's talking about in regards to a 15 year old community.

Please continue. Should provide some lulz.
Right, because you can't read a forum without joining it. Also, it doesn't take 15 years to realize that people are trolling. Sorry it does for you.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow, you are right. From the KS page:

The fuck is wrong with these guys?
I'm confused, I thought all the classes were going to be revealed during 'class week'. This crap is so ridiculous it's just outright funny now.

Lysis

N00b
I'm sorry Brad, you've lost me. Aside from the concept art, everything about this project better resembles the planning of a Dikumud on a 90s message board than a pitch for a 2017 MMORPG.

After this project and Vanguard, I now wonder if all this is also true:

Things weren't coming up roses at 989/redeye/verant. Brad himself had basically done no work whatsoever since Everquest's release, and many (including Kelly Flock) think he didn't do anything *before* its release. Brad thought of himself as infallible, and Everquest's incredible success, his millions, and his ferrari were all proof of his greatness. Being crowned a "Game @#%$" by PC Gamer didn't help either. His self-aggrandizement cannibalized Verant's customer relations for its entire existance. He insisted on being the sole point of contact with the public to promote his own name, and he did a miserable job.
The Safehouse Forums - View Single Post - McQuaid Calls it Quits

I didn't believe it at the time. I didn't even believe it after Sigil. Now it just makes sense. Moving on. Sorry for what I've done to these dead horses. I still hope Pantheon happens - please prove me wrong!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
My derail for wanting people to stop bitching about the past and focus on the present and how to *constructively* fix things is a derail...wow...
Where the hell have you been? People have been doing that for the past week in this thread? Do you see any results of that constructive criticism?